[REL] Daniels ATS Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
SerPounce

Re: [REL] Daniels ATS Random Events

#461 Post by SerPounce » 02 Jun 2023 13:36

Thank you all!
Yoko

#462 Post by Yoko » 02 Jun 2023 14:12

@danbywinby

With the 1.4.2 version, these error messages are now displayed.

Code: Select all

<ERROR> [journey_events_road_event_u] invalid data loaded <- layer_min_curve size does not match layer_cutscenes size
<ERROR> [journey_events_road_event_u] invalid data loaded <- layer_max_curve size does not match layer_cutscenes size
<ERROR> [journey_events_road_event_u] invalid data loaded <- layer_min_curve size does not match layer_cutscenes size
<ERROR> [journey_events_road_event_u] invalid data loaded <- layer_max_curve size does not match layer_cutscenes size
PS: The other error messages and warnings are from SCS, which have been occurring since April so with the release of 1.47 and are not from you or any other mod.
Attachments
game.log.txt
(179.5 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Last edited by Yoko on 05 Jun 2023 00:44, edited 1 time in total.
OS: Win10 | CPU: R9 5900x 3.70GHz - 4950GHz | MB: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio 8GB | RAM: 32GB (4x8GB)
SerPounce

#463 Post by SerPounce » 02 Jun 2023 15:13

@Yoko

Are these errors also SCS's?

00:18:41.822 : <ERROR> [traffic_vehicle_chain] Invalid vehicle type 'car_city'!
00:18:41.832 : <ERROR> [traffic_rule] Error initializing traffic rule from data (s_car_c_u)
00:18:41.832 : <ERROR> [traffic_vehicle_chain] Invalid vehicle type 'truck_city'!
00:18:41.832 : <ERROR> [traffic_rule] Error initializing traffic rule from data (s_truck_c_u)
00:18:41.832 : <ERROR> [traffic_vehicle_chain] Invalid vehicle type 'car_city'!

Game Log: https://rentry.co/q86hb (I couldn't manage to send full log for it exceeded limits both on Pastebin and Rentry)

I asked the author of the traffic mod I use, he said no - just as I suspected tbh. I don't have any other mod that might affect traffic rules.
Yoko

#464 Post by Yoko » 02 Jun 2023 15:55

@SerPounce Could be, but doesn't have to be. Do you perhaps have mods installed that could be related to this? Deactivate them and play. But since 1.47 there are more error messages and warnings than before but SCS has to take care of its Volvo partner first.
OS: Win10 | CPU: R9 5900x 3.70GHz - 4950GHz | MB: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio 8GB | RAM: 32GB (4x8GB)
SerPounce

#465 Post by SerPounce » 02 Jun 2023 16:12

@Yoko Hmm, I checked my mod list and I don't really have any other mods that change traffic rules besides that mod I use. I think these errors are rather recent, like you said with the release of 1.47. so we'll see. They don't cause crashes but stutters time to time. I thought I might ask you while speaking of errors. Thanks!
hotnano

#466 Post by hotnano » 03 Jun 2023 12:00

It's nice.thanks
Yoko

#467 Post by Yoko » 03 Jun 2023 13:41

@SerPounce
They don't cause crashes but stutters time to time.
That's why I think it's so important to fix all error messages and warnings. I absolutely do not understand when developers or modders say that this does not interfere with the game experience. But we can safely assume that @danbywinby will fix it soon.
trainguy_gaming

#468 Post by trainguy_gaming » 07 Jun 2023 23:51

Great mod, is there any way you could add more bumps and potholes throughout the cities, also add more bumps and potholes?
Attachments
Screenshot (1437).jpg
danbywinby

#469 Post by danbywinby » 08 Jun 2023 19:57

@trainguy_gaming that is something you can do yourself.

You will need to go into the below files:

def/world/journey_road_event.dwasphpatch.sii
def/world/journey_road_event.dwchannels.sii

And find the line with 'weight' and increase the value to however much you want.
SAMiV

#470 Post by SAMiV » 19 Jun 2023 13:32

Hello danbywinby!

I have one question about the asphalt patches in your mod, but first let me try to explain what i've been trying to do here with the help of your mod files.
First of all i would like to make a mod for myself which have just asphalt patches and manhole covers in the random events, so that i only get those events and nothing else.

- So far i have achieved this by taking out the vanilla events by making a new mod and modifying \def\world\journey_road_event.sii file and changing all the weight values to zero in that file.

- Next i thought to delete all the random event files from your mod except leaving the files for the asphalt patches and manhole cover events.

- Then i increased weight values for those two events, so that you get more asphalt patches and manhole covers on the road.

- Now i've been testing it out some in the game and i do get just more asphalt patches and occasional manhole covers as well, but now comes the question, which bothers me...

The Question:
Do these asphalt patches object files have collision on them in your mod, because i dont get any bump noises (anymore) when i run over them?
I might remember wrong, but i think they used to make a bump noise and also i was able to see the movement of truck when i ran over them.
Now when i run over manhole covers i get the correct bump noise and that's how i want the asphalt patches to react as well.

[Sorry for the long text, but anyways.... Thanks in advance for the help, and thanks for your awesome events mod!]

#################################################################################################################################
Got it sorted out today by myself!
I had to put back the files from the \model\railing folder. Now those asphalt patches makes a noise as they should when driving over them. Thanks! :)
#################################################################################################################################
Last edited by SAMiV on 20 Jun 2023 12:19, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Others”