North Dakota
9%
Illinois
16%

Total votes: 523

VTXcnME

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#6701 Post by VTXcnME » 09 Jun 2023 10:17

oldmanclippy wrote: 08 Jun 2023 18:09 No one is claiming to KNOW what SCS has planned, we're just saying "this is the last word SCS said on it so it's all we can go off of at the moment". When new information comes up then we reevaluate. No one is gonna end up looking silly because no one is asserting they know SCS's plan independent of what SCS has said.
Bro, there were a lot of folks who KNEW that SCS was going to florida "FLORIDA OR BUST!". And when questioned, they'd dig in heels with how much the knew. There were *PAGES* of discussion/aggravation between folks (not the same folks, but pages of back and forth).

Now everyone *KNOWS* (and vehemently defend their knowledge) that SCS plans to go to Chicago and route 66.That's the current best guess, but that's not set in stone. But if anyone questions it...whoo boy, hold on to your hat. That's a paddlin'.

And we'll agree to disagree: yes folks will/do/and have looked silly when the direction changes. Particularly those who were so adamant there was no way SCS would change the direction/vision/plan. They've invested resources in research. They've laid the map frame for such and such... on and on. There was no way. To question the divine knowledge that some had was to be ignorant. Those guys? Yeah.... look like complete buffoons (because the right word used here would get me in trouble).

Another point (which is unpopular) is verbiage between the United States and our friends in Prague doesn't always translate 100%. I suspect SCS did EXACTLY what they intended with their "to the atlantic" mantra by hitting Texas, as technically the Gulf of Mexico is part of the Atlantic (though not a single person who lives here, near, or around that area would consider it "atlantic" as such). Maybe this is another possible translation misunderstanding with where they EXACTLY plan to go.

SCS can map wherever they'd like... I'd still just like to see them close up the existing part of the Dakota corridor to keep map semblance of order. Finish out the existing resources before moving east. But that idea is sometimes commented on as absolute blasphemy. After all, some here just know what SCS is gonna do.
Vinnie Terranova

#6702 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 09 Jun 2023 10:31

oldmanclippy wrote: 08 Jun 2023 18:09No one is claiming to KNOW what SCS has planned
Well, there actually is one guy... something with AP and 101...
flight50

#6703 Post by flight50 » 09 Jun 2023 11:26

I would’t say people nor SCS looks silly when course changes. On this forum, it’s all speculation from players. SCS has never announced more than 2 states at a time for ATS. If they gave us a list of the next 10 states and things change............then they just change. No big deal. The word speculation means nothing more than guesses. This forum is loaded with guesses and wishlist from the player’s perspective. Where does this speculation come from? The hints and clues we are given.

Is SCS not allowed to change course if they wish? Once they finish Route 66, they will need a new plan. That’s 9 states total if they filled in the next 2 columns completely. There is still a lots more states to go and still opportunity to change course. At some point, all states would need to be filled in regardless. I’m not sure why order matters when people are doing wishful thinking and speculation from clues. It’s been that way forever guessing what’s next.

I didn’t create this thread to insult people for guessing what’s next. I did it for fun as in wishlist what people want to arrive next. Post 1 explains this thread is for people to vote what they’d like to see next. Not what they think SCS will do next. Things evolved into far beyond the current clues given though. SCS not at fault for that. The CEO is the only person that gave his thought and we ran with it. There are more people at SCS than the CEO. More chances for course changes.

I don’t see anyone claiming to know what SCS is doing. People are providing wishlist and nothing more than guesses. I can’t say anyone looks silly for that. Even Montana came out before Texas. That wasn’t silly by SCS when Texas was announced first. Things change. For the nature of the ATS project in general, there’s lots of plan changes that can come at anytime.
VTXcnME

#6704 Post by VTXcnME » 09 Jun 2023 13:19

*deleted* pointlessly argumentative.
Last edited by VTXcnME on 09 Jun 2023 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
flight50

#6705 Post by flight50 » 09 Jun 2023 13:36

First off, I never put words in your mouth dude. I asked a question...are they not allowed to change. It had a question mark behind it. That is a question, that is not putting words in your mouth. Please reread the first sentence of the 2nd paragraph.

