SCS General Discussion Thread

supersobes
Global moderator

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#40481 Post by supersobes » 15 May 2024 15:12

I guess we have to ban Gavin for breaking the rule about posting a second blogpost on the same day. :lol:
SashaLuganskiy

#40482 Post by SashaLuganskiy » 15 May 2024 15:16

:D :lol: Haha
Lovely ETS2&ATS and Fan of SCS Software)
[ external image ]
SuchManor

#40483 Post by SuchManor » 15 May 2024 15:35

SirVirgoTheMess wrote: 15 May 2024 14:52 I do understand not liking to have the tabs and all! I have no issue with having the tabs, tbh! But imo, i think they will make the changes only if a majority of players ask for improvements! I guess it makes sense to not make changes for only a minority of players! But again, that's my own thinking and opinion!
Put the most important and most used stuff in the menu bar and stick the other stuff in tabs.

I think the main map, save, and quit should have their own spots. Much easier to navigate that way.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
JaDaKa

#40484 Post by JaDaKa » 15 May 2024 15:59

Main map and save 100%. Quit not so much.
Marcello Julio

#40485 Post by Marcello Julio » 15 May 2024 16:04

If they eliminate the system tab and all the options present there become their own menus in the main bar, it will improve by 90%. I agree that Map and Fast Travel should be separated in the main bar and not be a tab called Navigation.
JaDaKa

#40486 Post by JaDaKa » 15 May 2024 17:57

Thing is if you are a console player, aren't many separate options worse?
Isn't it better to have these in branches?

As PC players we have the option to use hotkeys which they don't, like "M" for map.
Marcello Julio

#40487 Post by Marcello Julio » 15 May 2024 18:05

No, because even being in joystick it will make navigating the menu even easier. Currently, even in a joystick, even though it is user-friendly, it requires a lot more clicks.
San_Sany4

#40488 Post by San_Sany4 » 15 May 2024 18:12

There's no way anyone in SCS was thinking about consoles when creating this UI. Not if they are sane people who actually played games with a controller in hands. The old UI was hard to use with a controller, and the new UI is even worse. Like, who had a bright idea to put the buttons in submenus diagonally from the tab in the bottom menu? Whose idea it was to get rid of Settings menu that allowed us to choose what we want to change? What is this settings pages order — do they think people change graphical settings more often than gameplay or what?

Some of the UI screens, like Map, are somewhat decent on a controller. But the main menu UI is clearly made for mouse only. To make it actually comfortable for console players, it will require a total redesign from the ground up.
My World of Trucks profile. My Steam profile.
ETS2 since 1.4, ATS since 1.0. Vanilla player.
Marcello Julio

#40489 Post by Marcello Julio » 15 May 2024 18:22

I even liked things like, for example, accessing the quick menu at the top, or, for example, the tab question when you click on something in the main bar in the main menu, but it really doesn't make sense that, for example, the options and others things are hidden in a tab called system. Why didn't you put them in the main bar in their own tabs? It made access even more difficult, especially for those who play on a joystick. Apart from the strange choices, for example, the "X" button to close a menu was removed and did not remain as an alternative, the new icons are lifeless, which I particularly liked when the icons were colored in the old UI, because it had its own identity mainly the truck and trailer manufacturers and even the question of having removed the information on remaining fuel in the main menu.

That's why I say, I hope that these changes that we are all going through will be analyzed and applied in the next major update. I just wish the new UI was good and didn't just stay in this state it currently is.
PBandJ

#40490 Post by PBandJ » 15 May 2024 20:37

Today is the first I got to look at 1.50 and I have to say it is a large improvement over 1.49. Yes, it isn't perfect, but it is much closer. The shimmering is much better (not completely removed yet), clarity is much better for me, did have some short burst of stuttering till I went from 400 % to 300% on graphics. I will play around when I can to see if I can change some settings to return it to the higher percentage. No big deal, it still looked much clearer on 300%. Graphics are much better for me in the game. The new UI took me about 2 minutes to figure out, and personally I like it better than the old one. I am sure SCS will make it the way they want, so really our likes and dislikes probably don't mean a whole lot to them.

I still hold hope for the ability of working on trucks in our owned garages, and to at least get out to do a pre-trip on the truck.....:)

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”