Flemming V BDF Tandem mods

hippo

Flemming V BDF Tandem mods

#1 Post by hippo » 19 Jan 2014 11:06

Could I suggest a Q&A thread for these mods, as you can go searching all over looking for the question you think of to see if anyone has asked it.

My question; do you activate one of these super mods you are creating per profile, or does activating all of them okay? I mean will activating all of them be problematic or not. I am not sure about the defs etc. and if they will cause problems.

Thank you.
Flemming V
Global moderator

Re: Flemming V BDF Tandem mods

#2 Post by Flemming V » 19 Jan 2014 11:10

You can activate them all at the same time, then the skin in the last will be on all trucks.
But you will not have any problems with it at all.
I am about to make a complete package as well. Just need to make the Cover pic. ;)

Good idea with this topic, thanks. ;)
ohaha

#3 Post by ohaha » 19 Jan 2014 11:10

They should work together.
The only issues might come with the skins, depending on which of the mods loads last.

I think it would be a good idea to have them all in a pack. Maybe Flemming V will consider taking some time away from his loved ones to make it.
Also, it would only include one trailer, because it fits them all.
Even more, if we're at it. I would love to have an exclusively tandem mod, where all jobs are for this type of truck, and only the AI have the regular semitrailers. :)

Darn, Flemming!!!
You fast! :D
Retired, but still loving it.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#4 Post by Flemming V » 19 Jan 2014 11:12

When I make a tanker tandem tailer and truck tank, then the rest will be replaced by tandem trailers as well.
Well, perhaps exect overload trailers.. ;)
hippo

#5 Post by hippo » 19 Jan 2014 11:13

:) Shall I go collect questions together from the other threads? I read a to do list in the Scania thread, and I asked about quick jobs with these trailers ( not working)

Just scanned the threads, not too much to pull together, maybe this thread for generic questions rather than specific ones to the truck thread.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#6 Post by Flemming V » 19 Jan 2014 11:33

There will never be quickjobs with my mods, because it will not work together.
No code in game will make sure that when we select tandem cargo, a BDF truck will be selected,
and when we select etc. overload cargo a stock truck will be selected.
At the moment there is issues with quickjobs, stock truck hauling a tandem trailer and so on, but I can't do anything about it.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#7 Post by Flemming V » 19 Jan 2014 11:45

Todo List: (This post will be updated)

Add 6X4 chassis to all tandems
Add more cabins or boxes to the chassis (Perhaps make them paintable)
Replace reflexes with better once
Make it possible to choose between coolerbox and tanks and more etc. (Then replace all tank trailers as well)
Fix the roof shading thing. (It's getting on my nerve)
Flemming V
Global moderator

#8 Post by Flemming V » 19 Jan 2014 14:35

How to edit skin:
To make your own skin to this mod you need a DDS editor (Edit .dds files) and WinRar (unpack/pack mod), other programs will also do it.

Unoack my mod to a temp directory

Load up your dds editor and make that load this dds file here: devil.dds from here: vehicle\trailer_eu\tandem\coolliner\textures\
Now you can change/edit your color skin for both coolerboxes, on the truck and on the trailer.
In the file is the sides and rear of coolerbox, there is also the boxes under the coolerbox. (See below)

Now save this DDS file after editing it, Use DXT5 and Interpolated Alpha, save it twice.
Save it these two places here: vehicle\trailer_eu\tandem\coolliner\textures\ and here: vehicle\truck\upgrade\cargo\tandem\textures\

Then load the profi_liner.dds file from vehicle\trailer_eu\tandem\coolliner\textures\ folder into the editor.
Edit that as well, this dds file does only contain the boxes under the coolerbox. After editing that save that twice as well.
Save it these two places here: vehicle\trailer_eu\tandem\coolliner\textures\ and remark the second place need it renamed,
as profi_line1.dds to vehicle\truck\upgrade\cargo\tandem\textures\.

NOW, pack the mod again into a SCS file. Use compression Store and save it as zip, then rename .zip to .scs, last step it not that important. (rename from zip to scs).

devil.dds look like this:

[ external image ]

profi_liner.dds and profi_line1.dds look like this:
[ external image ]

That should do it.. ;)
gregsxtreme

#9 Post by gregsxtreme » 19 Jan 2014 14:49

Awesome work Flemming! I am starting to rack up the miles on these trucks. One question I have, which may not be an easy one to answer. But I would love to change the wheels on the trailer to match my truck. This is may be may be a more general modding question but how can I go about doing this? Or if it is easier how can I change the material file to make the wheels chrome instead of steel and then change the tires? There is a link to my truck in my signature. I would like the same (or close to it) wheels that are on the rear of truck to be on the trailer.
i9 9900k/MSI MEG Z390 Ace/32GB RGB Ram/EVGA Hybrid 2080ti /WD SN750 /Corsair 680X, H100i, K95/AccuForce Pro V2 /HE Pro Pedals /Asus ROG Swift PG279Q /Derek Speare Black Max II
WOT Profile
Avid Sim Racer
Flemming V
Global moderator

#10 Post by Flemming V » 19 Jan 2014 15:00

It's easy to answer but proberly not easy to do UNLEES you know the name of your truck Wheel.
The Wheel you need to excange on the trailer with a Wheel from truck is just a dds file.

Trailer Wheel: vehicle\wheel\r_wheel\textures\rear_trailer_flv.dds (from my mod) should be replaced with a truck wheel from here: vehicle\truck\upgrade\wheel\front_xx.dds (Which you need to find in truck game files)

Copy and rename front_xx.dds to rear_trailer_flv.dds

Return to “Help center - player to player”