Missing trucks causes game crash [mod removal]

florence3099
Global moderator

Re: [Only with old profile] Missing trucks causes game crash

#11 Post by florence3099 » 14 Sep 2014 16:55

Code: Select all

00:01:41.334 : <ERROR> load_unit() - Failed to open file (/def/vehicle/trailer/krone_cool_jd/cool_05.sii)
Can you try and find this file? I can try and do a fix by creating that file and link it to the standard cooliner. Alternatively, look for any mod with a trailer_storage, see if it has a line in there that links to the file, and remove it. Then reset the economy.
DorinDXN

#12 Post by DorinDXN » 14 Sep 2014 18:14

Cadde wrote: ..
Another option would be to "start fresh" by running an economy mod (hint hint wink wink) and getting enough money and XP to continue from where you are.
Thank you!

Downloaded, edited to have back the same money and XP points, create a new profile, did a job with, as it turns out, a very skilled parking ;) and also may lead to some very expensive yogurt on München's market, then set back to default economy, purchased back my favorite truck and did a job to Bern with no crash.

Problem solved, thank you all :)

Dorin
Last edited by DorinDXN on 14 Sep 2014 18:42, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my Mercedes or Peterbilt as seen here and it remains to be seen here
DorinDXN

#13 Post by DorinDXN » 14 Sep 2014 18:20

joe_alker wrote:

Code: Select all

00:01:41.334 : <ERROR> load_unit() - Failed to open file (/def/vehicle/trailer/krone_cool_jd/cool_05.sii)
Can you try and find this file? I can try and do a fix by creating that file and link it to the standard cooliner. Alternatively, look for any mod with a trailer_storage, see if it has a line in there that links to the file, and remove it. Then reset the economy.

Sure, I'll try to find it.

As I said was no mod active in profile now, and that one has to be a trace from some mods I had some months ago, I'll look on backups.

Thank you for your help.

Dorin
DorinDXN

#14 Post by DorinDXN » 14 Sep 2014 20:36

The file in question is in trailers_and_cargo_pack_by_Jazzycat_v2.1.1_eng.scs

After a quick search on the net looks like there is, at least, Trailers and Cargo Pack 2.6 mod if not newer.

I'll not use mods for a while, although True_AI_Lights is mandatory as I almost can't see in the mirror trucks/cars coming in the night without that mod.
If I'll use the trailer mod again I'll use the latest version and I'll report if the problem will occur again.

cheers,
Dorin

Return to “Bugs 1.12”