Cruiseliner
2%
Transtar
5%

Total votes: 900

velles

Re: Out of Production Truck Wishlist

#201 Post by velles » 08 May 2023 07:55

Thanks for explanation. I don't live in America so I had no idea about the iconic status of older Cascadia, to me it seems like rather average looking truck (IMO probably more characteristic older Freightliner is Century or a pre-facelift Coronado)
oldmanclippy

#202 Post by oldmanclippy » 30 May 2023 15:11

Old Cascadia is my most anticipated truck in this poll. New Cascadia is nice but the old one you still see absolutely everywhere and I prefer its looks subjectively. Give me a red 1st gen Cascadia with the duty bumper, midsize sleeper, and a bull bar, and that would probably become my most-used truck all the way until Maine.

Something like this, but with a bull bar. It's not sexy, it's not old school, it's not modern, it doesn't even look particularly good, but it'd be mine :lol:
[ external image ]

As far as I can tell, the Transtar is the only other truck in this poll that was in production on February 2, 2016 (and I assume most people desire an older COE Transtar instead of the later conventionals). So in my eyes, every truck besides the 1st gen Cascadia (or a 2016-2017 Transtar) could be paid DLC.

Other trucks I voted for are the Classic XL (again a truck that you see all the time on the roads still), the K100 (overfloater's mod is great but I'd still like to see SCS tackle it), the Mack R (it's just so goofy looking but in a fun way), and a Transtar either old COE or recent conventional.
Last edited by oldmanclippy on 30 May 2023 22:14, edited 3 times in total.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Ludo Diabolo

#203 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 30 May 2023 15:41

and yet it's the classic XL that comes out on top in the poll because, in my opinion, it's the 2nd most legendary truck on the road in the USA. after the W900 .
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
Seerman

#204 Post by Seerman » 30 May 2023 15:44

Why is 379 not on the list?
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#205 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 30 May 2023 16:01

There are many photos on page 1, which are not in the survey either and which would nevertheless have their place in the survey, but it was necessary to make a choice and a list in my opinion of those most desired and most possible to see the day in 2040. :D
in particular the freightliner FLD, the FLB ect ect to mention only those of my favourite manufacturer.
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
flight50

#206 Post by flight50 » 30 May 2023 17:29

Seerman wrote: 30 May 2023 15:44 Why is 379 not on the list?
Because it did not get enough votes. You have to realize that at the time the poll was made, I can only tally up the votes based on post from people that actually commented here before the poll was setup. If we ever get a truck in this poll, there are a ton more pages to tally up votes for the next time that I'll go thru it. This poll isn't trucks I wanted, its trucks the community wants to see. But plain and simple, enough people have to mention x,y,z in order for me to place it as a option. I'm not going to cheat and put what I want in.

I have to agree on the old Cascadia though. It hands down still needs to be in ATS. That truck won't phase out for another 5+ years. I agree it could be free and all others paid. I can rock with that. Speaking out of production, I saw a FLB on the way to work this morning and immediately thought about this thread. ATS could use some classic COE's for sure. I think it would put some excitement in the truck roster and in AI traffic with low spawns. Maybe something like 1:3000 or something.

The XL....yeah that could be ATS's first paid truck for sure. That and the legendary K100. Take my money because I'm buying both. Too many modern trucks and zero old school. Trucking in North Americas is trucking. New or old. I surely hope SCS doesn't only consider modern trucks when other somewhat competing games offers out of production models. That's why paid should be considered for out of production. Lots and lots of time need to be put in for references. SCS is missing out on money here just like with the lack of cargo. They can make a lot more money than they are allowing themselves to make.
parasaurolophus67

#207 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 30 May 2023 18:59

Plus I think the old Cascadia is slowly getting a bit popular for owner operators. Like I've seen some recent truck videos of the truck customized and not just glider kit version alone.

Would love see it in-game also.
Michi 350

#208 Post by Michi 350 » 01 Jun 2023 11:03

I miss the K100 E and a wider range of engines (cummins N14). For me, the most beautiful sound of all. If I download these items externally, they don't work for me in convoys and I can't join them. I would welcome this variant as DLC
K100 E And W900 with Cummins N14... Best of American sound and Truck combination 8-) 8-) 8-)
flight50

#209 Post by flight50 » 01 Jun 2023 12:06

@Michi 350 Lol. Ahhhhh the N14. By far my favorite. Looking at your signature, the only 2 trucks I use predominantly are the exactvsame combination.....the W900 and the K100 by overfloater and both are equipped with the N14. Pure music to my ears. I really dig that signature though, lol.

I'd absolutely love it if SCS brought both the K100 and the N14. For that matter, that warrants paid dlc simply due to the invested resources required to make both happen. The extents to get references for out of production trucks is much more tedious than in production. I really wish SCS made engine sounds by engine though instead of by truck. The more trucks that release, the harder it seems to get sounds right. Develop sounds based on engines seems like the better path to success imo.
ferdcasx

#210 Post by ferdcasx » 17 Jul 2023 15:42

i thought 359 & FLC would be at higher spot. :(

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”