AI VEHICLES or (Why do I Pay Fines when it's AI's fault)

taneorb

Re: AI VEHICLES or (Why do I Pay Fines when it's AI's fault)

#11 Post by taneorb » 25 May 2023 12:12

Yeah it's different depending on where you are which is annoying as sometimes you just can't remember how the AI is going to react. I usually don't have an issue in Spain as I always go for the telepas booths which are over to the right. Or most of them are on the right in spain.

I think Italy is a pain as like the toll booth lanes aren't all the same across the country.

I dunno if you drive directly in front of an AI car with enough time they will stop. But if the car is side by side the AI just goes 'sorry your 44 tonne truck and trailer just isn't there' and slams full speed into you.

This does also sometimes happen on motorway entrances also, but I think it's more of a Promods problem as it rarely happens in Vanilla areas of the map.
cmpt

#12 Post by cmpt » 26 May 2023 11:58

It's true that some mods will affect AI to go nuts. However, AI acts out of mind in vanila game too, and I hope SCS will continue to improve behavior of AI vehicles in order to bring it closer to real life experience which also includes unpredictable behavior. It's not easy at all, but SCS makes big money out of us and players deserve to see that money invested in important game improvments.
NorwegianGuy

#13 Post by NorwegianGuy » 05 Jun 2023 13:20

The system can recognize a collision. And if:collision=yes you'll get a fine. Very simple.

But to put blame into that is a very different thing. We call traffic AI but it's really bots and this game engine does not have the brains to compute blame.
skipper001

#14 Post by skipper001 » 10 Jun 2023 03:01

Well. I always say that There's no "I" in AI traffic when it comes to this game.. and I absolutely agree with you it is an issue and it needs to be FIXED
J.Random

#15 Post by J.Random » 10 Jun 2023 15:03

Of course there's "I" in "AI". Stands for "Idiot".
j7n

#16 Post by j7n » 11 Jun 2023 02:04

I don't have these problems on normal roads. An exception is toll booths in Poland, but there the rules have been set such as the right path has priority, so the car there would not be at fault. At other toll booths it is not always clear where the lane boundaries are becasue they are not marked.

I suspect that most these complaints are from modded roads.

If computer drivers were programmed to make a mistake every so often, then the police could decide with the knowledge of that.
cmpt

#17 Post by cmpt » 19 Jul 2023 09:37

J.Random wrote: 10 Jun 2023 15:03 Of course there's "I" in "AI". Stands for "Idiot".
Could not agree more :D

j7n wrote: 11 Jun 2023 02:04 I don't have these problems on normal roads. An exception is toll booths in Poland, but there the rules have been set such as the right path has priority, so the car there would not be at fault. At other toll booths it is not always clear where the lane boundaries are becasue they are not marked.

I suspect that most these complaints are from modded roads.

If computer drivers were programmed to make a mistake every so often, then the police could decide with the knowledge of that.
Haven't paid attention on which roads these errors are happening, but this what you've said makes sense to me.
Anyway, SCS could push a bit more of our money into making better "artifficial idiots"
:)

Return to “General discussion about the game”