Keybind to disable Rear Axle Steering on Trailers.

Vator

Keybind to disable Rear Axle Steering on Trailers.

#1 Post by Vator » 08 Jun 2023 13:47

As the title says, a feature that'd be nice to have would be the ability to disable steering on trailer axles while driving, the same way you can do that in real life.

Anyone who's been around trucks, or at least watched enough of real-life trucking content, at least in the EU, would've seen that drivers will disable trailer steering on the fly, depending on the situation, and usually always disable it while reversing.
Seeing how there are quite a few trailers in ETS2 that include trailer steering, low bed being one where it's utilized the most, I think it'd be a great addition and frankly long overdue one, to have that key bind which would keep the trailer wheels straight and make maneuvering a lot, and I mean A LOT easier.

If this has already been requested, I apologize, but I wasn't able to find it through the forum search.
alluke

Re: Keybind to disable Rear Axle Steering on Trailers.

#2 Post by alluke » 08 Jun 2023 14:15

Just automatically lock them straight when in reverse would be best solution
Vator

Re: Keybind to disable Rear Axle Steering on Trailers.

#3 Post by Vator » 09 Jun 2023 09:18

alluke wrote: 08 Jun 2023 14:15 Just automatically lock them straight when in reverse would be best solution
Yea that could work, but I'd also like the ability to fully lock them straight because we all know how Low bed trailer can swing out and make it very difficult in a tight corner.
I really dont see why this hasnt been implemented after all the complaints and requests for it.

Please devs, consider adding this feature!

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”