Wishlists Megathread

Holzauge

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4381 Post by Holzauge » 22 May 2023 17:21

My - at the moment - major complaints, which I would like to see improved one day. (Well, these problems can be found in both games, but I am posting it here only)

Many yellow phases at traffic lights way too short.

Traffic signs not reflective making them extremely difficult to be seen at night.

Traffic entering from ramps is horrible.
VDMA
MG Mike

#4382 Post by MG Mike » 23 May 2023 15:25

Would be nice if the Krone Plant is more than only a company to deliver...make a trailer dealer which can be visited for example .and if we buy a trailer we have to go there by semi truck only to get our new trailer ..

But this would mean we need also a dealer for Feldbinder Schwarzmüller and for the SCS own brand trailers..

And please change the freights a bit .it is pretty senseless to deliver motoroil in a big cistern to the ramp of Tradeaux..so we need two sub types of motor oil ...loose fluid in a cistern and in canisters packed onto palettes for selling..
So first one can only delivered from a company for loose liquid fuels. and should only to be delivered to customers who need it loose in their tanks at their company. For example gas sations and second can be delivered to any company like Tradeaux or Transient or to shops or some like that..
Same goes for tipper trailers..what shall the people at the Norrfood supermarket to for example with a tipper trailer full of corn...this should rather go to a food processing factory....
From time to time I hear at Livestreams that you (SCS) want to bring a more realistic supply chain ..but unfortunately ther is not very much to see..
Instead I got some senseless freights like medical equipment or clothes or even construction machines or truck tyres at companies like Polar Fish or Nordic Crown, which shall be food companies..this I have mostly white playing in a map combo.

So it would be very great if this will change also in the near future.
Last edited by MG Mike on 27 May 2023 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
EuRoadNet
Senior Tester and assistant Mapper
ninjawarrior1x3

#4383 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 26 May 2023 12:16

umutko14 wrote: 07 Jun 2022 20:16 → Similar to being tired, if you had a temperature within the cabin, so when travelling in hot weather, it can tell you how hot it is and you can turn the AC on or open the windows. Turning the AC on would show the hand selecting, turning etc. Also window opening would have additional meaning besides the sound effect currently. Also, if there were cold temperatures in the north you would have to turn the heat on. If you drive so long while cold, for example, your need for sleep may accelerate.
I might make a thread for this if there's enough interest (unless any of you know of one that exists for ETS2), but I was thinking about something like this. At rest areas, there could be toilets (with maybe a bladder bar), a shop (to buy stuff from) and a restaurant to eat at.
I would also like to see this in ferries (with an opportunity to walk around the ferry, eat, and go to sleep in your cabin)
j7n

#4384 Post by j7n » 02 Jun 2023 21:53

A narrower line on the route navigator in zoom 1 (default view).

Since the navigator became aware of wide roads with 2 separate directions of travel, the line that marks our route has become wider than the underlying road on the map. Sometimes it obstructs the layout of an upcoming intersection. It is not clear at a distance when the intersection is a roundabout and requires slowing down and sometimes if I need to make a turn in a twisted T junction or can go through it as priority, because the width of the road is completely obstructed by the wide red line.

Unconstructed spurs with "blockers" are too short on the map. They should be drawn slightly longer to stick out of the red line and be more obvious. I cannot drive on those roads, but want to be aware of an intesection with them because a lane change might be required.

The red line was recently made more narrow on navigator zooms 2 and 3. Maybe a little too narrow on a small screen, but I can handle it. Zoom 0 is ok, it is narrower than the road width. Only the main zoom 1 is problematic.
Bobble2020

#4385 Post by Bobble2020 » 06 Jun 2023 16:57

My suggestions would be

A LOT more service stations , they are way too far apart at times
All ferry crossings you actually go onto the ferry
Better headlights or an option for people who dont have 20/20 vision to have them shoe further ahead
Better lighting at junctions , so annoying trying to turn left or right in the pitch black
j7n

#4386 Post by j7n » 06 Jun 2023 22:41

1. Speeding ambulances and police.

After I witnessed an annoying loud ambulance convoy going back and forth near my home, I thought it would be cool to see these vehicles in the game occasionally driving fast in cities and busting red lights. We should be required to yield to them.

2. Brightness of blockers.

The blockers before unconstructed road segments are too bright at night and make it difficult to see the headlights of approaching cars. Maybe they could be dimmer at night. Somehow headlights are not bright enough. I real life the yellow position lights are very piercing. We have HDR now(?), and it should be possible to make them exceed full brightness for free to go through the dark windshield.

3. More fines by police.

It seems that police cars near car crashes on the roadside can never fine even if I crash in plain view of them. They should be more concerned with security of the crash site.

Maybe the player could be fined for not stopping before a stop sign only if a police car can see it. This should be relatively straightforward programmatically.
Red_rascal

#4387 Post by Red_rascal » 07 Jun 2023 08:03

Hi! thank you for working the lighting. I have lot of issue since SCS games use shader. The lighting become really unrealistic. Unlike versions before shader. I hope you can boost the work for lighting
i lost most of my game experience because of the lighting. Especially at noon and dusk
Timoderpcfernfahrer

#4388 Post by Timoderpcfernfahrer » 07 Jun 2023 15:47

Hello, I have a few suggestions, such as groupage, for example Hamburg Hanover chasuble for Zurich

That you have to wait for real, for example, that the truck will only come two hours later

as well as the 45 minute forced break after 4 and a half hours

And punish the overtaking ban
Lukemfc

#4389 Post by Lukemfc » 09 Jun 2023 16:47

How about an option like irl the train from freilberg to novara Milan area train
velles

#4390 Post by velles » 13 Jun 2023 16:36

Few of my requests that IMO aren't worth a separate topic:

1. Make the spawn rate of Tesla Model Y slightly lower - they are still not nearly that common IRL (I've seen a lot more Models S or Models 3 (BTW Model S should also spawn in traffic instead of being just a parked prop)

2. I've noticed in game files that Aleko is scripted to spawn in Poland
country_traffic_info : .country.info.traffic.aleko { object: traffic.aleko spawn_ratio: 0.01}
Well, this spawn rate is extremely low, I haven't noticed a single one in Poland despite playing ETS quite a lot (if anything, this spawn rate probably should be something like 0.05 or maybe even 0.1).
And second - Aleko not the good choice for Poland, they were never sold there (and even in the 90s existed only if someone imported them, in 2023 are rarer than the unicorn)
If there is one classic car model from ETS2 that should spawn in Poland it is Lada because unlike Aleko it was sold and also it looks a lot like Polski Fiat 125p, so they can be used as an ersatz of that car, both are still sometimes seen on the roads. But only sedan version should spawn, wagon wasn't sold in Poland.

TL;DR - replace Aleko in Polish traffic with Lada and make spawn rate somewhat larger to make it rare but still noticeable

3. Add NAF stations in ETS2. I like their design and BP stations (on which NAF is clearly based) exist in Europe as well.
[ external image ]
There was even some concept art of European trucks with NAF livery so I'd like to see these stations in ETS2 as well
[ external image ]

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”