SCS Blender Tools

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: SCS Blender Tools

#3341 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 08 Dec 2023 10:54

but with doing it you overwrite the one from SCS and any other mod that is below yours, so if SCS updates them your mod overwrites it, and it could even cause a crash, there was one such moment few updates back, what we need is from SCS to give us a way to define our own without touching the default one
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
SqrlNuts

#3342 Post by SqrlNuts » 08 Dec 2023 10:56

Dotec wrote: 08 Dec 2023 10:22 That's right. But no mod should include that file. If you change that file, every truck or mod is affected.

For example the tank locator. I added it to the data.sii to change the location of the pin a bit. The actros 5 mod includes the truck_config_scene.sii and it doesn't have the tank locator defined. So what will happen with my pin? The location will jump to stock location and the tank pin is by default double sided and will be now only at the center
so.. if two mods add truck_config_scene.sii to the definitions library, and add the same exact pin name but different locations, then that can effect where the "doubled up def "pin is depending upon the load order of the mods.. that is what will define heiarchy. so the pin may move if there is overlap/conflict.
[ external image ]
SqrlNuts is SomeNordGuy on Steam, Youtube & World of Trucks
Skinning/Modding Since 1997, despite 15 year child shaped hiatus.
SqrlNuts

#3343 Post by SqrlNuts » 08 Dec 2023 11:00

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 08 Dec 2023 10:54 but with doing it you overwrite the one from SCS and any other mod that is below yours, so if SCS updates them your mod overwrites it, and it could even cause a crash, there was one such moment few updates back, what we need is from SCS to give us a way to define our own without touching the default one
then write a sui? to reference a def change/alternate? but that still only works by modifying the truck_config_scene.sii ...

this is why i brought up the idea about auxiliary pins for each base truck or even in the truck_config_scene.sii

one in the front, one at 0,0,0(home[old nomenclature]) one at 0,0.25,0, and one at the rear

this is getting way :offtopic:.. [ external image ] sry mods.
[ external image ]
Polaco

#3344 Post by Polaco » 08 Dec 2023 14:13

Ok, but for example, the accessory 'f_intake_cab' is not present in truck_config_scene, but when I add it to data.sii of my truck,it does allow to reposition the pin. So from my experience, even though the accessory isn't in truck_config_scene, as long as it is a default part, you should be able to override it by adding it to data file.

Though, accessories like 'f_logo' or 'f_intake_bar' are not present in truck_config_scene, and when I add them to data.sii, they are not recognized - or there's no effect when repositioning them. What could be happening?
Bulldozer 1973

#3345 Post by Bulldozer 1973 » 08 Dec 2023 15:34

@xXCARL1992Xx

No, we don't, we have joined forces with other modders and are expanding this file with the respective truck and trailer points. So that no conflicts can arise.

Even the SCS trucks will not change.
Greetings,
Harald

---
Sorry for my bad english, i from germany. I use Translators deepl.com / google.de
---
I will not distribute a modified mods without permission from the original creator / author!
SqrlNuts

#3346 Post by SqrlNuts » 10 Dec 2023 16:05

Bulldozer 1973 wrote: 08 Dec 2023 15:34 @xXCARL1992Xx

No, we don't, we have joined forces with other modders and are expanding this file with the respective truck and trailer points. So that no conflicts can arise.

Even the SCS trucks will not change.
but that's only for standalone mods. With their own set of pix files.

If SCS created Auxiliary Locator Pins within each of the native trucks for the game, creating those pins does not require extra storage space nor does it require that much additional coding(copy, pasta, name). If each native truck model came with 20, 50 or 99 auxiliary pins at home(0,0,0) then each mod developer could use any of those pins. The point of enhancing the system this way is the reduction of required updates by developers and reducing the overall number of CTD's which bring down overall user experience (mods or not). Because right now if you create your own locator for the native trucks you need to include a custom Pix fix which may or may not work in future updates(to which for that portion of the mod is standalone and the developer is forced to plagiarize the entire native model to make the modification stable for future updates).

If SCS would like to be known as Mod-friendly or Creator-friendly or Developer-friendly then this would be part of that path.
To make the native model files more of a modular, swappable and conducive to development.. almost like Legos and everybody loves Legos.
[ external image ]
55sixxx

#3347 Post by 55sixxx » 10 Dec 2023 21:07

step.jpg
How do I make the reflection look uniform through the whole mesh??? Everytime I use "Extrude" to remodel a mesh, it messes up the reflection like that and I have no idea how to make it look normal...
xXCARL1992Xx

#3348 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 10 Dec 2023 21:11

recalculate normales, weighted normals, use edge split for sharp corners (or mark sharp), and because you modified an SCS model, i assume, it already has custom normals that will be destroyed if you make changes in the area
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
55sixxx

#3349 Post by 55sixxx » 10 Dec 2023 21:14

And where would that be?? Because the mesh doesn't use normals

NVM, found it. Thanks!!
xXCARL1992Xx

#3350 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 10 Dec 2023 21:29

all mesh use normals, normals tell your computer in which direction your mesh is facing and how it should be rendered, recalculating normals is an option you can type after pressing F3 or Space to open the search, weighted normals are in the modifier tab on the right side (blue wrench icon), edge split the same, marking edges you can do by clicking on an edge then F3/space again and mark sharp, or right click and then mark sharp

geting it right with already applied custom normals isnt easy, you can either delete them and try yourself, or remodel it to your own liking without SCS custom work on it

another issue could be that the vertices are not merged to each other and so the software calculates 2 surfaces instead of one, this can be done by marking the edges/veticies and merging them with merge by distance (also F3/Space and just search for merge by distance)
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion”