Nebraska Discussion Thread

oldmanclippy

Re: Nebraska Discussion Thread

#1071 Post by oldmanclippy » 02 Apr 2024 17:24

Bedavd wrote: 02 Apr 2024 17:05 @oldmanclippy you think NE-61 is unlikely? I'm going back and forth on it atm. The photos of the Kingsley Dam show it's in at least a little north of Ogallala, as well as Hyannis and Merriman showing up as scenery towns indicate it continues north. But I can't really tell where it'll be heading, not even up into ND if they're trying to set that up. I'm leaning toward it being in and SCS just listening to us say "if you're gonna have detours, give us better alternate routes" hahah.
You know, I think I'll change it to yellow instead of pink. The main reason I had it in pink on that map is because the evidence is mainly circumstantial. We've gotten scenic town "chains" along roads that aren't accessible before, and it's not quite clear why we have that screenshot at the Kingsley Dam yet.

But, let's walk through the reasons why we'd have that snippet of road leading to that Kingsley Dam screenshot:

- a viewpoint, but that's a long way to go for just a viewpoint
- a remote depot, but I'm struggling to find a remote depot north of that point that is worthy enough to justify mapping all the way there
- N-61 being a through road, which now that you bring it up does seem somewhat likely given the inconsistencies with the other two scenarios

If they did bring N-61, then they might as well continue it across the border as SD-73 at least to US-18, and could even continue north of there eventually to ND-49, like you said maybe just for detours and better access to some remote depots. Just a casual I-80 to ND-200 connection :lol: I don't wanna get too greedy but the thought of that is certainly exciting.

If all the yellow and green roads on this map come, Nebraska is gonna be a new standard for road density. It'd practically be perfect. Heck even if some of those roads don't come it'll still be a new standard for wide-open states. My original prediction for Nebraska after Oklahoma released had maybe 2/3 as many roads. Nuts.

[ external image ]
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Bedavd

#1072 Post by Bedavd » 02 Apr 2024 17:44

Yeah! We'll see! I'm hopeful but without Ogallala marked I'm not going to be confident we see it in yet. I've started filling in some of the "no brainer" roads so I can have the map done faster once NE releases and that caused me to me have to really consider the route. I'm not filling it in until we get confirmation because it's annoying to have to delete a route I've already traced, but I think we'll see it, personally.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Hell_Raiser

#1073 Post by Hell_Raiser » 02 Apr 2024 19:53

Looking at that map, I am going to be a bit disappointed if we don't get that missing stretch of US-34 in Colorado with the Nebraska release. One, eastern Colorado has always been a little too empty. And two, it would greatly open up southern Nebraska and northern Kansas to westward travel.
oldmanclippy

#1074 Post by oldmanclippy » 02 Apr 2024 20:50

@Hell_Raiser Yeah it would be nice to at least have a Sterling to Wray connection (CO-61 to US-34), which I don't think would require nearly as much rework as connecting US-34 to I-76 would. But I wouldn't expect it at this stage.
Shiva

#1075 Post by Shiva » 03 Apr 2024 01:21

Yeah, that Sterling - Wray, route, would be nice.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#1076 Post by flight50 » 03 Apr 2024 03:15

Well per Trucker Mudgeon's Map, it looks like CO-61 is partially in already. They'd have to flatten out the road West of Bushnell, rework the CO-61 a bit to be more like the real CO-61. Do 1-2 curves perhaps and head straight South to meet US-34. That should all go to the Colorado dlc of course. Nebraska can pick up at US-385 in Wray.

US-34 to I-76 is definitely too much work. No need to make it harder than necessary when other options can work too. Sterling is a good connection considering that junction is already in place with a little bit built up around it already.

[ external image ]
oldmanclippy

#1077 Post by oldmanclippy » 03 Apr 2024 13:48

I would think that Sterling to Wray project would be perfect for newbie training but they haven't done something like that since Iberia's post-release additions. I was really hoping that we'd see more of those to fill in gaps in the map but I guess they're just throwing their newbies straight into the main projects now
flight50

#1078 Post by flight50 » 03 Apr 2024 18:55

Iirc, newbies are now coming out of the Academy SCS created for new talent. (take this with a grain of salt). I'd have to go back a couple of years when the blogs mentioned it to confirm it. But putting them on simple projects doesn't really apply anymore. The academy teaches them the basics now and they can be graded based on what their potential is. This is what sends them directly to a team and not a single road project. I'd imagine they now get assigned a sector or two instead of a single road or two.
oldmanclippy

#1079 Post by oldmanclippy » 03 Apr 2024 19:10

I think they mentioned the academy thing in that 25 year anniversary video but I might be mistaken.
Shiva

#1080 Post by Shiva » 03 Apr 2024 20:29

CO-61, that would require a mini rebuild of that area.
+ better prefab model of the prison there.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”