Map issues in Dijon

gonch

Map issues in Dijon

#1 Post by gonch » 19 Apr 2015 00:04

Clean profile (never used mods), Beta 1.17 64-bit

Seems that there are seveal locations (at least in Dijon) where the entrance is on a different level than the street and lacks a ramp or bump like there is at other places. This happens at the very least in Euro Goodies and the repair shop entrances (my truck is on the other side of Europe right now, so I can't further confirm where else).

This is not simply a graphical glitch with my video card, you can feel the jump as if you were going over the curb, and you slightly lose control of the truck the same as when your tires eat the curb.

I don't remember this happening with 1.15/1.16, but I also rarely get into Dijon unless there's a new patch released which takes me back to my main garage.

game.log.txt -- http://pastebin.com/MNQXGBSM
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (157.94 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
Last edited by ohaha on 19 Apr 2015 05:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: resized image. read forum rules
ohaha

Re: Map issues in Dijon

#2 Post by ohaha » 19 Apr 2015 05:30

Why is this a bug? :?
Retired, but still loving it.
Reece

#3 Post by Reece » 19 Apr 2015 07:02

Looks like a bug to me! :shock:
plykkegaard

#4 Post by plykkegaard » 19 Apr 2015 07:45

Seen worse examples, I usually report it as an bug and it gets fixed eventually without arguments

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
ohaha

#5 Post by ohaha » 19 Apr 2015 07:52

I've seen worse in RL... why would this be a bug, then?
Reece

#6 Post by Reece » 19 Apr 2015 09:12

because it's not perfect! :mrgreen:
gonch

#7 Post by gonch » 22 Apr 2015 15:37

ohaha wrote:I've seen worse in RL... why would this be a bug, then?
because you are supposed to have a load of fragile champagne glasses and instead of a smooth ramp you are stepping down a "fake" curb, shaking all your load.

Yes, it's not a major issue, but breaks immersion and makes you go WTF when trying to get into and out of those places with the incorrectly levelled map cells.

edit: just in case you are wondering, this is what happens with these map issues http://gfycat.com/PalatableCookedIndianrhinoceros
Centrino2

#8 Post by Centrino2 » 22 Apr 2015 17:41

@ gonch if you ever been in a car I am sure you would have felt/seen some bumps and dips here and there correct? (Especially in road construction zones :? )

I feel like the real problem here is that the truck's suspension is about as stiff as a rock (doesn't seem to allow bouncing) which causes that strong (kind of violent) reaction from the truck going over that dip/raise.
ohaha

#9 Post by ohaha » 22 Apr 2015 17:42

Again, why is this a Bug?
I've seen these things in RL, in a lot of places. And, guess what, all those drivers were going reeeaaally slow over them, to avoid breaking the champagne in the back.
I was also going slow, with my car, for obvious reasons.
I would call it an extra challenge and touch of realism, not a bug.
gonch

#10 Post by gonch » 25 Apr 2015 02:21

Every time I've seen "this" in real life it's in fact a ramp, not a right angle step.

But let's show it in pictures (thumbnails linked to full res image, so you can actually see what I see).

This is how the repair shop looks in Dijon (big step):
[ external image ]

Euro Goodies in Dijon (smallish step):
[ external image ]

And the Hotel in Dijon (so uneven that it's almost as tall as the curb):
[ external image ]

Now, this is how they have ramps in the hotel entrance in Krakow:
[ external image ]

The entrance to Kaarfor in Verona, showing a nicely painted speed bump:
[ external image ]

Finally, this is another repair shop entrance in Lublin, showing a (mostly) correctly leveled entrance:
[ external image ]

What I want to show here is a pattern, every time there's an uneven surface one normally gets either a smooth ramp or a properly yellow/black painted speed bump, otherwise the union between the street and the shop is completely smooth and on the same height level.

All 3 cases in Dijon show abnormal unions between the street and a private property. In the case of the hotel in Dijon it might be the worse of the lot, as not only the entrance has a very high step, but also has a different height on the far left end compared to the bottom right of the image, where you can even see another artificial slope on top of the previous one (try to follow from side to side, and suddenly you are inside an M.C. Escher painting).

So please, tell me where in real life you have seen something like the hotel in Dijon, because that's probably not even legal due to not having an accessible entrance AND being able to scratch the bottom of pretty much any car.
Last edited by Centrino2 on 25 Apr 2015 03:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need to quote the post above yours [Rule 2.4]

Return to “Bugs 1.17”