The model is not displayed in the Content Browser.

Piotr Kostrzewski

The model is not displayed in the Content Browser.

#1 Post by Piotr Kostrzewski » 01 Jun 2023 07:22

Hello.

Based on https://youtu.be/CmgqX9V5SWI I am trying to create a road sign. I'm editing a pmg file from base.scs in Blender. I have two problems: My texture shows up in the preview but not in the model. The mod is exported and packed, there are mat files etc but it is not displayed in the Content Browser. Maybe someone knows why? Thank you very much for your time.
Reinhard

Re: The model is not displayed in the Content Browser.

#2 Post by Reinhard » 01 Jun 2023 07:50

Can't comment the Blender part, this is just about the map editor's content browser.

Are you changing an existing sign model, copied from the base, while keeping its name? And your visual changes don't appear, when you lookup that model in the content browser? Or looking wrong? Pro tip for that: check the game log.

Or do you clone a sign model, applying a new name? And there is no additional model in the browser?
Piotr Kostrzewski

#3 Post by Piotr Kostrzewski » 01 Jun 2023 08:11

Reinhard wrote: 01 Jun 2023 07:50 Can't comment the Blender part, this is just about the map editor's content browser.

Are you changing an existing sign model, copied from the base, while keeping its name? And your visual changes don't appear, when you lookup that model in the content browser? Or looking wrong? Pro tip for that: check the game log.

Or do you clone a sign model, applying a new name? And there is no additional model in the browser?
Exactly. I use a new name, add my texture, export and packaging of the mod is successful and as you say there is no additional model in the browser.
Reinhard

#4 Post by Reinhard » 01 Jun 2023 08:25

Did you add sign definitions in /def/world"? Like the existing ones in the various "/def/world/sign*.sii" files?
Piotr Kostrzewski

#5 Post by Piotr Kostrzewski » 01 Jun 2023 08:41

I guess I forgot about that. If I add it should work, right?
Reinhard

#6 Post by Reinhard » 01 Jun 2023 08:51

Sure. But don't add it to an existing file, create or use your own. Because the existing repositories will get extended, when future updates will arrive, with new models.
Piotr Kostrzewski

#7 Post by Piotr Kostrzewski » 01 Jun 2023 08:52

I know it. I have created def/world and def/model. Thank you very much. Have a nice day.
Piotr Kostrzewski

#8 Post by Piotr Kostrzewski » 02 Jun 2023 11:23

Reinhard wrote: 01 Jun 2023 08:51 Sure. But don't add it to an existing file, create or use your own. Because the existing repositories will get extended, when future updates will arrive, with new models.
It still doesn't work. I'm out of ideas. Could you give me some advice?
Reinhard

#9 Post by Reinhard » 02 Jun 2023 14:53

Not having any clue what your problem is, I can only give general advice:

To check both editor and game log is the first thing I do, when a problem arises.

The entries in the repositories (like "/def/world/sign.xx.sii") have to be unique. On a global level. No two identical "sign_model", by name, are allowed, in whatever file they are defined. Example: A second use of "sign_model : sign.1" is not valid, wherever it takes place. Not in the original repositories, not in yours.

The rest is simple modding.
Piotr Kostrzewski

#10 Post by Piotr Kostrzewski » 02 Jun 2023 15:14

Reinhard wrote: 02 Jun 2023 14:53 Not having any clue what your problem is, I can only give general advice:

To check both editor and game log is the first thing I do, when a problem arises.

The entries in the repositories (like "/def/world/sign.xx.sii") have to be unique. On a global level. No two identical "sign_model", by name, are allowed, in whatever file they are defined. Example: A second use of "sign_model : sign.1" is not valid, wherever it takes place. Not in the original repositories, not in yours.

The rest is simple modding.
I know there must be different names and I took care of that. I'll take a look at the editor's log, I forgot about it. Thank you very much. Have a nice day

Return to “Blender Tools”