Again, what people put in here is not what people knew would come....it’s speculation. If anyone is putting words in a mouth, it’s you. If people ostracized...its their opinion which doesn’t hold any weight. Not sure why anyone would get insult others about the opinion on what THINK SCS will do. You’re blowing this all out of portion. Whatever plan SCS has, either buy or don’t iffy don’t like it.
oldmanclippy

#6706 Post by oldmanclippy » 09 Jun 2023 14:53

@VTXcnME You've provided no examples of this. Sorry but I just don't agree. People were reasonable in saying "well Pavel said Florida so that's the most likely course of action". And now people are reasonable in saying "well Pavel said Route 66 / Great Lakes so that's the most likely course of action". It would be baseless speculation to say now that they're still gunning for Florida, and it would have been baseless speculation to say back then that they would go for the Great Lakes instead. Because the only facts we have/had says/said otherwise. You saying that they might finish out the Dakotas first is speculation too but it's not baseless, as that's still in the general direction of the Great Lakes from the existing map. Me saying that they might do Arkansas first, same scenario. There's a difference between saying "I don't think they'll go for the Great Lakes because Pavel said they will go for Florida" and saying "I know for a fact they won't go for the Great Lakes because Pavel said they will go for Florida and that's not changing". Lots of people said the former and you haven't produced any examples of people saying the latter because I doubt they exist, and if they exist I'm sure the person saying it was clowned on at the time so who cares.

We're all just a bunch of nerds on a video game forum who have no clue what SCS is doing. Maybe Pavel already changed his mind back to the gunning for Florida strategy lol we wouldn't know would we.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
VTXcnME

#6707 Post by VTXcnME » 09 Jun 2023 16:25

@oldmanclippy Prove me right vs prove you wrong is absolutely wasting everyones time. And honestly, someone always has another reason excusing the answers/behavior anyway. I deleted my last reply as this is has taken an unproductively argumentative side tangent that serves no purpose in the rest of the thread.

My point continues to be that folks don't know any more than SCS lets on, and even that is subject to change. What folks *THINK* they know can change as quick as the wind depending on the thoughts that drive the hivemind at SCS that particular day. That was where this all went off the tracks though, so maybe I've touched an unintended nerve by presenting a perceived attack against the grand marshal SCS. It wasn't intended that way. Just anyone's thoughts are barely best guesses as only SCS knows what's next and that can change as fast as anything. For craps sake, @flight50 perfectly illustrated my point by saying SCS only builds out a couple states ahead... this "we'll hit Chicago" is just as likely as we're going to the bayou.... Or maybe they'll go back to Florida or bust... it can change on a dime at any point.

I say I hope something will happen... it's not a guess... it's a hope. But that's splitting hairs at that point. SCS will build what they build. We're all along for the ride.

Guess I didn't realize that the idea that 'SCS can change direction at the drop of a hat and everyone who so vehemently knows something and defends it would be wrong now' was such a surprise. Or secret.
JoeAlex23

#6708 Post by JoeAlex23 » 09 Jun 2023 17:32

I should stay out of this but i can't avoid it, you're taking things WAY out of context for some absurd reason, the only reason people speculate the "direction SCS is going" is because of what Pavel, the CEO of SCS, the man behind the curtain, said on a livestream, we base our speculations from that because he is the ONLY person directly from SCS with actual knowledge that give us some clues about what they might do next, whatever anyone else says is just white noise and anyone who comes here and acts with confidence thinking they really know what SCS is doing is full of BS, simple as that.

Also, the "change of direction" has happened only once from "Florida" to "The great lakes" and it's safe to assume (or speculate) that happened because someone (or various people) from the map teams "showed" Pavel a better way to move forward and keep the map in better shape and managed to convinced him of "change the direction" for the better, is not rocket science.
flight50

#6709 Post by flight50 » 09 Jun 2023 23:16

I wish we knew why the change of direction. Honestly I think Pavel may say something about it eventually in more detail eventually. IMHO, I think it’s the MidWest economy. There are more popular cities encountered to the Atlantic with I,40, I-70, I-80, I-90 than there are along I-10,
I-20 route. This is just a guess though. But what we do know is what Pavel said is basically he was convinced to change course.

Maybe he fills in the South after filling in Route 66. Maybe he shoots across to the Atlantic with I-70, I-80, I-90 then fill in South and South of those interstates. We really have no clue but we just toss out plans at random. We don’t hold any weight in what we say though.
GT182

#6710 Post by GT182 » 10 Jun 2023 01:06

What I said was only a suggestion. Other that... "I know nuthing!"

Tho I do wish Pavel looks into the forums once in a while to pick up on suggestions we all make. I know someone has because of my comments on airlines and the electrical cord from the truck to the trailer not being there back in the early stages of ATS. So don't say we have no weight for suggestions and comments. I know I'm not the only Ex trucker on here and hope other's comments are listened to by the "higher ups" at ATS too. I only wish I, and others from the forums, could meet with Pavel and any of the other ATS guys that come over to the States.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

Return to “General discussion about the game”