SCS General Discussion Thread

McFly

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#30021 Post by McFly » 05 Jun 2023 22:13

Some newbie driver wrote: 05 Jun 2023 17:55 They said they considered the possibility to include explanations of what's seen on cut scenes when they introduce them but so far they had not done that change.
This reminds me of the historic markers in Texas. There are a lot of them explaining various locations. They are great because they integrate into the game world seemlessly but at the same time they are very easy to miss and again not marked on the map in any way.

I'm a bit torn on this. On one hand it would be great to have locations and landmarks properly marked on the map, even in a simplyfied way. On the other hand this could easily clutter the map; Texas alone has over 50 of the historic markers alone, not even counting the other landmarks. it would look like a mess on the ingame map.
My World of Trucks Page

English is not my first language, just trying my best.
Some newbie driver

#30022 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 Jun 2023 22:20

Luckily they added some updates ago check boxes for what has to be seen on the map at any different scale. So, there should be no problem to add any kind of markers as we can decide what to search for at any moment.

Regards
oldmanclippy

#30023 Post by oldmanclippy » 06 Jun 2023 13:41

It would be nice to mark the photo trophies and viewpoints on the more zoomed in levels of map zoom.

Trying to mark the course of a river would be impractical in most cases and impossible in some. If two roads cross the same river they often don't do it at the "correct" place due to 1:20, so the courses of rivers etc would look incoherent on a map. But yeah small icons for Lake Tahoe, Mount St Helens, The Grand Canyon, etc would be neat.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
JaDaKa

#30024 Post by JaDaKa » 06 Jun 2023 14:31

Might taking it too far.. What if the template of the mag changed?

The new one would like an older style map made of paper (in that beige/cream colour) with these lakes, mountains icons drawn on them.

Not detailed with shape etc. But being part of the background.. Of course they could be better artistically drawn and not like below but that's what my skills allow me to do. :roll:

[ external image ]

Another version would be a more artistic one with drawn details in a 60's - 70's style.. For example a small drawing of a pair of bisons in Wyoming or sunflowers in Kansas..

Would like to explain it better or showcase it but I can't. I found out they call them "pictorial maps", something like this - not what I had in mind exactly but close to it.

[ external image ]

No text etc but make it a bit special with lakes, rivers etc drawn to better depict their shape..

As it would just be a template, I imagine it could be enabled or disabled so one could choose to have the current "classic ATS" background which is black with no further info on it.

Brainstorming - opinions/criticism very welcome.
Bandit & The Snowman

#30026 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 06 Jun 2023 15:18

Second trailer construction facility already. More to come? These truck manufacturers do have to catch up some!
muth canyon

#30027 Post by muth canyon » 06 Jun 2023 15:23

Absolutely. When is Munich and Berlin going to be reworked?
Davina

#30028 Post by Davina » 06 Jun 2023 15:39

Re the blog post: please correct the incorrect English of "wouldn't of" to "wouldn't have".
JaDaKa

#30029 Post by JaDaKa » 06 Jun 2023 15:43

Alex tsk tsk tsk
Aziz

#30030 Post by Aziz » 06 Jun 2023 15:56

Off to a great start, even if I don't own feldbinder dlc, that's ETS2 news so no table flipping this week.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”