July
58%
August
34%

Total votes: 67

flight50

Re: Approximate Release Date of Oklahoma

#11 Post by flight50 » 05 Jun 2023 21:56

Oklahoma does have the best chances for being the first SCS map of the year. I put it at 90% chance and WB at 10%.

@JulioMasterBR Texas 2.0 is all the Northeast Texas stuff that did not make the Texas 1.0 release in 2022. Its an update to the Texas dlc that will be free of charge. We need Texas 2.0 so that Oklahoma can connect to it. Texas 2.0 and Oklahoma extension roads are not the same thing. There is wayyyy to much of Texas 2.0 to be part of Oklahoma. If you search user name Spooks in the Oklahoma thread, you will see in the spoiler alert (black out box) what Texas 2.0 is from looking at the map editor. Its quite a bit of work actually. It finishes off Dallas and gets us more of I-30 and US-82 with a few more scenic towns in the mix.
Sora

#12 Post by Sora » 06 Jun 2023 03:19

VTXcnME wrote: 05 Jun 2023 16:52 Of course it will.... thats the next DLC. What a foolish way to say the most obvious thing ever.
In their defense, assuming they're an ETS2 player as stated, they're likely considering West Balkans and not just Kansas. Honestly that might even be their primary intent here.

While I'm still fairly comfortable saying that Oklahoma will release before the Balkans, weirder things have happened, and SCS definitely has incentive to get WB out ASAP considering how long ago ETS2's second-to-last map DLC was relative to the two huge maps ATS got last year.
flight50

#13 Post by flight50 » 06 Jun 2023 10:57

Yeah earlier this year, I was thinking WB for the exact reason you mention above. Oklahoma releasing first, there's another time period we'll have to endure SCS favors ATS and all the other words that will come along. No HoR definitely didn't help at all. ETS2 maps are just huge. Texas took 3.5 years and by no means could that be a 12 month dlc. I don't recall any ETS2 map taking 2+ years since I bought in Dec of 2016. ETS2 maps are pretty close to Texas size and every release is loaded with content.

ATS, outside of Texas, the states are smaller than one ETS2 dlc. Not to mention how split up the ATS team is. Oklahoma being the smallest since Washington, shouldn't need 12+ months. Kansas.....shouldn't need 12+ months. For the most part, excluding Texas, all dlc's for ATS have been inside 12 months of full production map design. I don't see any future states coming exceeding 12 months either. As individual states that is.
VTXcnME

#14 Post by VTXcnME » 06 Jun 2023 14:04

Sora wrote: 06 Jun 2023 03:19
VTXcnME wrote: 05 Jun 2023 16:52 Of course it will.... thats the next DLC. What a foolish way to say the most obvious thing ever.
In their defense, assuming they're an ETS2 player as stated, they're likely considering West Balkans and not just Kansas. Honestly that might even be their primary intent here.

While I'm still fairly comfortable saying that Oklahoma will release before the Balkans, weirder things have happened, and SCS definitely has incentive to get WB out ASAP considering how long ago ETS2's second-to-last map DLC was relative to the two huge maps ATS got last year.
I suppose that's possible.

That said, this is the ATS side of the forum... and ETS2 DLC's don't really matter in an ATS world. :lol:

@flight50 From a seat of the pants feeling (just from memory, not from official dates listed somwhere) it feels like most state DLC's are about 9 to 11 months from announcement to release. Oklahoma should be well short of the standard as it's a bit smaller (Montana was done in 10 months... Oklahoma should be faster than that).
flight50

#15 Post by flight50 » 07 Jun 2023 04:31

Wyoming is the one that was 10 months since announced. It was teased November 24th 2020. It was released September 7th, 2021.

Montana was introduced November 17, 2021. Montana was released August 4th, 2022. This makes it 9 months since announced. But considering this too was Davido's team, if they released Wyoming in September of 2021 and they announced Montana in November of 2021, it took 2 months to go full production. I'm sure some of the Wyoming team went to start up Montana though.

Oklahoma was introduced November 23, 2022. So if they released Montana in August of 2022, you'd think that was the start of Oklahoma full production. But it wasn't. That's the year Pavel mentioned all the ATS team got pulled to Texas to also get it out that year as well. So if Texas released November of 2022, its probably around that time when people got released to go work elsewhere like Oklahoma and Kansas.

So for a conversative approach, we could say Oklahoma went full production in November. Although Oklahoma is smaller and more flat lands than Washington.......its also a state that could be just as dense as Washington which you push Oklahoma off its June mark for sure. If Oklahoma was announced in November and we count 10 more months that puts us on the Montana pace for another August release to make it 10 months which is 2 more months out. If July, we can shave off a month. If this holds true, I'd gladly wait for phase 3 California to use 2 more months to also come for 1.48. There's no big rush. We all know SCS is typically more back of year heavy than front of year but I think phase 3 with 1.48 would put ATS on fire for 2023.
VTXcnME

#16 Post by VTXcnME » 07 Jun 2023 11:45

I'm hoping now that the teams have split from Texas that we start seeing more states a year. Dakota column aside the states to the east are smaller. Yes they are more dense, but SIGNIFICANTLY smaller. And there's only so much they can fit at 1:20 scale, so that density has a maximum cap.

Once SCS is thru the Dakota column, I'm hoping to see 4 states a year, bundled as 2 combined DLCs. We start seeing the Minnesota/Wisconsin's and Iowa/Illinois bundles. Or whatever they pick for states, just those as an examples. That would move them to 4 states released a year, and that would be sufficient I think to push the map forward faster. Now the remaining 34 states (again post Dakota column) paired up make for 17 more DLC's (and honestly New England will likely be its own entirely, so a 5 state bundle given it's small size comparatively) means maybe 13-ish remaining DLC's. I figure Delaware/Maryland/New Jersey could easily be bundled as one DLC given the small size of all three states. That would keep the 5 pack from creating an odd man out, so to speak.

Anyway 2 DLC's per year bundling 2 states, still gives SCS the better part of 6 (almost 7) years to finish the remaining map. That's a long time to be pushing DLC.
hangman005

#17 Post by hangman005 » 07 Jun 2023 14:32

Does Sooner qualify as a date?

I am forever disappointed in SCS in not having that listed for release. :lol:
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
MarkON

#18 Post by MarkON » 07 Jun 2023 14:37

Adriatic Sea Team wrote: 05 Jun 2023 09:56 I'm not an ATS player but I'm curious to see what the community thinks about the release of Oklahoma.
In my opinion August.
Adriatic Sea Team

#19 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 07 Jun 2023 15:33

@MarkON Yeah, most probably the first week of August.
Brendan0620

#20 Post by Brendan0620 » 13 Jun 2023 01:36

I'm thinking that since 1.48 isn't really getting blogged about too much (except for German city rework blogs) and the fact that 1.48 hasn't come out yet (probably in testing now). Oklahoma, in my opinion, is probably slated for a late July release, one thing is for sure, it will definitely come out before West Balkans and I would be very surprised if it didn't. I'm thinking in the next 2-3 weeks that 1.48 will be in OB, I would be shocked if it didn't get in OB by the end of this month.
[ external image ]
Intel Core i7 13700F -> MSI GeForce RTX 4060TI 16GB -> 32GB RAM -> Y40 Case
What is your Favorite Interstate in American Truck Simulator?

Return to “General discussion about the game”