Missouri DLC ideas

1948LJMack

Re: Missouri DLC ideas

#21 Post by 1948LJMack » 18 Mar 2023 21:33

Here are some really cool icons for the two truck repair centers. One in Joplin, have a model of Brian Martin standing there signaling the player to pull in and have Kevin Pickett be there ready to start work on the truck, and at the Scott City location, have a model of Ron Pratt there.
1948LJMack

#22 Post by 1948LJMack » 07 May 2023 01:31

We know that Branson is a very hot city because of it being like a 2nd Nashville. They do have a Walbert on Mo State route 76, but one other hot place that could be great for deliveries would be hotels. There is a hotel and Branson Landing in downton Branson. Branson Landing has 3 docks. One for Bass Pro, another for the mall and the third is for the Hilton Branson Landing. Branson Convention Center and Hilton Branson Convention Center has I think one or two docking areas. Small resorts such as The Roark may be one of the toughest places to get in an out with just about anything that is bigger than a passenger van. The only way you can get away with making a delivery there is by coming in on Veterans Blvd, enter the lot with the nose of your truck facing south, then back up while in the lot. And only deliveries for the place would mainly be paper products.
flight50

#23 Post by flight50 » 16 May 2023 19:42

Darthyoda714 wrote: 15 Sep 2022 19:35 Here is an interesting article I found just doing some googling about the underground storage facilities.
https://www.tenfourmagazine.com/2012/04 ... own-under/
I don't think I've been back to this thread since I posted those videos on the first page but thanks for posting this article. Imagine if we can get all of these underground facilities from all the states this article mentions. That is like having YS in each state but underground, lol. Missouri, Pennsylvania, New York, Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois all have underground. The best part is we don't have any of these states yet so they can be part of the economy from day one to make sure they make it. The mapper can completely use artistic ability here and make each one unique. Unless they can find a map of the maze or see trucker videos, they'd have to create blind. But these cold storages are a much needed industry for ATS for the frozen sector. Its a miss without it. These facilities give a boost to reefers and to reefer container trailers for export.
1948LJMack

#24 Post by 1948LJMack » 10 Jun 2023 02:03

In Cape Girardeau, Williams Street, Kingshighway, Broadway, and Southern Expressway may be the main roads. Walbert and Eddy's is in the Cape Girardeau Town Square which has access to it off of William Street on the south and Independence on the north. When I mention VIP Industries as being the largest sheltered workshop in the state of Missouri, and may one of the largest in the country, I am not sure what parody to give it, although it may be big enough to be classified as a corporation. One of the largest corporations to employ people with disabilities.
1948LJMack

#25 Post by 1948LJMack » 21 Jun 2023 01:19

Kirkwood has not one but two cardboard box companies. One is Shillington which is in Tree Court Industrial Park and the other is Arrow Box. The City of Kirkwood Recycling Depository has two entrances. The public entrance is off of Taylor Avenue but the truck entrance is off of Fillmore. I am not sure if they add it to the game but if I was to make a delivery of bales of cardboard to go to Arrow Box, from 44, I would exit 44 at Big Bend, I would head north on Holmes, and make a left onto Leffingwell. And the place is just before you get to Scott Avenue. From I-64 or 70, I would follow Lindbergh to Monroe, jog south to Clinton Avenue via Fillmore, and then north onto Leffingwell. Now to approach Shillington, you can get to it from I-270 or from MO State route 141 which is really great depending on which wah on 64 or 70 you are heading. And one of those routes would also serve as a backup for if you miss your exit. Now if First Student gets added to the game as a delivery destination for the school buses, there is a First Student depot that is also located just off Leffingwell. It is really located on Clark Avenue. I do want to warn you that the turn at Leffingwell at Clark may be a little tight if you are making a right hand turn off of Leffingwell onto Clark. The City of Kirkwood did fix it some.
1948LJMack

#26 Post by 1948LJMack » 07 Aug 2023 23:40

Ok now. I have seen someone doing a very splendid job for the entire state of Missouri on what routes would they like to see added to the game. We know that the interstates for sure. Missouri's state routes are pretty scenic. As a Kirkwood resident, what roads should SCS put into the game for the St. Louis area, Cape Girardeau, and Branson? Fenton, Missouri is home to not one, but two moving companies.
Darthyoda714

#27 Post by Darthyoda714 » 14 Aug 2023 02:13

As a Springfield, MO native I can't really comment on St Louis or Cape Girardeau area. For Branson US 65 is obviously a must, it's also the main route into Arkansas from Springfield. MO 265 could be a good option since it goes along Table Rock lake for a decent amount of time and goes over Table Rock Dam. Possibly MO 76 from US 65 and then to MO 265, which would eventually connect back into US 65. That 76 & 265 intersection is also where Silver Dollar City is, the fast growing theme park, which would be a cool addition to see and could honestly be a good one off industry, theme parks could get an assortment of interesting loads.

