Multiple Controller Setup

trotty88

Multiple Controller Setup

#1 Post by trotty88 » 21 Dec 2014 12:54

Hi,
I am having trouble configuring more than one controller.

My wheel, pedals and button box all are recognized as different controllers during setup, but it seems I can only choose 1 to use.
If I assign the wheel to steering, the pedals cannot then be assigned to gas/brake etc.

Any ideas - surely not a new problem?

Thanks in advance
Scaniabebe

Re: Multiple Controller Setup

#2 Post by Scaniabebe » 21 Dec 2014 13:46

Hi,

First, welcome to the fourms! To my knowledge, it is not possible to configure more than one Controller to ETS as Multi-Controller Setups weren't very common back in 2008. I'm not 100% sure however, as I've only ever ran my DFGT on that game...

Hope this is of some help!
Jason.
Flickr | YouTube | My WOT Profile
10 Years in the TruckSim Community...
trotty88

#3 Post by trotty88 » 21 Dec 2014 13:57

Thanks Scaniabebe, I figured as much. I guess I was hoping there had been a patch or similar to provide support.

Any knowledge of ETS2 providing multi controller support?

Thanks again.
Scaniabebe

#4 Post by Scaniabebe » 21 Dec 2014 14:41

There were only two patches for Euro Truck Simulator... V1.2 and V1.3...

V1.2 added England to the map, but was rather buggy...
V1.3 added no new features, just fixed all the problems V1.2 had.

To my knowledge, you can have up to 3 controllers in Euro Truck Simulator 2! :)
Flickr | YouTube | My WOT Profile
10 Years in the TruckSim Community...
Axel Slingerland

#5 Post by Axel Slingerland » 21 Dec 2014 17:47

From my experience, I think it's the same with all SCS games prior to ETS2. In fact, I have a Logitech G27 steering wheel, and I can't even assign the gas and brakes to anything but the specific pedals made for it. In ETS2 I can assign them to the paddles on the wheel and that is how I wanted to set up my older SCS games, particularly my copies of Hard Truck: 18 Wheels Of Steel and 18 Wheels Of Steel: Extreme Trucker 2. But I couldn't get it to work in any of them no matter what I did, so I still use my old Logitech Dual Action Gamepad for those games.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Mikeinva

#6 Post by Mikeinva » 08 Apr 2017 20:31

I can't use my G27 H shifter for manual transmission so I cannot shift between forward and reverse in ETS in the same manner as I can in ETS2. When setting the pedals it assigns both the gas and brake as a clutch on their respective axis' but they still work for controlling those functions.

Instead I have to come to a full stop and then press the brake pedal again to go into reverse which I find really annoying. Also my steering deadzone seems to be all out of whack despite using the same sensitivty and non linearity settings that I use in ETS2....I just picked up the game on steam today for 4 bucks.

Return to “Euro Truck Simulator”