SCS General Discussion Thread

oldmanclippy

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#29861 Post by oldmanclippy » 02 Jun 2023 15:12

55sixxx wrote: 02 Jun 2023 14:17 Y'all know that when it comes to, I'm among the first to openly criticize something SCS did... But this time I think there should be more to it other than just a new hood for the 49X. Why? Pay attention to the last piece of text:
SCS wrote:You might want to brace yourselves for an elevated heavy hauling experience that'll take your trucking adventures to uncharted territories
I think this is related to new HH missions/quests outside of the main map, like on more dangerous roads and such. That's the only thing that comes to mind. Because I fail to see how a Power Hood for the WS will take trucking to uncharted (unexplored/untraveled) territories. And if I'm wrong and the Power Hood is all there is to it, I don't think it's right SCS including such text in the blog.
I think it's plausible based on the wording of the blog post and I would absolutely love that I've suggested it before as a way to diversify the experiences in the games and pick up people who liked Snowrunner/Mudrunner, but I still think it's more likely just marketing fluff provided by Western Star.
SCS blog wrote:Exciting times are ahead for all of us here at SCS, as we're forging onward with a thrilling new endeavor in partnership with our friends at Western Star®. We don't want to spill the beans just yet, but we've got a little sneak peek ready for you. The image below is just a glimpse into what we've been quietly cooking up. All we can say for now is - you might want to brace yourselves for an elevated heavy hauling experience that'll take your trucking adventures to uncharted territories.
That would be an extreme amount of overstatement for a hood option. Like there's no gray area, that's just comical, apologies to Western Star's PR team but it's true.

Flavor text in non-brand-affiliated blogs has increased dramatically over the past year or so though, so I'm still saying that just the power hood is most likely.
Last edited by oldmanclippy on 02 Jun 2023 15:15, edited 3 times in total.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
xXCARL1992Xx

#29862 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 Jun 2023 15:13

doesnt change the fact you are still wrong ;)

if any of those manufacturers write to Giants theyx want all branded mods removed they will be removed, period, just because Giants owns Licenses for XY brand doesnt meant anything for modders
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
HubercikBercik

#29863 Post by HubercikBercik » 02 Jun 2023 15:15

Kögel is coming 8-)
obraz_2023-06-02_171528319.png
Last edited by HubercikBercik on 02 Jun 2023 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
novatlansound

#29864 Post by novatlansound » 02 Jun 2023 15:17

I hope it is something nice, but from my own sad experiences with marketing teams and what they want to write, I'm not getting my hopes up.
Worst case, it is just a WS-themed paint job with a heavy-haul theme.
I think it will be just a Wotr event like "30 loads to any offroad depot using a WS truck of at least 120 miles" with that paint job as a reward.
Anything more and I'll be quite happy.
oldmanclippy

#29865 Post by oldmanclippy » 02 Jun 2023 15:18

Wow they're really ramping up licensed trailer pack production, great to see. I'm sure there's something cooking on the ATS side as well.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
F4R35

#29866 Post by F4R35 » 02 Jun 2023 15:22

I personally don't care about branded trailers as long as the cargo system is still broken.
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
Ludo Diabolo

#29867 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 02 Jun 2023 15:26

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 02 Jun 2023 15:13 doesnt change the fact you are still wrong ;)

if any of those manufacturers write to Giants theyx want all branded mods removed they will be removed, period, just because Giants owns Licenses for XY brand doesnt meant anything for modders
Who tells you that Giant does not have in its contract an agreement with the licenses so that modders can use the brand name?
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
HubercikBercik

#29868 Post by HubercikBercik » 02 Jun 2023 15:26

Unknown ETS2 depot has been added to experimental branch
obraz_2023-06-02_172628463.png
Aziz

#29869 Post by Aziz » 02 Jun 2023 15:27

Hehe, Kogel-mogel

As for the shadows, yeah I was imagining things, they were never there. Too bad, because such little detail would add a lot to the visuals. Even super low res shadows, shouldn't be too taxing on the hardware.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”