Freightliner Cascadia Natural Gas
2%
International RH
3%

Total votes: 391

harishw8r

Re: Next In-Production ATS truck speculation

#291 Post by harishw8r » 31 May 2023 17:45

Agreed. Even that slight design change would visually sell, if nothing else. With increasing team capacity, as I mentioned earlier, I would like them to explore in all directions.
flight50

#292 Post by flight50 » 31 May 2023 19:00

tjrr wrote: 31 May 2023 16:39 honestly i think that ats can in some years catch the trucks that are on the market, and ets2 is even esier to get that since it only lacks the volvo and mercedes facelifts and the iveco from the brands in game, ats now as all of the brands but there is missing the pinnacle, the hx and basicly all the current gen/facelift of paccar line up (except w900), and if they manage to get the license the ws 4900, but with current flow of new trucks it is posible in some years, then its a question of reworking old trucks and probably then they might add older truck which would be quite cool, and i think that scs won't have that priority until they catch up with all of those missing trucks in production!
I totally agree with all this that is said. I reallllly hope this is the plan. It will take some years still though.
velles

#293 Post by velles » 01 Jun 2023 14:03

tjrr wrote: 31 May 2023 16:39 other thing pavel talked some time ago was that they would like to expand to other types of vehicles, that also would be cool to have vans and so on, but honestly in the long run both would be cool, but choosing one, the electric stuff would be cooler and more likely
I'd prefer to have vans - unlike the electric trucks, they're actually quite significant part of cargo transport, at least in Europe, because from a legal perspective they are "cars", not "trucks" which means they pay lower tolls, have higher speed limits and don't need to be equipped with tachograph - that makes them very attractive for some transport companies.
Electric trucks at this moment are still a quirk, SCS should definitely not work on them, at least not before more important features (like rigids, multidrops, better economy, truck maintenance, seasons, etc). are in the game.
tjrr

#294 Post by tjrr » 03 Jun 2023 16:27

vans would be cool, and in europe, at least, electric semi-trucks aren't catching up as well, because eletric range and heavy loads aren't the best combination, but with that said, both would be coll in my opinion, but i think that if we ever have vans, its more likely to have both or already have some EV trucks, since until now ets2 and ats are only truck games, and manufacturers will put pressure for these trucks due to marketing, and the costs of developing, so if they see the game as a good marketing strategy we will probably have them in some years time i suspect, vans would be a completely new type of vehicle, so, if it happens, i don't think it will be a focus untill we catch up with all current trucks and there is the capacity to keep updating the game with new trucks that come to market, (and maybe some older ones), and develop this new type of vehicle, that, although it is possible, i assume it will be harder to implement than EVs since that "only" needs a map update to have where to charge them, and the feature in the game to be able to charge them, that probably wouth be similar to sleeping, with the diference that you could selct how much to charge and then time passes for example, and having that imidiately for online, after that all the diference is with the trucks itself in the sound and driving caracteristics

nonetheless, any of those ideas, would be cool, and hope that with time we will se both!

(edit): with vans also, there's "only" the sleeping part (probably have a diferent time to be able to drive between stops and hotels or something where to park), and cargo, and they would have to put new dilearships and so on so, its's a litle more to do, but possible, just don't think that if it ever happens it would be in the closer years, but whould be cool to have vehicles capable of higger speeds, like vans, probably in ets2 they could make part of the german highways with no speed limit in some places, (simulating where that happens in the autobahn), with vans it would be really cool!
trucks in ATS: 2018 Anthem, 2023 vnl, 5700xe, 9900i Eagle, 5x w900, 57x, 49x, 2019 Cascadia, 389 and t680 signature edition

trucks in ETS2: 2022 xf, fh16, r730, stralis hy-way, magnum, old actros, old fh16, old xf and old stralis
velles

