ATS 1.50 Update Discussion

User avatar
Marcello Julio
Posts: 5865
Joined: 12 Nov 2016 19:27
Location: Ceará, Brazil

Re: ATS 1.50 Update Discussion

#1701 Post by Marcello Julio » 15 May 2024 16:17

In my opinion about the new UI, I don't hate it, I think it was a good UI update for a new refreshment in the game, but yes, the new UI brought unnecessary changes or strange decisions, but it's not impossible for them to fix it if they are willing to listen the feedback
4Qtube
Posts: 8
Joined: 21 Apr 2024 08:17

Re: ATS 1.50 Update Discussion

#1702 Post by 4Qtube » 15 May 2024 16:25

JoeAlex. You are right 1.50 on it's own is not a bad update, the main problem people have with it is related to TAA mostly because 1 modder did a better job than SCS have done, come on JoeAlex 12 years with out AA and they said they had to wait until Dx12 before it could be done, and now this, It screams to the heavens that SCS dont care about AA but they had to do it because of one modder showed everybody it could be done on dx11. People have the right to be disappointed at SCS If that is how they feel.
User avatar
flight50
Posts: 30709
Joined: 20 May 2017 03:33
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Tx - USA

Re: ATS 1.50 Update Discussion

#1703 Post by flight50 » 15 May 2024 16:26

Ludo Diabolo wrote: 15 May 2024 14:06 On the other hand, I'm still wondering why tyre pressure has been added to the options. At present, it's of no use and there's nothing on the dashboard to show us this function.
Hmmm, perhaps they will be doing something with it in the future. Part of maintenance / wear & tear perhaps for less that optimal psi.
JoeAlex23 wrote: 15 May 2024 16:00 1.50 on it's own is not a bad update, the main problem people have with it is related to TAA (which i personally couldn't care any less about it, i just never cared that much about AA) and the UI which is a hit and miss for a lot of people because they just hate change, but ignoring that, it is a good update, we had worse before.
Same here. AA doesn't make or break the game for me. I am honestly fine with or without it. I want it for all those that need it but for me personally, I'm neutral. There's so many other things I want to see beside better AA that what just came with 1.50.

The modder did it on DX11 because there was no DX12. SCS has no reason to push AA under DX11 if they are going beyond that.
User avatar
flight50
Posts: 30709
Joined: 20 May 2017 03:33
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Tx - USA

Re: ATS 1.50 Update Discussion

#1704 Post by flight50 » 15 May 2024 16:30

Eggtooth wrote: 15 May 2024 15:10 I was angry too but then I've realized this:

Do you prefer Ubisoft taking away your game after a decade, because they deem it unworthy to patch the online mode out? Do you prefer all those live-services that nickel and dime you, or the annual releases of games that each small roster update and few fixes apperantly calls for 70$ payment on top of tiered editions, where support often ends not even a year after release...

...or

Do you prefer SCS Software who is not perfect by any means and sometimes tend to fumble but generally release pretty good updates, who patches their game since 2012, a fully functional, finished product, where you get trucks for free, updates to the engine and mechanics for free, and not taking away your game after 10 years? Do you prefer reasonably priced DLCs that give you often more than you ask for?


Pick your poison.

I sure picked mine.
Solid post and nice way to view it. Its about the 2 different business models here. Definitely pic your poison. I'm going longevity for the game I really like.
User avatar
JoeAlex23
Posts: 2545
Joined: 04 Dec 2016 03:24
Location: Dominican Republic
Contact:

Re: ATS 1.50 Update Discussion

#1705 Post by JoeAlex23 » 15 May 2024 16:34

4Qtube wrote: 15 May 2024 16:25 JoeAlex. You are right 1.50 on it's own is not a bad update, the main problem people have with it is related to TAA mostly because 1 modder did a better job than SCS have done, come on JoeAlex 12 years with out AA and they said they had to wait until Dx12 before it could be done, and now this, It screams to the heavens that SCS dont care about AA but they had to do it because of one modder showed everybody it could be done on dx11. People have the right to be disappointed at SCS If that is how they feel.
That's where you are wrong, SCS never said they had to wait for DX12 to improve the AA, they said they were working on a "new rendering core" and that it was a waste of time to do any AA work without that because they were already working on it, which is literally what 1.50 just added... And again, SCS adding TAA has NOTHING to do with that mod, that's not how software development work, that the current state of SCS' TAA is "undercooked", i'll give you that, but they didn't randomly decided "oh look, someone did a better job than us with the AA, we MUST do the same thing RIGHT NOW", no, that's not how it works, TAA was coming with 1.50 with or without that mod existing.
User avatar
VTXcnME
Posts: 1380
Joined: 04 Jun 2021 12:53

Re: ATS 1.50 Update Discussion

#1706 Post by VTXcnME » 15 May 2024 16:46

Side question: 1.50 updated today, buddy and I tried to jump into convoy to explore new CA region.... can't see convoy session no matter who tries to host. Any ideas? Both on 1.50.
Eggtooth
Posts: 232
Joined: 20 Dec 2012 17:44

Re: ATS 1.50 Update Discussion

#1707 Post by Eggtooth » 15 May 2024 16:48

J.Random wrote: 15 May 2024 15:46
Eggtooth wrote: 15 May 2024 15:16 What they do is called 'agile development'
No, it isn't. I'm not sure what what they're doing could be called, but Agile it definitely isn't.
Then what it is, pray tell? What are your credentials to not call it that?
User avatar
Ludo Diabolo
Posts: 1173
Joined: 28 Jan 2019 16:15
Location: French, Calais
Contact:

Re: ATS 1.50 Update Discussion

#1708 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 15 May 2024 16:52

Quote removed - Don't quote images - Rule 2.3

Yes, but only on the new Kentwork, nothing else !
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
Quasimoto7
Posts: 22
Joined: 06 Aug 2022 00:53

Re: ATS 1.50 Update Discussion

#1709 Post by Quasimoto7 » 15 May 2024 16:52

One thing I’m really noticing with the map update, I know this is very far into the future but man, the New England states are going to be very very small. We’ve known this for a while but now that you can go all over the map and see the scale of it compared to like the east part of Texas it’s really starting to sink in.
mopar93
Posts: 87
Joined: 27 Feb 2024 15:05

Re: ATS 1.50 Update Discussion

#1710 Post by mopar93 » 15 May 2024 17:09

Quasimoto7 wrote: 15 May 2024 16:52 One thing I’m really noticing with the map update, I know this is very far into the future but man, the New England states are going to be very very small. We’ve known this for a while but now that you can go all over the map and see the scale of it compared to like the east part of Texas it’s really starting to sink in.
Rhode Island will have one depot. And maybe a gas station and a place to sleep.

-Maurice
Post Reply

Return to “General discussion about the game”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dan, Gardee568