LOVE FOR MANUAL GEARBOX

morawatz

LOVE FOR MANUAL GEARBOX

#1 Post by morawatz » 08 Jun 2023 05:59

It's 2023 and H-shifters in trucks are endangered species for quite some time now. I'd say it makes me almost sad seeing these marvelious beasts on roads one by one shading off manual gearboxes.
New trucks are all nice and powerful, with big comfy cabs... But, it looks to me that drivers are becoming irellevant behind dozens of automated systems, cameras, sensors, beeping sounds, automatic gearboxes, and that is kind of a problem for me.
Driving has become almost soulless, lacking human control and envolement. I see a special kind of beauty in older trucks in which drivers have to listen and feel the behavior of the truck, to sense the right moment to shift gear, to evaluate road conditions and adjust driving style. To become one with machine!
Nowdays, it seems like drivers are more like sheep keepers. Let the truck do it's own thing and just point it at the right direction. I'm all in for progress, but infinite progress can lead to bad things. It feels to me that to much safety can twist around and become a problem.
Anyway, that's how I feel it.
Do you guys prefer H-shifters or automatic transmissions?
Kiwimike7

Re: LOVE FOR MANUAL GEARBOX

#2 Post by Kiwimike7 » 08 Jun 2023 08:54

I still drive hshift in all of my trucks in both games. Do not want auto.
Mike (Kiwmike7)

[ external image ]
Obmir

Re: LOVE FOR MANUAL GEARBOX

#3 Post by Obmir » 15 Jun 2023 20:55

In ETS2 automatic and in ATS 18 speed manual, its so much fun to split the gears up and put the jakebrake on shifting back to high rpm

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”