Engine upgrade and DX12 coming to ETS2 and ATS!

Avelium

Re: Engine upgrade and DX12 coming to ETS2 and ATS!

#411 Post by Avelium » 07 Jun 2023 17:03

Gentleman, is there any info about new flares effects that were displayed on latest Western Star sneak peak?
https://blog.scssoft.com/2023/06/time-t ... -haul.html
Do you think those effects along with volumetric fog (and lighting, if I'm not mistaken) will be both on dx11 and 12 or only on dx12?

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 07 Jun 2023 15:35 use of BC7 compressed textures is already possible since DX11 was introduced to the game
Yeah, I know engine can render BC7 textures, the problem for me personally is that my BC7 skyboxes are 1. displayed with incorrect gamut (like if they were lighten up and desaturated a bit) 2. crashing the game after playing for some time with this error:

Code: Select all

01:26:07.090 : <ERROR> d:\buildbot\slaves\win_slave\final_build_ats_147_windows_bin_steam_x64\build\prism\src\p3core\collections\arrays\arrays_base_impl.h(491): ??A?$array_t@_K@prism@@QEAAAEA_K_K@Z: Index outside array boundaries.
And when I switch to BC3 version of the same textures no such error occurs. I'll be happy to learn that this problem is on my side due to wrong save settings for example (I'm using Nvidia Texture Tools Exporter), but there is little info on this type of issue. :?

Sorry for offtopic.
Better Flares - ATS/ETS2
Better Raindrops - ATS/ETS2
Berniyh

#412 Post by Berniyh » 07 Jun 2023 17:21

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 07 Jun 2023 16:22 there is no native DX version of Linux, if Protons Supports it than it works, but OpenGL doesnt like the BC7 compression that works under Windows, it will just be a black texture
Yes, via Proton/DXVK. I run it like that, but of course I didn't have a good look at the clouds, because … why would I? :P
The differences (both visually and performance) between the OpenGL version and the DX11 version of the game is so huge nowadays that it just doesn't make sense to run the native version on Linux anymore.
taneorb wrote: 07 Jun 2023 16:53I mean yeah pretty much every sane person is just yelling at apple to just adopt vulkan, but you know what Apple are like with proprietary standards. Maybe in like 5 years they'll get their head out of their ass and support it, but I'll take the fact that they are supporting their own DX12 to Metal translation layer.
True, Apple really doesn't care about compatibility. We can see that right now in the EU with the discussions about Apple + USB-C, which Apple doesn't want to adopt because … well, no good reason actually.

In the end, though, it's the same with DX12 and Microsoft. ;)
And you have to at least admit that Apple did it first, out of the three newer APIs.
JD6

#413 Post by JD6 » 09 Jun 2023 16:52

Avelium wrote: 07 Jun 2023 17:03 Gentleman, is there any info about new flares effects that were displayed on latest Western Star sneak peak?
https://blog.scssoft.com/2023/06/time-t ... -haul.html
Do you think those effects along with volumetric fog (and lighting, if I'm not mistaken) will be both on dx11 and 12 or only on dx12?
Bro, I think that's just Photoshop.
Avelium

#414 Post by Avelium » 09 Jun 2023 18:37

JD6 wrote: 09 Jun 2023 16:52 Bro, I think that's just Photoshop.
Well, that won't surprise me, but I just want to believe :D
Better Flares - ATS/ETS2
Better Raindrops - ATS/ETS2
TheTiger

#415 Post by TheTiger » 09 Jun 2023 20:15

Chill. It's just about the power hood, that's all. The rest of that photo is just photoshop.
raskol

#416 Post by raskol » 12 Jun 2023 08:02

I think scs software will not delete directx 11 immediately, I think it will continue until the arizona remake project is finished, like dx11 why because there may be serious performance problems because not every computer is ultra because maybe they wrote the game engine with single / multi-core model, I think scs software may be two directx dx11 / dx12 scs software deleted directx 9, it was very old, but dx11 does not do this immediately, it does not delete it immediately, it continues the game with the dual model, it does not interfere much with the system requirements in the game scs software
I think both directx( dx11/dx12) models will continue

why would scs software delete dx11 immediately, it would be nonsense, it would be an imposition, it would be more diretcx 12 games for everyone, what will happen when the number of diretcx 12 games is passed immediately, big nothing, only scs software will lose players by doing this, the game will not interfere with the graphics of the game, then you will cry on this forum why there are no new graphics again, everything can be done in directx 11, game companies can do it, no one should look at directx 12 as a savior, maybe it will be bad, drop fps problems, then complaints may increase.

game companies do not look at directx12 as a savior directx 12 is passed because scs software is not able to improve graphics directx 11 can be done and can provide both plus when they switch to directx 12 they do not bring any features because the player cannot develop the money game engine for scs software they look at directx 12 as a savior there is a problem in scs software, either skyboxes are renewed, simple way lightning effect animation model make it they could not have added Because they don't want to deal with, they wouldn't Because they don't want to deal with them for actor your request What importance there is in the forum quality comment by the author they are deleting they are banning
Only toys money through the eyes looks scs software
flight50

#417 Post by flight50 » 12 Jun 2023 10:25

That is an extremely hard post to follow. I have never seen anyone so adamant on not advancing the game to newer tech that works with SCS’s game engine though. At some point, dx11 will not be supported anymore by Microsoft.
fratrac

#418 Post by fratrac » 12 Jun 2023 10:38

If the game engine improvements will make it capable of leveraging more of the available hardware, wouldn't the older/slower machines benefit from it too?
physics.scs --> "bristle_stiffness_longitudinal_factor: 5.0" for throttle/brake responsiveness
I overexplain always and only for fear of being unclear
taneorb

#419 Post by taneorb » 12 Jun 2023 15:06

Literally the oldest DX12 supported cards are the Radeon HD7000 series, those cards are literally 11 years old.

The impact on SCS dropping people who can't afford to buy any gpu at any time during 11 years is going to be non existent. No doubt if you couldn't afford to buy any gpu new or used in a 10 year lifespan you probably couldn't afford to buy any dlc either so why would scs care about you.

It's funny because most of these people who complain about people dropping support are also the same people who usually moan about graphical quality and compare it to AAA devs games where they can just throw infinte money at a problem.
xXCARL1992Xx

#420 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Jun 2023 15:29

this is jut gibberish he writes and should be ignored, SCS is also in search of people who know Vulkan, and the moment DX12 and Vulkan are in the game OpenGL and DX11 are dead
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”