#295 Post by velles » 03 Jun 2023 17:25

tjrr wrote: 03 Jun 2023 16:27 i assume it will be harder to implement than EVs since that "only" needs a map update to have where to charge them, and the feature in the game to be able to charge them, that probably wouth be similar to sleeping, with the diference that you could selct how much to charge and then time passes for example, and having that imidiately for online
Adding electric trucks might be easier than vans/rigids but still not that easy if SCS wants to represent them properly (like the "fuel" consumption, driving characteristics, etc.). If semis were the only truck type in existence than I would agree that working on vans would be pointless. But SCS needs to work on rigids, preferably before the electric trucks because rigids are much MUCH more important for trucking than electric trucks will be for at least another decade. And with rigids in the game vans could be then easily added as they would work pretty much as "smaller rigids" (the only difference would be higher speed limits but the game already simulates different speed limits for cars and trucks).
tjrr wrote: 03 Jun 2023 16:27 with vans also, there's "only" the sleeping part (probably have a diferent time to be able to drive between stops and hotels or something where to park), and cargo, and they would have to put new dilearships and so on so, its's a litle more to do
Yes, vans don't have sleeper but so do daycabs. New dealerships are not needed as long as SCS adds only these vans that are sold by the brands already present in the game (MAN TGE, Mercedes Sprinter, Iveco Daily, Renault Master - though the last one is made by Renault Group, not Renault Trucks, which is entirely different entity owned by Volvo, but maybe it still could use Renault dealerships). IMO these models would be enough variety to cover European van market.
The only new dealership would probably be Ford but it needs to be added to ETS2 anyway with Ford F-Max - and Ford in the game will allow for another van model (Ford Transit).

At least that's the ETS2 case, ATS it is a little bit more problematic and would indeed require new dealerships - the only van offered by a brand that's already in the game is Freightliner Sprinter (also I doubt vans are nearly as popular in long distance cargo transport as they are in Europe, but I still think ATS should get them as well, at least the Freightliner one)
tjrr

#296 Post by tjrr » 03 Jun 2023 18:29

in my opinion i only differ in the fact that, manufacturers, specially in europe, are being forced to go electric, and the closer we get to simulate every model of truck and with that every type of fuel would be cool, and manufacturers will be more interest in selling the right to scs do electic trucks than diesel in some cases, specially through the next decade, so for me after they manage the diesel trucks, i think that would be the next step, specially because it is stil keeping with the main type of vehicles of the game
with that i'm all in favor of other types of vehicles, vans, rigids, buses, ..., but if doing properly then for ets2 besides those ones, they should add vw, peugeot/citroen as brands, since those besides the transeit are actually the most common, i maybe see 1 man van for every 50 of those brands on the roads here, and for ats the same, they should in that case include ram, gm, ford, and others, and then there's again the EV problem, if not even more, so with the EV trucks they are also preparing a base for EV vans and rigids that going forwards will increase, and the fuel consumption also changes for smaller vehicles
trucks in ATS: 2018 Anthem, 2023 vnl, 5700xe, 9900i Eagle, 5x w900, 57x, 49x, 2019 Cascadia, 389 and t680 signature edition

trucks in ETS2: 2022 xf, fh16, r730, stralis hy-way, magnum, old actros, old fh16, old xf and old stralis
Mr.electronic

#297 Post by Mr.electronic » 04 Jun 2023 14:12

So they've released the new blog post that has something to do with heavy hauling and western star. So maybe it's like an older truck like the 4900XD twin-steer? but there was the 49x in the picture so probably not. It also could be a map addon.
OWLCAT

#298 Post by OWLCAT » 05 Jun 2023 04:42

I wish SCS add a new face to current LT like this one.
It's like TGX E6. It just changes grill, light, bumper, new engine option.

[ external image ]
New face only available for S13 engine option.
Hello! I love muffin, Do you love muffin?
KanameChidori

#299 Post by KanameChidori » 15 Jun 2023 11:24

The new S13 is up to 515hp to 1,850 ib-ft torque at low rpm and the T14 is a 14 speed gear box
KanameChidori

#300 Post by KanameChidori » 10 Jul 2023 17:42

Think there's a good chance we could get both 579 NG & T680 NG together. if not T680 more likely. A new mack would be great too like the Pinnacle, the interior is the exact same to the Anthem

i really do like the Peterbilt 589 it looks beautiful.
Attachments
spear-script-589.jpg
589-main-image-v4.png

Return to “General discussion about the game”