Using toggle switches for engine brake

cwat89

Using toggle switches for engine brake

#1 Post by cwat89 » 03 Jun 2023 12:49

Is it possible to change something in the controls.sii file to make the game recognize and correctly utilize an on-off toggle switch? I built a custom button box in addition to my ASP box and the switch I am using is a on-off rocker switch. I did not know when I bought it that the game has to see a cycle of the switch to work right. I am using Joy to Key to make it work correctly but would much rather not have another program running in the background for this to work right. I had some people in an ATS group on Facespace recommend an on-on switch but I can not find that in the style I want. I found an on-off-on switch but not sure if it's going to work right either.

I'm not afraid to alter code. I have a controls.sii backup in case something goes wrong.

Also, while I'm thinking about it... is there a way to separate the light mode function to use 2 separate toggles for ACC lights and Headlights? I have a workaround at the moment which is to just shut both toggles off at the same time to keep it from constantly switching back and forth as to which switch is up or down.

Return to “Help center - player to player”