Missouri Discussion Thread

Xefjord

Re: Missouri Discussion Thread

#761 Post by Xefjord » 10 Jul 2024 03:15

Jeff City and Columbia have the advantage of being separated by a river, so that will make physically separating them much easier.
GaryOwen

#762 Post by GaryOwen » 10 Jul 2024 04:58

Brothergun wrote: 10 Jul 2024 00:30

Jefferson City and Columbia won't be combined, considering we've gotten blogs for Both cities, and the implication that they'll have their own industries, yeah, they're not going to be combined by any chance. Also, why would SCS need JC and Columbia to be combined anyways? They're not extremely close to each other to make them one city.
It would help if you resigned yourself to the fact that these two cities, less than 25 miles apart, will be a combined location/depot once the Missouri DLC released.
Madkine
Global moderator

#763 Post by Madkine » 10 Jul 2024 06:07

@GaryOwen How about this. Given SCS has already shown them as 2 cities, if they are combined in the DLC I'll buy it for you. (For clarity, combined = one city name with depots allocated to it). If they have 2 city names and depots allocated to each, then they aren't combined even if they are physically very close together.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Darsol

#764 Post by Darsol » 10 Jul 2024 06:42

GaryOwen wrote: 10 Jul 2024 04:58 It would help if you resigned yourself to the fact that these two cities, less than 25 miles apart, will be a combined location/depot once the Missouri DLC released.
Aside from the reasons others have stated, SCS has already made bigger cities in smaller distances work. Jeff City and Columbia are actually 30 miles apart iirc, about the same distance between Dallas and Forth Worth. Seattle to Tacoma is about 35 miles. It's 12 miles across the Bay from San Francisco to Oakland. Hell, even Boise and Nampa are both larger than Jefferson City and Columbia, and are 20 miles apart.
flight50

#765 Post by flight50 » 10 Jul 2024 12:33

^Exactly. It has happened before and we'll continue getting it. Laurel Montana and Junction City Kansas got squeezed in and they worked out quite well. As long as they are not oversized like Redding California got, no worries from me.
oldmanclippy

#766 Post by oldmanclippy » 10 Jul 2024 13:23

Yeah idk where all this confusion is coming from, it's already been confirmed that both cities are in the game, marked independently of each other.

Whether or not Branson will be assigned to Springfield or marked on its own is the question people should be asking. It was mentioned in the same breath as a few marked cities in the Research Trip blog, and also from that blog we know they visited the main drag in Branson and took drone photographs of Table Rock Dam, but we don't have outright confirmation that Branson will be marked yet.

IMO it doesn't really matter if Branson is marked if we get to see all that stuff anyways. The main appeal for Branson in ATS is capturing the family-friendly-Vegas-esque vibe of the main drag and a scenic Branson would accomplish that. A remote depot to Springfield out by Table Rock Dam would give us the excuse to see it.
headquartered in North Platte [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Arkansas+Missouri+Iowa
flight50

#767 Post by flight50 » 10 Jul 2024 16:29

oldmanclippy wrote: 10 Jul 2024 13:23 IMO it doesn't really matter if Branson is marked if we get to see all that stuff anyways. The main appeal for Branson in ATS is capturing the family-friendly-Vegas-esque vibe of the main drag and a scenic Branson would accomplish that. A remote depot to Springfield out by Table Rock Dam would give us the excuse to see it.
You beat me to it, lol. I totally agree. I don't care if Brunson is marked or not. It does have a lot of road options. If we can get MO-13, MO-265, MO-86 and/or MO-39 mixed in with US-65, I think we can get a gorgeous area. SCS seems to like doing water scenes and Brunson is up there with the best of them in the game. It could be the best if we get multiple roads. The body of water there reminds me of a serpent as it weaves thru the land. So it could be a nice area to give us our tourist part for the dlc. Each dlc kinda gives us a tourist part featured. The Brunson area is rich in greenery so hopefully some good density comes to give us some nice scenery.

If SCS is ever going to target Hospitality as an industry.............yesss Brunson should be marked. I want to say SCS mentioned hospitality coming with Greece. Whether that meant getting them as depots or not, I can't say. It was kinda confusing so I don't know it its going to be hospitably decor assets or deliverable....we'll see. But if hospitality does make it as industry, that opens up the door for Shreveport, Vegas, Reno, Mississippi, etc.
oldmanclippy

#768 Post by oldmanclippy » 10 Jul 2024 16:37

Deliveries of hay and dirt to Dolly Parton's Stampede would be pretty memorable :lol:
headquartered in North Platte [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Arkansas+Missouri+Iowa
Xefjord

#769 Post by Xefjord » 10 Jul 2024 22:49

Man, I remember when it was just the Dixie Stampede, it had a civil war theme, and they put you on the blue side or the grey side. My mom went with me and we were on the grey side, she bought me one of those confederate hats. I had a lot of fun at the time but I had to burn that thing when I grew old enough to know what it means LOL.
SenseFM

#770 Post by SenseFM » 11 Jul 2024 15:02

oldmanclippy wrote: 09 Jul 2024 18:31 Allow me to present Michigan Tech, possibly the most geographically isolated major university in the United States :lol: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Michi ... ?entry=ttu
Darsol wrote: 09 Jul 2024 19:31 A lot of universities are in smaller towns, tbh. University of Mississippi (student enrollment of ~20,000) is in Oxford, MS (population ~18,000). Honestly, it seems like most states flagship universities are in towns of 50,000 or less. Excluding things like California and New York which have hugely fleshed out public university systems.
Thank you for your answers. Yes, I had mostly heard about the most famous ones, located in New York, Boston and California et al. That one in Michigan looks especially isolated from major cities, although the nature there looks beautiful.

Return to “General discussion about the game”