Wishlists Megathread

DarkWolf904

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4531 Post by DarkWolf904 » 21 May 2023 09:52

Well, we already have a LOT of really good older truck mods thanks to the community, but it would be nice to see SCS release some official older truck models of their own.

Would be interested to see SCS drop a Scania 142 / 143 someday.
IaeAaEia

#4532 Post by IaeAaEia » 04 Jun 2023 21:59

I'd like to make three more suggestions:

GARAGE MANAGER - Add the state or the acronym of the state next to the city name in Table View (ie, "Tucson/AZ"). Maybe the possibility of sorting by state, but just adding the acronym would already be a big deal. Maybe I'm not doing it the best way, but when I am relocating trucks and drivers, I have a little trouble remembering in what state a less known city is located. The more maps you have the harder it gets, especially if you're not American (my case).

POLICE - Whenever a police patrol car catches us speeding, make the car try to move ahead of us and force us to pull over. Once we are pulled over, make we lose some minutes, like, 15 minutes. If that happens on a road where it's difficult for the car to get ahead, keep it following us until we pull over and the police car can overcome us and stop in front. If that doesn't happen until we get the company, I'm not sure, maybe just make the police car just go their way away.

TIME - Make we "lose" considerable time whenever we stop to fix the truck or change parts, and also make we "lose" time whenever we do a quick travel.

Thank you.
Ludo Diabolo

#4533 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 05 Jun 2023 08:54

can we hope one day to see the arrival of automatic lights like for windscreen wipers ? To pass tunnels and avoid problems when you have to switch on the lights at 8pm when it's still light out lol
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
Bandit & The Snowman

#4534 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 05 Jun 2023 12:45

@IaeAaEia AFAIK in America police cars make you stop by acoustical and optical signals, they would only overtake if you didn’t stop. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
AntonioMart

#4535 Post by AntonioMart » 05 Jun 2023 13:41

I would like to see such rims with oval holes:
AlcoaPeterbilt22.5stud-883160Steer.jpg
AlcoaPeterbilt22.5stud-883160Steer.jpg (14 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
AlcoaPeterbilt22.5stud-883160Drive.jpg
AlcoaPeterbilt22.5stud-883160Drive.jpg (14.42 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
flight50

#4536 Post by flight50 » 05 Jun 2023 13:53

Bandit & The Snowman wrote: 05 Jun 2023 12:45 @IaeAaEia AFAIK in America police cars make you stop by acoustical and optical signals, they would only overtake if you didn’t stop. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
That's pretty accurate. They rarely get in front of you to stop you. They might if the speed is low and sense you're not a high speed chase. They tail you majority of the time. Best case is we ever got interactive first responders in the game, the long you take to pull over, it increases the chance of a second car joining. Maybe they'd box you in.

Problem there is most people will turn it into GTA and ram tge cops out the way. There's no way to fail the game so it's not like game over or we suffer.
GT182

#4537 Post by GT182 » 05 Jun 2023 20:47

I run with the lights on during the day, as many do. Kind of like daytime driving lights mandatory on cars today. I do it even with my Jeep GC.

As for garages, I still say we need to be able to do upgrades and repairs in all of our owned garages... as in real life. There is one, or was one at one time, in C2C. If I knew how to do it I'd make a mod for all owned garages. Repair shops are only needed if you have a "breakdown" and can't get to one of your garages... as in real life.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
tacothekid

Re: Wishlists Megathread : Entertainment Trucking

#4538 Post by tacothekid » 26 Jun 2023 08:29

Mookstar wrote: 04 Feb 2023 21:59 Throwing this idea out there to my fellow ATS/ETS Drivers and SCS Developers

I work in the Entertainment industry for 20yrs now traveling all over the U.S. and Europe and South America as a Roadie. and I work for one of the top 5 Entertainment Lighting / Trucking Companies in the U.S

I feel both ATS and ETS Simulators would benefit from including this. I know myself and others would be interested in this type of gameplay :

- Theatres, Amphitheatres, Arenas, Stadiums and Movie Studios destinations that exist in these states and Countries
- Loads that would be delivered for/to these events from Rental Vendors (PRG, VER, Clair Bros, Upstaging, Neg Earth, etc)

- Can create Convoys for :
- Rock Tours (Metallica, Rolling Stones, etc..) where you go the entire 30 show/city tour
- Sporting events: NFL, BaseBall, etc...
- TV Events : WWE, Grammys, Oscars, etc..)

Venue examples:

Bill Graham Theatre (San Francisco) - Trucks Load/Unload on street
Forum Arena ( Los Angelas)- Steep Grade Ramp to docks underneath Arena
Madison Square Garden (New York)- Load/ Unload on busy New York Street
Soldier Field (Chicago) Load/ Unload on field or street
O2 Arena (London)- Docks
The Globe (Stockholm)- Docks

Load examples:

Lighting gear: (Lights, Truss, Cable, etc)
Audio Gear: (Audio Speakers, Cable, etc)
Staging: ( stage decks, etc)
Pyrotechnics:( Flame units, explosives, etc)
Band Gear : ( guitars, Drums, etc)
Stadium : (Stage Roofs, supports, water ballasts, Scaffolding, and Large Trussing)

SCS Developers : Any interest, questions or further information needed please feel free to contact me
I would love to see this implemented, especially that part about WWE. Is there any mod that allows me to haul the ring/stages, while we're at it? Also, can we get Kenny Omega as a passenger?
luukf8

#4539 Post by luukf8 » 26 Jun 2023 11:23

I have an idea to make the options screen (especially gameplay & keys/buttons) more clear.
Sometimes it's hard to see which tickbox belongs to which option. So it would be nice to see a highlight when your mouse hovers a row, a bit like in file explorer in Windows.
It's a small and simple change, but I think it would be really helpful.
Ludo Diabolo

#4540 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 27 Jun 2023 18:31

All in all, I'm always happy with what SCS brings to the table, no matter how small or trivial it may be. The sliders have nothing to do with the gameplay, but they've made it a lot easier to set up my profiles and play, All that's missing are a few little info bubbles that pop up when you click on a slider or option to explain what it does in the game and what effect or impact it has, as for suspension, it would be nice to say that the closer the slider is to 0%, the softer the suspension and what effect it has on the truck.

But I'm sure we're not getting there yet, there's still some useful information missing about trucks, their settings, their chassies, what effect they have or don't have, because for truck novices it must be difficult to drive with a truck that makes sense and meets the right standards, for EU trucks I know, but USA trucks, help me out, I'm able to put on a day cab while I'm doing the decouche with a chassie that's not at all adapted lol .
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”