SCS General Discussion Thread

MRX911

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#40021 Post by MRX911 » 22 Apr 2024 09:25

55sixxx wrote: 21 Apr 2024 23:08 Personally, I've been hand picking the discussions I insert myself within... Because many times, like Sora said, I find myself typing an entire essay just to delete it afterwards because in my point of view, it's just exhausting trying to reason with a number of particular users. But there are some occasions where I "drop the hammer" and say exactly what I have in mind, people who know me better and/or know me IRL, know I have no "filter".. Which is something that often times get's me in trouble.
I don't have a filter either but I just find it pointless to argue with some here, the trouble these days is not worth the effort. One of the only thing I post now is the blog link and I let others spit their venom or whatever else, some do it because they crave for a reaction and not giving them one is satisfying.
I think that the following quote from a decent movie can be suitable for that :

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

That way I'm free to just visit any salt mine in the game and do some deliveries.
Stick to the route. Stop for nothing. Make the drop.
howey

#40022 Post by howey » 22 Apr 2024 12:05

55sixxx wrote: 21 Apr 2024 23:08 Personally, I've been hand picking the discussions I insert myself within... Because many times, like Sora said, I find myself typing an entire essay just to delete it afterwards because in my point of view, it's just exhausting trying to reason with a number of particular users. But there are some occasions where I "drop the hammer" and say exactly what I have in mind, people who know me better and/or know me IRL, know I have no "filter".. Which is something that often times get's me in trouble.

By the way, being tired of the community does not translates to (At least most of the times) being tired of the game.

What I would like to see again is the 2019-to-2021 era of the forum, before we had the huge boom in negative threads (Yes, the games have a lot of improving to do but that surge in negative threads was really annoying) and negative feedback replies (I admit I have a hand in it and I do post quite a bit of negative feedback myself and sometimes it comes out harsher than intended). But, I'm afraid those times won't come back again.
Couldn't agree with this more myself because i'm the same myself at the moment. You try and bring ideas or you see other like minded people bringing ideas that can improve and be beneficial to both games without having any kind of issue implementing it in the games current state only to have the same type of people criticising because of they don't want change basically and the peeves the crap out of me as I've been one of those people trying to push for change to be more accurate inline to what the games are about.

I'm fed up of explaning ideas in general that alot like and agree with but then get the same people most of the time ridiculing either me or people in general that are expressing their ideas in making the game be more better then it is because they don't want the change. I understand about having disagreements but ffs just be civil about it then outright blast them over their ideas. There have been times in the past where I have came in defence for people like Optional Features who have presented ideas on here that have been good recommendations to have at some point only for a bunch of people bashing the 💩 out of him over it ffs instead of just disagreeing in a civilized matter about it and look at where that person is now on here? Non existent from what I can see.

I only jumped on here now to share my thoughts on what you posted apart from that i'm not really fussed on how SCS or their games go long term. If they continue to succeed on the current track or path good on them if they fail then i'll understand why imoo but at least they are bring in people now to consult them on areas that have been either lacking or missing completely which hopefully will come into fruition and improve over time. I'll still play both games occasionally and see what how they go once DX-12 and the updated engine is active. Hopefully they start bringing in some or these long requested features when that is the case otherwise i'll be suprised if both games make it to the end of the decade in that case. Either way my days being heavily involved with discussions about the progression and advancing the games in the right direction are a thing of the past.

Looking forward to Manor Lords coming out this week and P.S I see that person I mentioned in my last post still hasn't pulled that stick out of their arse. Ban that wanker and a good portion of the the criticism in general on here will be eliminated that's for sure. And it's not just here i'm seeing that person blasting people over all kinds of things half the time over petty 💩 that people have mentioned.
Last edited by Mohegan13 on 22 Apr 2024 13:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 2.3: Language
parasaurolophus67

#40023 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 22 Apr 2024 13:57

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=82 ... 8012957974

They got some pics at the new building
alluke

#40024 Post by alluke » 22 Apr 2024 14:28

Those logos are very nice, hope to see them in cargo containers as well :)

[ external image ]
parasaurolophus67

#40025 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 22 Apr 2024 14:31

^Your a Bit late on that since it was noticed earlier. But agreed.
Some newbie driver

#40026 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Apr 2024 17:05

55sixxx wrote: 21 Apr 2024 23:08Almost there, where?
Almost there because in one sentence you recall with nostalgia when the forum was a good place to be; and at the next sentence you directly insult those you disagree with.

Draw from there the conclusion you want.
Eggtooth

#40027 Post by Eggtooth » 22 Apr 2024 22:12

Well, I want to say one thing.

I REALLY wish they reworked Renault Magnum and Renault Premium. :(
AntonioMart

#40028 Post by AntonioMart » 22 Apr 2024 23:58

Eggtooth wrote: 22 Apr 2024 22:12 Well, I want to say one thing.

I REALLY wish they reworked Renault Magnum and Renault Premium. :(
Agreed. Magnum is a legendary truck.
55sixxx

#40029 Post by 55sixxx » 23 Apr 2024 00:13

@TheTiger @MRX911 @howey Glad I'm not the only one.

I really wish they'd add the OG Magnum:

[ external image ]

I'm a fan of that model ever since the "King of the Road" days:

[ external image ]
AntonioMart

#40030 Post by AntonioMart » 23 Apr 2024 01:28

Aaaww, I played it when I was a schoolboy. :D And by the way, on April 17, the game turned 23 years old since its release in 2001.

This is 1st generation of Magnum (1990-1997) and yes, it was cool too, but unfortunately too old, and as we know, trucks that have been discontinued for a long time are not added official to the game. :|

In ETS2 added Magnum from the latest 4th generation (2008 -2013), and was current at the time of the release of ETS2 in 2012. It's good that at least this generation.
And yes, 4th generation Magnums are common, for example here in Spain I often see them.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”