SCS General Discussion Thread

harishw8r

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#30201 Post by harishw8r » 10 Jun 2023 02:23

LincolnCFCruz wrote: 10 Jun 2023 02:14 Asking for an option to disable advertisements is extremist?
Definitely not, but saying statements like “Pavel sold SCS to Tencent,” or “Next they are going to add commercials between loading like 2K NBA games” definitely is.

Also, who said there’s not an option to disable dynamic billboards? It’s in the ’Online’ menu. It’s been there since the Texas compatibility update. Please don’t make a fool of yourself by overreacting.
LincolnCFCruz

#30202 Post by LincolnCFCruz » 10 Jun 2023 02:28

It's not that hard to understand sarcasm, Pavel said multiple times that he wouldn't sell the company and everybody knows it :lol: but I didn't know about the offline option, since there is no mention of it in SCS post.

@Optional Features I agree with it if they keep only with the trucking theme. The W900 AD is very nice, but the Schneider is a bit weird... It would be more interesting to have a pack of skins that we can use, or to have vehicles with the Schneider paintwork in traffic.
harishw8r

#30203 Post by harishw8r » 10 Jun 2023 02:35

They don’t blog/mention about everything they add in the game. We have dynamic depots in game but they hardly mentioned it in the blogs. The reason to blog this after months of addition was Schneider’s involvement. It’s nice to see, given how despite being a videogame, it feels like real life. Even a small feature like this could increase immersion. It’s not like they’re gonna add billboards in every street.

Wouldn’t mind if the companies pay SCS to do this. More money = more recruits who could potentially bring better stuff like seasons.
JoeAlex23

#30204 Post by JoeAlex23 » 10 Jun 2023 02:48

Some people on the wishlist thread: "SCS should incorporate some real life companies into the game to give it better real life immersion

SCS: "We have the opportunity to work with a real life trucking company for some subtle ads in game, we are sure our players will appreciate it."

The same people 2 seconds later: "OMG! SCS sold out!!!!! The game is ruined now!!!!"

Ain't that "#TheBestCommunityEver"? :)
LincolnCFCruz

#30205 Post by LincolnCFCruz » 10 Jun 2023 03:01

That's why having a statement about it being optional is important... Of course some people would like it, but others don't as you can see on twitter, right here on the forum and on several communication channels that SCS uses and thats normal, even more that the blog is not translated into different languages, any word out of context can cause problems as has been seen here on the forum countless times.

And of course most people liked it, It's no wonder that the most downloaded mods on steam refer to real companies.
Optional Features

#30206 Post by Optional Features » 10 Jun 2023 03:05

LincolnCFCruz wrote: 10 Jun 2023 02:28 @Optional Features I agree with it if they keep only with the trucking theme. The W900 AD is very nice, but the Schneider is a bit weird... It would be more interesting to have a pack of skins that we can use, or to have vehicles with the Schneider paintwork in traffic.
Yeah, that would be ideal. Or having some terminals in the map: those should be included anyways, but official ones would be cool as well.

Getting rid of all the doubles and reefer trailers for companies like Darwing and Kenworth would also be welcomed.
Grizzly

#30207 Post by Grizzly » 10 Jun 2023 04:11

LincolnCFCruz wrote: 10 Jun 2023 01:56 SCS Software locking threads about complaints and now they are adding advertisement without option to disable it... Pavel sold SCS to Tencent?
There is an option to disable it...
JaDaKa

#30208 Post by JaDaKa » 10 Jun 2023 06:55

To be fair having a real recruitment company in the game being advertised is a sign of how companies take SCS games seriously.

They do believe that they can influence the real world out there.

As long as there is no greediness, I think it only works in our favour as we want more and more companies and better/more accurate representation of their products and features.

Gameplay changes will come too in the future when game engine is upgraded.
pigbrother

#30209 Post by pigbrother » 10 Jun 2023 07:13

I don't care, this must be the least obtrusive form of advertising ever.

However, I have my doubts it will work because I cannot see how you could possibly collect the metrics the advertisers want (view, clicks - lol, etc). Most likely will be just a rare 1-on-1 agreement with some client who thinks it would be useful to be in game, like Schneider.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Qizmett

#30210 Post by Qizmett » 10 Jun 2023 07:16

I love how the same people that constantly complain for more realism lose their minds when there's a realistic billboard added. :roll: Never mind the fact they've been there since 1.47 launched and they didn't complain then. Or that there's been an option to disable them the whole time in the online settings.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”