Arkansas Ideas/Tips/Suggestions

John007

Re: Arkansas Ideas/Tips/Suggestions

#31 Post by John007 » 24 Apr 2024 13:12

The First Presbyterian Church is a historic church on AR 79B in Fordyce, Arkansas. The congregation was organized in 1883, and was the first in the city of Fordyce. This building is its third sanctuary, built in 1912 to a design by Tennessee architect Reuben Harrison Hunt. It is a modest example of Gothic Revival styling executed in buff brick, with three towers.[ external image ]
John007

#32 Post by John007 » 24 Apr 2024 13:16

The United Presbyterian Church of Canehill is a historic church on Main Street in Canehill, Arkansas. Built in 1891, it is the only surviving church building in the small community. It is a brick structure with a cruciform plan with steeply-pitched gable roofs, large Gothic-arched stained glass windows, and a tower with an octagonal belfry topped by a shingled steeple.[ external image ]
oldmanclippy

#33 Post by oldmanclippy » 24 Apr 2024 16:39

2 pages of posts in 2 hours? It never crossed your mind that that would be inappropriate?
headquartered in Omaha [ external image ] and Amsterdam [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Arkansas+Missouri
JoeAlex23

#34 Post by JoeAlex23 » 24 Apr 2024 16:52

That's considered SPAM.
John007

#35 Post by John007 » 24 Apr 2024 19:31

oldmanclippy wrote: 24 Apr 2024 16:39 2 pages of posts in 2 hours? It never crossed your mind that that would be inappropriate?
Hello. Are you suggesting that I write a blog about the beautiful churches of Arkansas for a whole year? I don't have that much time because the Arkansas supplement is coming out pretty soon. So I wrote in one big blog all the beautiful churches of Arkansas that should be in the game.
John007

#36 Post by John007 » 24 Apr 2024 19:34

JoeAlex23 wrote: 24 Apr 2024 16:52 That's considered SPAM.
Hello. I don't agree with you. How can this be spam? This is just an extended block of information about the beautiful churches of Arkansas. I specially designed these beautiful churches in a block in this section of the forum. And that's when I finished writing an infomation about the beautiful churches of Arkansas. All these beautiful Arkansas churches should be in play in the Arkansas expansion. The state of Arkansas cannot be imagined without these churches. Arkansas is a very religious state.
John007

#37 Post by John007 » 24 Apr 2024 19:45

Dear colleagues, I have finished writing about the most beautiful churches in Arkansas. I decided that it would be easier for respected developers to write information about all the beautiful churches in the state at once in one block. I have written information about churches only from the architectural and historical aspect. I didn't touch on the religious aspect at all. There are really many beautiful churches in Arkansas.
Madkine
Global moderator

#38 Post by Madkine » 24 Apr 2024 23:11

@oldmanclippy @JoeAlex23 This is why we have separate research threads. No it's not spam.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
JoeAlex23

#39 Post by JoeAlex23 » 25 Apr 2024 02:09

But shouldn't the user at least make the effort of posting everything in a single post? I don't have a problem with the research, but an user doing several posts one after the other just looks inappropriate.
oldmanclippy

#40 Post by oldmanclippy » 25 Apr 2024 13:37

I'd argue it's very poor posting etiquette, even if it's not disallowed under the rules. All those posts easily could have been in one post and the thread would be far easier to navigate as a result. Even his responses to our criticism were split into 3 posts when they could have been 1 post.

And he just copy-pasted the opening paragraphs from the Wikipedia pages
consolidated post wrote:Arkansas is a very religious state. There are many beautiful majestic churches in Arkansas. I want the beautiful and majestic churches of Arkansas to be in the game. Here's some suggestions for churches to include:

The First Christian Church in Paris https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Chr ... _Arkansas) because ___
[embedded image of church 1]

The Cathedral of Saint Andrew in Little Rock https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathedral ... _Arkansas) because ___
[embedded image of church 2]

The Central Methodist Episcopal Church South (First United Methodist Church) in Hot Springs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_M ... urch_South because ___
[embedded image of church 3]

There were certainly other ways for that user to handle this and many other situations that would be less grating.

I do agree with the general point though that religion is very important in the South. They already do a good job at representing churches so I don't foresee an issue there, but it would be nice to see them implement busier crowds around churches on Sunday mornings, in the future.
headquartered in Omaha [ external image ] and Amsterdam [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Arkansas+Missouri

Return to “American Truck Simulator”