ETS2 1.50 Update discussion

JoeAlex23

Re: ETS2 1.50 Update discussion

#661 Post by JoeAlex23 » 15 May 2024 16:26

And how is that exactly a problem? 🤔
55sixxx

#662 Post by 55sixxx » 15 May 2024 16:43

I can see how that may put off people that struggles with 500km+ jobs but that's not really a problem.
Aziz

#663 Post by Aziz » 15 May 2024 16:44

For those with little time, I've heard there's plenty of them

I mean I personally, whenever an event happened, just took the shortest ones to be done with it as quick as possible
tbh I don't even like longer jobs, 500-700km is plenty thank you very much
It's out of my comfort zone
loveninho

#664 Post by loveninho » 15 May 2024 16:46

55sixxx wrote: 15 May 2024 15:59 Today I took the time to do my first delivery in 1.50 and I have to say, I'm surprised and not in the good way:

1st - Let's start with the elephant in the room. TAA. As I said in the ATS 1.50 thread, TAA only made the game marginally better (From a 40 on a scale from 0 to a 100, it only went up to 50, maybe 60 but that's too much wishful thinking). I'm really disappointed with the result and the fact there has been ZERO improvement to TAA while 1.50 was in EB is beyond me, there is still a ton of flickering and jagged edges anywhere I look.

2nd - Performance. Seriously, what the heck have they done to this game!?!? I used to be able to run this on 1080p Ultra 400% with stable FPS above 60, now it feels like I have locked the FPS to 30 and I'm constantly getting micro stutters everywhere. They are not locked to a certain part of the map anymore. This is coming from someone who can run Horizon 4 with graphic settings between High and Ultra at a stable 60fps without any FPS drops whatsoever, so it's fair to say ETS's optimization is garbage at this point and the fact SCS wnet ahead and released a problematic update officially, also is beyond me.

3rd - Now, let's go to the positives. Shadows are better than they used to be.. They're smoother but there is still room for improvement. Chrome parts, specially wheels, looks a whole lot better than before.. I don't know if it's the setting I'm using but they do look brighter and more polished (Like it should be).

4th - As for maps, yeah, they look nice but that was not the main selling point of the update to me.

In conclusion, IMHO the performance is... crap, to say the least... And until SCS fixes the mess they made, I don't think I'll be going back to the game. It's almost as if SCS went like this "Let's destroy the game's performance so that players won't ask us for graphical improvements ever again".
How could add TAA and not bring it to ideal... it's really trash.
IT'S SSSSSCCCCCSSSS....
peno

#665 Post by peno » 15 May 2024 16:55

Aziz wrote: 15 May 2024 15:59 So... those who take part in the event..
Noticed how after first batch of neighbouring countries (Italy, France, Germany, Austria) the distance to reach other countries pretty much doubles or even triples? Don't have to worry about not making min 200km job because you literally can't. It hits 800+ for the second half of the event.
Which is a big problem for me. I hate doing long WoT jobs, because I personally can't finish anything longer than 400 km in one go and I usually need a long rest between such a long ETS2 or ATS stints. Longer, than what WoT events usually allow. Not to mention that leaving the game during WoT event means resetting my truck. Mixed this with the frame drops I have, especially in Switzerland, I am afraid this will be first WoT event I will not be able to finish. And that saddens me, because that plushy looks great. Well, seems I'll have to go through Steam Exchange to get one.

Edit: Let me explain one thing. The fact that I can't play long stints has nothing to do with the fact I don't have time. It is related to my health. I just can't play for longer that an hour or so. My body will really let me know that I played for too long. So, that's why I can't do longer stints in any game, not just ETS2 and ATS. With normal deliveries, I can save and return later. But with WoT jobs, that's harder to do.
Bandit & The Snowman

#666 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 15 May 2024 17:48

Resetting your truck? Could you explain?

Switzerland has just four neighboring countries that will give short jobs. So it lies in the nature of the thing that six jobs in the event will be much longer, can’t do anything about it since the rules won’t be changed.
My limitation is mostly time, so it happens a lot that I have to split a jobs in two or even three parts. Therefore I prefer jobs with a long deadline. I haven’t tried with this event but I’m guessing there will be some long term ones as well.
Ch_R0me

#667 Post by Ch_R0me » 15 May 2024 17:54

55sixxx wrote: 15 May 2024 16:43 I can see how that may put off people that struggles with 500km+ jobs but that's not really a problem.
Yup. I'm currently doing ~2400 km run from Geneve, CH to the Tekirdag, TR, but it would be (probably) just my only such long haul :lol:

Otherwise - plus for TAA, refreshed interface (probably @SiSL made it, so thx), some new routes outside Switzerland...

And - do you also have a crashing on the Dijon junction, south from the city, from the Geneve side?
Headquartered in:
ETS2: Edirne 🇹🇷
ATS: Houston [ external image ]

Personal topics:
Poland pre-research tips / Poland Discussion
San_Sany4

#668 Post by San_Sany4 » 15 May 2024 18:24

Bandit & The Snowman wrote: 15 May 2024 17:48 Resetting your truck? Could you explain?
Some of the truck status does not save when you exit the game during WoTr contract or suspend one. This includes the liftable axes, the selected dashboard display page, and most annoyingly, the lights on bullbar and lightbar, among other things. The same happens when you go to the service and change anything on your truck.
My World of Trucks profile. My Steam profile.
ETS2 since 1.4, ATS since 1.0. Vanilla player.
JoeAlex23

#669 Post by JoeAlex23 » 15 May 2024 18:38

That doesn't happen when you use your own trailer on a WoT job.
Qrusher14242

#670 Post by Qrusher14242 » 15 May 2024 18:56

i'm not sure if i'll finish the event either cause of the lengths of jobs required. I have no problems doing that length on freight market/quick jobs but with WoT it forces you to do it in one night and i just usually don't do jobs of too long in one night. That combined with other issues with the update (main menu lag forcing me to restart/FPS drops) means i may not finish this event. The performance does seem lower and im playing a vanilla profile. I shudder to think what my main profile with lots of mods will give me. On the plus side, new Switzerland seems nice but i already played Promods and its been a long time since i drove there on the base map. Just wish it didn't come with the dull new UI attached to it.

Return to “General discussion about the game”