Load Order - ATS v1.49 Map Combos (Updated 24 Mar 2024 - Bonjour Quebec)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
TruckSimFan

Re: Load Order - ATS v1.47 Map Combos (Updated 30 May 2023 - Terrebonne - San Rafael - The Great Midwest - US-24 - Unim

#2201 Post by TruckSimFan » 02 Jun 2023 15:14

schumi059 wrote: 02 Jun 2023 14:49 Ok I now understand why I had roads broken near Detroit if I have Discover Ontario without Midwest Expansion.
FYI, you can use maps that don't connect to each other while you wait for the other ones to be updated.

While it's not ideal, if you avoid the areas where the roads end (and you don't get a CTD in general), you can still do deliveries in the areas the maps cover. The game will find an optimal route that automatically avoids the broken roads. I have Discover Ontario, installed without Midwest Expansion, and I can still do deliveries to Canada via Detroit, and other cities because the game just plots a slightly longer route around the Great Lakes region where the roads do exist.

You can also make manual routes as well. If there is a particular delivery you are interested in that is near an area with broken roads, you can teleport there (officially or using the dev console), pick up the load, and then manually plot your away around broken roads. The game will always plot a route that avoids broken roads, so you can use that as guide and fine tune it by hand in the nav map.
Harleyfrank

Re: Load Order - ATS v1.47 Map Combos (Updated 30 May 2023 - Terrebonne - San Rafael - The Great Midwest - US-24 - Unim

#2202 Post by Harleyfrank » 02 Jun 2023 15:41

I downloaded the latest San Rafael mod, but I get the red "Incompatible" button on the Mods screen.....
Attom

#2203 Post by Attom » 02 Jun 2023 15:55

Thanks @TruckSimFan ,
I have just recieved an update from 50 States/Midwest for the (Ont, Que) connections file.
So I think 50 States will be released soon.
I will inclued an update for Quebec, Ontario, and Connections
https://discord.gg/5RqAACwN
OR from Discord "Discover Ontario"
TruckSimFan

#2204 Post by TruckSimFan » 02 Jun 2023 19:03

Harleyfrank wrote: 02 Jun 2023 15:41 I downloaded the latest San Rafael mod, but I get the red "Incompatible" button on the Mods screen.....
You will have to modify the manifest.sii file using Notepad, or Notepad++.
Most map mods are just zip, or rar files that have been packaged and changed to have the .scs extension, and not .zip, or .rar at the end.

1) You can open most of them by double clicking on the file e.g. SanRafaelv2.5.scs, and when Windows asks what program to use to open them, select 7-Zip (It's free for download, or you can use Winrar, too).
2) Once it's open, select the file "manifest.sii", and right click on it to Edit.
3) It's a basic text file, and there will be multiple entries on it. Scroll to the bottom and look for...
# Description file inside the root directory of the mod.
description_file: "augubor.txt"

compatible_versions[]: "1.46.*"
4) Add the line... compatible_versions[]: "1.47.*", above it, so it looks like this:
compatible_versions[]: "1.47.*"
compatible_versions[]: "1.46.*
5) Save the file, and it will ask if you want to rebuild the archive. Select, "Yes".
6) The map's manifest.sii... The file that tells ATS/ETS2 if a mod is compatible with the latest version... Has now been edited, and the mod repacked.
7) Launch the game, go to the Mod Manager, and you shouldn't have the red, incompatible warning anymore. You should be able to add the map to your mod list.

Be aware, this doesn't actually edit the map itself. It just allows the Mod Manager to read the map as "compatible" with the latest version of the game. Only those who know how to edit the actual maps can make the changes needed to fix bugs the new version of the game has introduced.
Acrillix

#2205 Post by Acrillix » 02 Jun 2023 23:06

So I put everything in as @Vinnie Terranova said, and nothing else but my map of Mexico looks like this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2984114490

It seems smushed and I can see some broken roads that don't connect to anything. I've ensured that I have the correct versions and in the correct order as instructed.
TruckSimFan

#2206 Post by TruckSimFan » 03 Jun 2023 03:28

Attom wrote: 02 Jun 2023 15:55 Thanks @TruckSimFan ,
I have just recieved an update from 50 States/Midwest for the (Ont, Que) connections file.
So I think 50 States will be released soon.
I will inclued an update for Quebec, Ontario, and Connections
This is good news.

Keep up the good work!
WetBread

#2207 Post by WetBread » 04 Jun 2023 02:09

Hi all,

For some reason, the border crossing from San Diego to Mexico has a small chunk of the roads missing. I only have the reforma mod with the mega resource mod (along with the background map mod) installed. Not sure if this is intentional or not.
altransam

#2208 Post by altransam » 04 Jun 2023 11:12

@WetBread:
Yes it is intentional from Reforma, they will rework that sector at a later date

Alain from Montreal
Last edited by altransam on 04 Jun 2023 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
TruckSimFan

#2209 Post by TruckSimFan » 04 Jun 2023 15:21

Small update:

I finally drove through Terrebonne to Baker, last night.

I also ended up at Yard-Ontario (Oregon), too, and spent the night.

These are nice additions to the load order, and I had no technical (CTD) errors. However, Terrebonne to Baker is very basic. Too basic, IMHO. The textures, geometry and lighting are low res and flat. The vegetation bug that makes the landscape disappear, or appear watery is also present due to it not being updated to 1.47. Overall, it stands out among the SCS (Oregon) part of the map. I commend the author for their efforts (better than anything I could ever do), but the transition between areas is very jarring, let alone the visual bugs. So, it's going to come down to personal preference whether or not you want to include the route. Not to mention, the cities aren't even labeled which first lead me to believe they had been removed from the default map, too.
Harleyfrank

#2210 Post by Harleyfrank » 06 Jun 2023 10:14

TruckSimFan wrote: 02 Jun 2023 19:03
Harleyfrank wrote: 02 Jun 2023 15:41 I downloaded the latest San Rafael mod, but I get the red "Incompatible" button on the Mods screen.....
You will have to modify the manifest.sii file using Notepad, or Notepad++.
Most map mods are just zip, or rar files that have been packaged and changed to have the .scs extension, and not .zip, or .rar at the end.

Ah, Thanks for the info.

I will do as stated.

Return to “Modding Guides”