As far as state routes in that area that is bit difficult since most of them have beautiful scenery but wouldn't have a whole lot of purpose company or through traffic wise. Could be interesting to see some of the county routes going out on the lake peninsulas to deliver to construction sites of new lakefront homes or maybe boats to marinas. There is some logging operations out in the area south of US 60 east of Springfield before West Plains.

One state route out of Springfield that might be easily looked over if you don't know the area or don't do your research is how important MO 13 north out of Springfield is. It's really the main artery to KC from Springfield and is 4 lane highway most of the way minus a few stretches. You take MO 13 to Clinton, which turns into MO 7 and takes you to I-49 before all the KC suburbs. Mostly flat farmland along that route though, but there are some cool rock bluffs between Springfield and Bolivar.
Darthyoda714

#28 Post by Darthyoda714 » 14 Aug 2023 02:58

Darthyoda714 wrote: 14 Aug 2023 02:13
One state route out of Springfield that might be easily looked over if you don't know the area or don't do your research is how important MO 13 north out of Springfield is. It's really the main artery to KC from Springfield and is 4 lane highway most of the way minus a few stretches. You take MO 13 to Clinton, which turns into MO 7 and takes you to I-49 before all the KC suburbs. Mostly flat farmland along that route though, but there are some cool rock bluffs between Springfield and Bolivar.
Actually on second thought I rescind that MO 13 is flat farmland, definitely not flat, it's rolling hills like most of SW Missouri. Plenty of cattle farming since the rolling hills don't allow for tons of row crops. To me growing up in the Ozarks, the rolling hills are really what define the land out here. If they get those right it will feel very good, but if they don't and they make it much flatter than it should be than it will feel like the plains states when this area is not the great plains at all. Northern Missouri is, but Missouri is really two different kinds of topography separated by the Missouri River.
1948LJMack

#29 Post by 1948LJMack » 15 Aug 2023 15:03

Darthyoda714 wrote: 14 Aug 2023 02:13 As a Springfield, MO native I can't really comment on St Louis or Cape Girardeau area. For Branson US 65 is obviously a must, it's also the main route into Arkansas from Springfield. MO 265 could be a good option since it goes along Table Rock lake for a decent amount of time and goes over Table Rock Dam. Possibly MO 76 from US 65 and then to MO 265, which would eventually connect back into US 65. That 76 & 265 intersection is also where Silver Dollar City is, the fast growing theme park, which would be a cool addition to see and could honestly be a good one off industry, theme parks could get an assortment of interesting loads.

As far as state routes in that area that is bit difficult since most of them have beautiful scenery but wouldn't have a whole lot of purpose company or through traffic wise. Could be interesting to see some of the county routes going out on the lake peninsulas to deliver to construction sites of new lakefront homes or maybe boats to marinas. There is some logging operations out in the area south of US 60 east of Springfield before West Plains.

Indeed. Branson does have one very famous highway which is the old MO State route 76. The old route which is really W 76 Country Blvd. Once you cross 65 on W 76 Country Blvd., it's Theater and Restaurant City. From 1992 until 2016, I visited Branson just about every summer. There is a Walbert on W 76 Country Blvd., and there is a deliverable shopping center which is the Grand Country Village which has the Grand Country Buffet, a theater, several shops, a fun house, and a motel! Sadly, there is only one deliverable place that is in downtown Branson and that is Branson Landing. The Dolly Parton Stampede is the only other deliverable theater on the strip.
1948LJMack

Scaling St. Louis, and St. Louis subrbs

#30 Post by 1948LJMack » 30 Aug 2023 20:58

One of the reasons why I would like for the SCS management to make a tour of the office is that in the mapping department, viewers can learn how the maps on google are scaled down to fit onto a DLC. Now of course, Google maps also has a scale on the lower right hand corner of your screen. I am not sure what scale the SCS mapping department has Google maps set to, but according to one setting which would allow for many of the major roadways and the highways, in order for my PC screen to see only all of St. Louis, and to where it includes Villa Ridge, this is what is visabile. Now if someone sees this, I wonder what roads in St. Louis may be in the game? If you look closely, you would also see Dougherty Ferry Road, Lindemann, Geyer, and Big Bend. Although Dougherty Ferry Road in Kirkwood and Lindemann does prohibit trucks which I think is stupid.

Here is the St. Louis Area:
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.653068, ... ?entry=ttu

Here is where it shows Kirkwood in a little bit more detail:
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.5814094 ... ?entry=ttu

St. Louis County does have several industrial areas. Kirkwood has Tree Court Industrial Park, and the city also has a tiny one that is surrounded by Leffingwell, Elliot, and Clark. There is a factory just a block away from I-44 and Big Bend which is by the name of Dema engineering. There is also a school bus barn that is for First Student. If I was to make the delivery of new school buses, I would head east on 44, exit 44 at Big Bend, north on Holmes, left on Leffingwell, right on Clark and the bus barn would then b e straight ahead of me.

What I would like to see is where would they see a Walbert in the St. Louis area, rest stops, etc. And please draw the lines on what you think what roads and highways might make it into the game as far as the St. Louis area goes.

Return to “American Truck Simulator”