SCS General Discussion Thread

JoeAlex23

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#30261 Post by JoeAlex23 » 10 Jun 2023 21:20

Sure...
Aziz

#30262 Post by Aziz » 10 Jun 2023 21:40

Legit question for those who are opposing, how are these any different from the fictional ads you pass by in the game?
Optional Features

#30263 Post by Optional Features » 10 Jun 2023 21:45

Aziz wrote: 10 Jun 2023 21:40 Legit question for those who are opposing, how are these any different from the fictional ads you pass by in the game?
The fictional billboards get almost no attention from the devs. No blog posts, no fanfare: they just exist.

These are being promoted as a big achievement, which I don't understand. It's concerning because it could become a focus of the game, especially if it is profitable.

But I wouldn't say I fully oppose.

I would support seeing more real companies in the game if they had an effect on the game. Add Estes or Fedex for example. Not a billboard, but a truck terminal that players could work out of.

My career mode thread talks about something like this, but uses Walbert as an example. A real company would be far better, and make the game more realistic.

We still don't have a single truck terminal in 12 states.
LincolnCFCruz

#30264 Post by LincolnCFCruz » 10 Jun 2023 21:54

Aziz wrote: 10 Jun 2023 21:40 Legit question for those who are opposing, how are these any different from the fictional ads you pass by in the game?
I don't have a problem with the billboards or ads, but my concern is how SCS is going to manage it in future... The blog post is very vague and could lead to confusion and I still have a few questions about it, like:

- They have plans to expand it? If yes, how?
- How the money is going to be used? (Focus on DLCs or map rework and etc...)
- If they want to expand it, how much will that affect new features development?
- Since SCS is trying to find more ways to monetize both games, will it just be a revenue advantage or could this lead to cheaper products / faster development?
- if they want more money, why advertisements would be the best decision to take?
- Is there any unit of measurement in relation to the monetary return per player? Are there plans for advertising-based telemetry?
- Why advertising instead of skins and events with direct community participation?
- Who is drawing the line so we don't see a 2K NBA situation all over again?
Aziz

#30265 Post by Aziz » 10 Jun 2023 22:03

LincolnCFCruz wrote: 10 Jun 2023 21:54 - They have plans to expand it? If yes, how?
- If they want to expand it, how much will that affect new features development?
- Why advertising instead of skins and events with direct community participation?
- by adding more pictures to the roster. It's that simple.
- since it's a private company, it's none of our business.
- it won't, why would it, as the next point shows.
- because it's easy and cheap to make. Skins snd events require a lot of time and effort to make.
LincolnCFCruz

#30266 Post by LincolnCFCruz » 10 Jun 2023 22:12

Aziz wrote: 10 Jun 2023 22:03
LincolnCFCruz wrote: 10 Jun 2023 21:54 - They have plans to expand it? If yes, how?
- by adding more pictures to the roster. It's that simple.
- since it's a private company, it's none of our business.
- it won't, why would it, as the next point shows.
- because it's easy and cheap to make. Skins snd events require a lot of time and effort to make.
I was talking about expanding it not just adding stuff into it, again I don't have problems with the billboards also everything you said is basically what you think and not an official statement...

nlg skins and events are probably cheaper than adding online caching and dealing with ad contracts

+ I am going to use Max signature in this topic:
"Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing."
Optional Features

#30267 Post by Optional Features » 10 Jun 2023 22:25

If SCS wanted to really make an impact with real trucking companies, they would improve the physics and interaction to the point where a real company could use some form of their product as initial training.

Things like the driving school could be implemented in such a way that someone who mastered the in-game school would master the real test.

The air braking system could be refined so that someone who drove with air brakes at max realism in the game would be accustomed to their performance in the real world.

Truck terminals could be designed in such a way that players that spent their time driving a yard truck in a virtual terminal would be ready to do the same thing irl.

Unfortunately, none of this is the case. When Waste Management wanted to create virtual truck training, they partnered with BeamNG instead of SCS. Why? Because BeamNG players can interact with their environments and experience realistic forces while SCS players can simply observe.

[ external image ]

https://beamng.tech/references/beamng-s ... anagement/

Ads don't have any effect on the game's overall realism: they are just further proof that these mega carriers are horribly desperate for drivers because they have created a working environment that few people, including life long truck nerds like me, would want to participate in.
xXCARL1992Xx

#30268 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 10 Jun 2023 22:46

why ? because BeamNG is a vehicle physics simulation engine and not a game for the mass to play after work or school :roll:

they even license it out for exactly this kind of situation, nobody would consider asking SCS to do this
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
LincolnCFCruz

#30269 Post by LincolnCFCruz » 10 Jun 2023 22:58

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 10 Jun 2023 22:46 why ? because BeamNG is a vehicle physics simulation engine and not a game for the mass to play after work or school :roll:

they even license it out for exactly this kind of situation, nobody would consider asking SCS to do this
Of course nobody would consider asking SCS to do this... Both games are locked and SCS is still in 2012.

Even Xplane that is way worse is used in different markets, P3D was used for years if not decades and FSX even more... Because companies could inject new flight models, better sceneries, integration with real avionics for testing and etc...

The fact that you can't run scripts without reverse engineering the game, slows down A LOT this type of usage.
JoeAlex23

#30270 Post by JoeAlex23 » 10 Jun 2023 23:00

Here we go again with the same "locked" BS...

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”