German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

Which German cities should be reworked next? (Pick 4)

Berlin
18%
Bremen
13%
Dresden
8%
Kassel
8%
Leipzig
6%
Magdeburg
4%
Mannheim
12%
München
21%
Osnabrück
9%

Total votes: 518

MACX8

Re: German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

#481 Post by MACX8 » 06 Jun 2023 23:26

my guess is if Winsen not marked city and only a part of humbug why did SCS not type it in a blog like ( Germany Rework: Hamburg + Feldbinder Factory )
why em type ( Germany Rework: Winsen + Feldbinder Factory ) SCS does not mention anything about Hamburg as a subsequent city rework except in this (Welcome to Winsen, a charming town located southeast of Hamburg,) I think this say to explain where Winsen is
I use ( Google Translate ) For translation to English
SCANIA-S best Truck ever in a Both game
Bandit & The Snowman

#482 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 07 Jun 2023 00:54

With Werlte, the Krone plant got a marked city too, so why shouldn’t Feldbinder get Winsen?
Last edited by Bandit & The Snowman on 07 Jun 2023 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
JoeAlex23

#483 Post by JoeAlex23 » 07 Jun 2023 01:08

Yeah, Winsen will most likely be marked like Werlte is for the Krone factory.
velles

#484 Post by velles » 07 Jun 2023 01:21

Except Werlte makes sense to be marked because nearest city is far away, Winsen is part of Hamburg metropolitan area.
Probably the only reason why it should be marked is that otherwise they couldn't make it a part of DLC
parasaurolophus67

#485 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 07 Jun 2023 01:24

Because it isn't far away doesn't make sense. Look at beyond the baltic sea dlc. Some of the cities in Estonia are pretty close.
oldmanclippy

#486 Post by oldmanclippy » 07 Jun 2023 01:26

Winsen will be marked because a) Wertle is marked, b) it's a DLC-only city, and c) it was name-checked in the blog as the featured city and Hamburg was only mentioned to give you an idea of where Winsen is.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
velles

#487 Post by velles » 07 Jun 2023 01:34

IMO which cities are marked is very inconsistent in ETS2 because some really insignificant cities are marked, while at the same time some of the larger cities that should be marked (like Ferrara in Italy) are part of another city economy.
If they really want to add such minor marked cities then they definitely should also add more larger cities in Germany, that are not present in the game like Saarbrucken, Bielefeld, Ulm, Cottbus, Chemnitz Mainz, etc.
Shiva

#488 Post by Shiva » 07 Jun 2023 02:03

HRTrucking wrote: 06 Jun 2023 19:41 @Shiva I don't see what's turned around when you come from the east. From Lüneburg I see the industry a bit on the left and not much on the right.

Coming from Hamburg today I could only see plants and green. So the photo / screenshot from SCS seems to be made going from Lüneburg towards Hamburg.
Exactly.
Only reason I see for that, is, space issues somewhere?
Unless, there has been a sun bug.
Evil_Jason wrote: 06 Jun 2023 17:45 When HAmburg will be reworked, I hope to be able to drive on the Kohlbrand-Bridge. There would be a great view over the hrbour area and also a good way to enter the harbour for 2 or 3 companies there
MG Mike wrote: 06 Jun 2023 20:31 And yes Winsen and A39 and the Maschener Cross rebuild are making only sense if Hamburg is also very soon added. Either with 1.48 or with 1.49
Would be great if it gets a similar roadnetworl as the ver.old Promods version, with the Elbbridges as alternativ to the tunnel , especially for ADR transport. But the Köhlbrandbridge and the Port area should also be open,.like we did at Euroadnet map. Sure it would be sad for our rebuild version, but SCS can catch some things from us like details like dense parked streets and some more companies there that matches the original companies there. For example the container terminals..hundrets of trucks are leaving Hamburg port, so this should be accessable. Also with the Zoll controlls at Waltershof cause that is all import stuff and so on

I would also appreciate the A252 splitting off from A1 and going over the Elb bridges into the city..

The roads along the Landing bays and passing the Elfie and the " Speicherstadt " would also be great as a landmark, but this would probably don't have enough space due to the small scale..
It seems that Köhlbrandbrücke still has about 11 years of life left.
There will be a tunnel replacing it. Building start, late 2026. And when it is finished, they will dismantle the bridge. That is estimated to take 2 years.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%B6hlbrandbr%C3%BCcke
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
MG Mike

#489 Post by MG Mike » 07 Jun 2023 11:31

Yes it is known to me..but as long as the bridge is there in real life it should also be from SCS ..the conversion to a tunnel can be changed as soon as the real counterpart is ready similar like the bridge at Genua

Same goes for Fehmarn, if SCS will ever do this lovely island and give us the so long missing connection to Danmark from Holstein, I would highly appreciate if they will do the Sundbridge and the ferry from Fehmarn to Rodbyhavn
There is also a tunnel in the works and also the Sundbridge will be added a tunnel for the A1 and the bridge remains for slow traffic, but that is scheduled to be ready earliest 2030 , so if SCS would ever do it , please stick to as it is right now..
EuRoadNet
Senior Tester and assistant Mapper
ninjawarrior1x3

#490 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 07 Jun 2023 15:43

oldmanclippy wrote: 07 Jun 2023 01:26 Winsen will be marked because a) Wertle is marked, b) it's a DLC-only city, and c) it was name-checked in the blog as the featured city and Hamburg was only mentioned to give you an idea of where Winsen is.
If Trieste and Koper will be separate marked cities (despite the cities being closer together, and Koper being smaller than Winsen), then so can Hamburg and Winsen. Although, personally I don't mind what SCS decides to do here.

Return to “General discussion about the game”