Timppa

Re: New MAN TG3 not available

#11 Post by Timppa » 31 May 2023 11:22

Uninstalled, re-installed. No TG3.
Madkine
Global moderator

#12 Post by Madkine » 31 May 2023 13:09

What version of the game are running? It won't be available on older versions such as 1.46.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Timppa

#13 Post by Timppa » 31 May 2023 18:42

Madkine wrote: 31 May 2023 13:09 What version of the game are running? It won't be available on older versions such as 1.46.
Version 1.47.2 - the newest, I suppose.
Madkine
Global moderator

#14 Post by Madkine » 31 May 2023 21:29

Are you using family sharing?

Can you share a game log please?

Post your complete game.log.txt to pastebin.com (no account needed) and then post the link here and we'll have a look for you (split the game.log.txt into multiple pastes if it is too big).
If pastebin is not available in your country please use http://rentry.co and post the link to it here please. The page works like pastebin.
The file can be found at "C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2" for a default install.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

Timppa

#15 Post by Timppa » 01 Jun 2023 10:50

No family sharing.
Game.log:
https://rentry.co/29wbk
Madkine
Global moderator

#16 Post by Madkine » 02 Jun 2023 09:12

The DLC is definitely there:

00:00:22.609 : [fs] device dlc_man_tgx_2020.scs mounted.

Try disabling your mods as maybe there's a conflict.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

Kilayandra

#17 Post by Kilayandra » 04 Jun 2023 03:04

I'm a bit confused right now. It looks like the TG3 isn't labeled as it ingame.
It's just the TGX GN, TGX GM and TGX GX at the truck dealer ... am I right
or do I miss something?
AdmiralSnackbar

#18 Post by AdmiralSnackbar » 29 Jun 2023 13:10

Hi - I think I'm having the same/a similar issue. In-game the title of the trucks are showing up incorrectly - it's dispalyed as MAN series_man_tgx_2020 as shown in this screenshot https://ibb.co/VDw8mDS

Not sure if that means the DLC isn't installed properly (tried uninstalling and reinstalling whole game, and new profile). Might also partially explain why the mirror cameras aren't working and are just displaying a missing texture icon.

Anyone else experiencing this or something like it?
Axel Slingerland

#19 Post by Axel Slingerland » 02 Jul 2023 02:54

Just so ya know, it is rarely necessary to reinstall the entire game because it isn't doing what you expected it to. DLCs are rarely a problem themselves, but incorrect game versions of DLCs, mod conflicts and \ or incompatibility are frequent culprits.

If something doesn't work the way you believe it should, post your game log with as much detail as you can about the situation. In my experience, it's quite often a mod conflict. (Which is why I always limit the number of mods, and only keep those I am actually using.)

Take a fool's advice (as my ol' Pappy used to say), I always test new DLCs and mods on a freshly made Test Profile. If whatever you're testing works there, but not on your (backed up!) main Profile, something is going on with it. A copy of your game log will allow those here who are experts on the subject to see what is happening.

Once you have proven to yourself that your new DLC or Mod is working properly on both your Test and Main Profile, delete the Test Profile so you won't be tempted to use it again, and will have to create a new one next time you want to add something new to the game. This is particularly important with DLCs and Mods with new Maps, Trucks and Trailers. I've been playing this game since the 1st anniversary of it's release date, and this has never changed.

As far as backing up your Profiles go, I just go to my Profiles folder and make a Zip file of the entire thing, and put the date and time in the file name. If you need to revert back to that point, just unpack it over the old folder. You can also do one Profile at a time. For example, I always start a new Profile whenever I update the game, and once I have my truck purchased and geared up, I make backup of that Profile and name it [truck name]+[date]+[time]+[game version].zip.

Also, remember that everyone had to learn these things... So don't feel like it's "you" because did too.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers

Return to “Help center - player to player”