Mississippi DLC ideas

flight50

Re: Mississippi DLC ideas

#31 Post by flight50 » 18 Apr 2024 16:33

^Well that is why this thread exist so that details like this can be known, lol. Most probably don't know about Natchez Trace or even heard of it. I know I haven't. Is this what you speak of? https://www.nps.gov/natr/index.htm. There's a map in that link that shows the route.

The issue seems to be about space though. It crosses a ton of roads and run very close to others. Maybe as a hidden road it can work or even a road like the Xmas event. Make it a portal. Otherwise it would need to be a tree tunnel route for sure if its to fit. Portal scenic routes could even be a dlc if you ask me. They can change the scale.

This video makes that route a beauty under the right season conditions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0ca4QatFXo
MoiraPrime

#32 Post by MoiraPrime » 18 Apr 2024 17:17

Could be possible to get the section between Natchez and I-20 without interfering with too much, but I think even a short hidden road section wouldn't hurt.
flight50

#33 Post by flight50 » 18 Apr 2024 18:22

Hmmm. Looking at it closer...US-61 to I-20 seems quite possible. Things get tight otherwise but hey something is better than nothing. Honestly I think more is possible in segments but it depends heavily on other roads.

I'd say from US-82 to the end at TN-100 is strong possibility too. I don't see anything outside of Tupelo getting in the way of that path. Most of those road won't come is my guess. Tupelo might give some issues with space but considering Tupelo isn't huge, it just might work. If Tupelo is around the size of Tulsa....I think they can get the Natchez junction at I-22 plus all the others junctions that Tupelo must have. Nice suggestion though.
MoiraPrime

#34 Post by MoiraPrime » 19 Apr 2024 23:32

Even if not included, any time the Natchez Trace crosses a road in Mississippi it's a bit of a sight. Especially to a roadgeek like me, there aren't many times you see brown guide signs used for a road, or them attempting to keep a non-freeway road this controlled from other roads. From looking around there are definitely some clearance considerations to keep in mind. The Natchez trace doesn't always go over roads, and often goes under other roads, and some of the bridges have rounded shapes to them that would definitely clip a tall enough truck.

Some example pictures I've found of the Natchez trace crossing other roads:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I think the best way forward would be some selective small sections of it, or at a minimum just showing some of its crossings with normal roads.
flight50

#35 Post by flight50 » 20 Apr 2024 02:52

Labeled as no trucks, that's definitely hidden road status. I don't think we'd have to worry about over head bridges in ATS. SCS already cheats those anyways so that all loads can go under them. Can't fault them though. At 1:20 scale, there is no space to always provide a bypass around low clearance routes.
oldmanclippy

#36 Post by oldmanclippy » 20 Apr 2024 12:37

They should definitely get some interchanges as scenic at least, ideally a hidden stretch or two
headquartered in Omaha [ external image ] and Amsterdam [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Arkansas+Missouri

Return to “American Truck Simulator”