Just saw this.. Apparently you can get paid for this.

SqrlNuts

Just saw this.. Apparently you can get paid for this.

#1 Post by SqrlNuts » 09 Jun 2023 08:08

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/AmeriCor ... -MxcC0iDhR

They are hiring people to get kids interested in playing ATS.
:lol:
[ external image ]
SqrlNuts is SomeNordGuy on Steam, Youtube & World of Trucks
Skinning/Modding Since 1997
nater6540

Re: Just saw this.. Apparently you can get paid for this.

#2 Post by nater6540 » 12 Nov 2023 18:42

So like a beta tester? 🤔
SqrlNuts

#3 Post by SqrlNuts » 12 Nov 2023 19:50

nater6540 wrote: 12 Nov 2023 18:42 So like a beta tester? 🤔
nah.. teaching kids how to play ATS.
[ external image ]
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#4 Post by Mohegan13 » 16 Nov 2023 11:43

SqrlNuts wrote: 09 Jun 2023 08:08 https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/AmeriCor ... -MxcC0iDhR

Well having read it, that's not what they are doing at all. They are using ATS as a platform to get youths interested in driving commercial vehicles as a profession.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
SqrlNuts

#5 Post by SqrlNuts » 17 Nov 2023 07:50

Mohegan13 wrote: 16 Nov 2023 11:43
SqrlNuts wrote: 09 Jun 2023 08:08 https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/AmeriCor ... -MxcC0iDhR

Well having read it, that's not what they are doing at all. They are using ATS as a platform to get youths interested in driving commercial vehicles as a profession.
Yes, that's what I said.. but yes, they also show them how to play if they need assistance so yes you are right, they kind of do get paid to play.
[ external image ]
nater6540

#6 Post by nater6540 » 20 Nov 2023 20:41

SqrlNuts wrote: 12 Nov 2023 19:50
nater6540 wrote: 12 Nov 2023 18:42 So like a beta tester? 🤔
nah.. teaching kids how to play ATS.
Welp, that was not what I was expecting, but OK. 😐
Axel Slingerland

#7 Post by Axel Slingerland » 25 Nov 2023 19:37

SqrlNuts wrote: 17 Nov 2023 07:50 Yes, that's what I said.. but yes, they also show them how to play if they need assistance so yes you are right, they kind of do get paid to play.
AmeriCorps is a Public Service Agency of the US Government. They don't look at this training as playing a game. A better description would be to say that it is recruitment and training for the trucking industry.

In their own words...
AmeriCorps is the federal agency for national service and volunteerism. AmeriCorps provides opportunities for Americans of all backgrounds to serve their country, address the nation’s most pressing challenges, and improve lives and communities.
Not to mention, the "Mobile Simulator Van" they're talking about is or is something similar to a DriveSafety Driving Simulator, and if I had to guess about it, "American Truck Driving simulator" would be a truck version of something similar to that, and doesn't necessarily refer to "American Truck Simulator."

AmeriCorps brought a DriveSafety CDS-250 Driving Simulator to a job fair in Eureka a couple of years ago, and my first thought on seeing it is that it is very similar to an ETS2 setup with three monitors, but the software is more detailed as it is a training simulator, yet it was not quite as nice to look at as ETS2. And I assume since it is a educational simulator, it probably would cost a lot more...
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
SqrlNuts

#8 Post by SqrlNuts » 25 Nov 2023 20:51

Axel Slingerland wrote: 25 Nov 2023 19:37
SqrlNuts wrote: 17 Nov 2023 07:50 Yes, that's what I said.. but yes, they also show them how to play if they need assistance so yes you are right, they kind of do get paid to play.
AmeriCorps is a Public Service Agency of the US Government. They don't look at this training as playing a game. A better description would be to say that it is recruitment and training for the trucking industry.

In their own words...
AmeriCorps is the federal agency for national service and volunteerism. AmeriCorps provides opportunities for Americans of all backgrounds to serve their country, address the nation’s most pressing challenges, and improve lives and communities.
Not to mention, the "Mobile Simulator Van" they're talking about is or is something similar to a DriveSafety Driving Simulator, and if I had to guess about it, "American Truck Driving simulator" would be a truck version of something similar to that, and doesn't necessarily refer to "American Truck Simulator."

AmeriCorps brought a DriveSafety CDS-250 Driving Simulator to a job fair in Eureka a couple of years ago, and my first thought on seeing it is that it is very similar to an ETS2 setup with three monitors, but the software is more detailed as it is a training simulator, yet it was not quite as nice to look at as ETS2. And I assume since it is a educational simulator, it probably would cost a lot more...
Yes.. Yes... Yes..

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
apollos

#9 Post by apollos » 18 Dec 2023 22:14

There is more and more work that surprises me.

Mini Militia App Lock

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”