SCS General Discussion Thread

bumbumek

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#29931 Post by bumbumek » 02 Jun 2023 22:50

Mohegan13 wrote: 02 Jun 2023 18:04 Well if bumbumek isn't interested in it, rigids confirmed for next week?
Ok ok, I got your point, so I'm also not interested in Iveco S-Way :D

Waiting for next week! :P
SuchManor

#29932 Post by SuchManor » 03 Jun 2023 02:31

flight50 wrote: 02 Jun 2023 21:42 Rigids could have a place in ATS currently imho. Check out the link I posted Monday in the Volvo thread here viewtopic.php?p=1820213#p1820213. Click the links for moving style, flatbeds, dumpers and tankers. All apply for ATS. They have to add more suitable places but multi drop helps open up options if that feature ever comes. If rigids do come, we also need the ability to drive without an attached trailer so that could open up smaller places which shouldn't generate if we have a trailer attached.
As of the current game, the only rigids there I could see having a place is fuel and maybe dump. I cant think of anything else that would be of any use with the current way the game works. There just aren't any good delivery points for rigids at the moment.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
JoeAlex23

#29933 Post by JoeAlex23 » 03 Jun 2023 02:44

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 02 Jun 2023 22:22 There is no difference, both have to carry cargo, the Swap Body one is visible box with goods while the other one is just a text file, Swap Bodies should be even hat er because you have to programm the unloading process of the bodies, I do not want them to make it an Enter and done Job but like the thought concept they showed years ago
Not really, the way i see it with swap bodies is, take a normal semi-truck with a fifth wheel and just attach a big box to said fifth wheel with no wheels, the truck will only carry said box empty or with whatever you put inside that box like any other trailer and you can easily remove it, same logic for swap bodies, is like a trailer that has no wheels and to attach it to the truck is basically the same procedure as to attach a regular trailer (lower suspension, drive under the box, raise suspension to lift the box of the ground and raise the legs), then you carry the box empty or with something inside the box like a regular trailer and you can detach the box whenever you want like a regular trailer, the truck itself is not taking a cargo on it's own, it's hauling a box, but i'm just talking about the truck itself, for the swap body trailer is a different thing and that's where it could get complicated for SCS.

For rigids the truck itself needs to carry a cargo without attaching anything to it, the "box" is a part of the truck and you can't remove it, at least that's how i see it.

Edit: while i was writing that i remembered this, someone already proved a swap body is possible in game but only with the truck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAByxSg3f5E
Optional Features

#29934 Post by Optional Features » 03 Jun 2023 02:50

SuchManor wrote: 03 Jun 2023 02:31 As of the current game, the only rigids there I could see having a place is fuel and maybe dump. I cant think of anything else that would be of any use with the current way the game works. There just aren't any good delivery points for rigids at the moment.
Log trucks as well, like Deezle's mod.

[ external image ]
flight50

#29935 Post by flight50 » 03 Jun 2023 04:24

SuchManor wrote: 03 Jun 2023 02:31 As of the current game, the only rigids there I could see having a place is fuel and maybe dump. I cant think of anything else that would be of any use with the current way the game works. There just aren't any good delivery points for rigids at the moment.
Actually flatbeds have more depots than fuel and dumpers. Everywhere the current flatbeds go, a rigid on can go. The only one that wouldn't have a lot is the moving setup. But flatbed rigid is not much different than double 28' foot flatbeds.
xXCARL1992Xx

#29936 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 03 Jun 2023 06:52

JoeAlex23 wrote: 03 Jun 2023 02:44
Not really, the way i see it with swap bodies is, take a normal semi-truck with a fifth wheel and just attach a big box to said fifth wheel with no wheels, the truck will only carry said box empty or with whatever you put inside that box like any other trailer and you can easily remove it, same logic for swap bodies, is like a trailer that has no wheels and to attach it to the truck is basically the same procedure as to attach a regular trailer (lower suspension, drive under the box, raise suspension to lift the box of the ground and raise the legs), then you carry the box empty or with something inside the box like a regular trailer and you can detach the box whenever you want like a regular trailer, the truck itself is not taking a cargo on it's own, it's hauling a box, but i'm just talking about the truck itself, for the swap body trailer is a different thing and that's where it could get complicated for SCS.

For rigids the truck itself needs to carry a cargo without attaching anything to it, the "box" is a part of the truck and you can't remove it, at least that's how i see it.

Edit: while i was writing that i remembered this, someone already proved a swap body is possible in game but only with the truck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAByxSg3f5E
that video doesnt really prove anything, because the moment he drives the box will turn like a normal trailer, Swap Bodies require more work, it isnt just placing a box on a truck, the whole process of detaching both boxes (if you have a trailer also) has to be written to detach them from truck and trailer chassis, while a normal rigid with a fixed body just needs the ability to load the truck and thats it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
JoeAlex23

#29937 Post by JoeAlex23 » 03 Jun 2023 07:09

Oh i know is not that simple, i was just simplifying the process with some basic logic to separate rigids from swap bodies which would require their own processes to be implemented, the video was more to "showcase" the point, there is a good reason why the truck didn't move with the box attached :lol:

But anyways, whatever SCS decides to do will be a very welcomed addition, but i personally want rigids more than anything else to finally have dedicated car haulers at some point, that's all i want.
Vinnie Terranova

#29938 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 03 Jun 2023 07:18

Well, take for instance a rigid car hauler. The only way to make this interesting is if we can load and unload this rigid car hauler by driving the cars by ourselfes onto and off this car hauler, by raising and lowering the upper deck (or whatever this is called), etc.

But the cargo system we now have only allows us to press <ENTER> and then the cars magically become visible on the car hauler, and if we want to unload the car hauler, we again press <ENTER> and then the cars magically becomes invisible. Now, what's the fun of that? It is so utterly unrealistic...
Last edited by Vinnie Terranova on 03 Jun 2023 07:30, edited 1 time in total.
Optional Features

#29939 Post by Optional Features » 03 Jun 2023 07:26

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 03 Jun 2023 07:18 Well, take for instance a rigid car hauler. The only way to make this interesting is if we can load and unload this rigid car hauler by driving the cars onto and off this car hauler, by raising and lowering the upper deck (or whatever this is called), etc.

But the cargo system we now have only allows us to press <ENTER> and then the cars magically become visible on the car hauler, and if we want to unload the car hauler, we again press <ENTER> and then the cars magically becomes invisible. Now, what's the fun of that? It is so utterly unrealistic...
Yeah, it's one of the reasons an ownable car hauler is pointless imo. There is perhaps no part of trucking more hands on than car hauling, everything from loading and unloading to adjusting decks and ensuring proper clearances. But with our current all cargo is identical freight system, it would be nearly the opposite experience.

We're not really hauling cars in ATS: we're hauling 3d blocks shaped like cars. If we were hauling actual cars, they'd move independently of the truck if we hit a big bump.

While I would probably prefer an interactive lowbed, a solid car hauler set would be hard to put down if it had function and a proper network of pickups and deliveries.
JoeAlex23

#29940 Post by JoeAlex23 » 03 Jun 2023 07:45

And here we go again...

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”