Game crash with ANY mods

rado84

Game crash with ANY mods

#1 Post by rado84 » 29 Apr 2015 21:18

Centrino2 adviced me to post this bug here, altough I doubt anything will change in the near 20 years because this bug exists since version 1.14 and it was never fixed.
I enable 3 mods containing mostly DDS files with a few 'sii' description files which I checked line by line and letter by letter and they're all 100% identical to the original 1.16 game files. Despite that fact the game keeps crashing and closing itself with no warning. I even tried with removing all 'sii' files and leaving only the DDS files inside and the result is still the same.
These mods and a few other worked flawlessly with version 1.13. Since 1.14 was released all mods stopped working and the game began to crash.
I made a video using a newly created profile. However, I did try to put the mods and create a new profile with them enabled - no change, still crashes.
And no, it's not a hardware problem. Multiplayer runs at 90 FPS with most of the options set at "high", so it's not a hardware problem. It IS a game problem because the 64-bit exe crashes even before the SCS logo is loaded and displays "eurotruck2.exe stopped working".

Link to the video:

http://rainbow-lodge.us/nf/clip0001.7z - (27.3 MB compressed; 1662 MB uncompressed)

Game log:
http://rainbow-lodge.us/nf/game.log.txt
Last edited by rado84 on 29 Apr 2015 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
Elmer BeFuddled

Re: Game crash with ANY mods

#2 Post by Elmer BeFuddled » 29 Apr 2015 21:35

I'd post your most recent game.log.txt using the code brackets above^^ the edit post box
I'm writing a book on plagiarism. It wasn't my idea.
Nothing is foolproof to the talented fool.

EBF ETS2 Satellite Map For ProMods, RusMap etc..
ETS2 v1.18.x Satellite Map Background
Road Atlas Map Backgrounds
rado84

#3 Post by rado84 » 29 Apr 2015 21:49

I did something better. I don't like long posts.
Centrino2

#4 Post by Centrino2 » 29 Apr 2015 22:19

rado84 wrote:Without mods the game runs fine but what's more weird is why would it crash with a simple DDS mod?
Figured this bit might help a bit.
rado84 wrote:This mod of mine works with all versions (well, worked, at least) from 1.1.1 to 1.13. From 1.14 it crashes the game and today I even tried with someone else's DDS mod for changing the appearance of the trailers and the game still crashed. First time it crashed, the second time it couldn't load the saved file. Since on the website where I downloaded it from read it was made for 1.16, I assumed it would work. But it didn't.
The plot thickens even more because earlier today I asked a friend of mine to try and use my DDS mod on his computer and it worked without any problems. He could even deliver a few cargoes with my mod. Then I found out he had version 1.17, so I downloaded the beta. Guess what happened when I tried to play with any mods, DDS mod included... :(
My computer is more than capable running the game at 90 FPS with most of the options set to "high", so I doubt it's a hardware problem. And if it were a hardware problem, then the game should crash even without mods but it doesn't.
Including this should also help.

So what is the DDS mod, can you provide a link? And did your friend have any other mods enabled?
87granny

#5 Post by 87granny » 29 Apr 2015 22:28

You have a cargo mod that is causing your issues it's missing cargo at companies look near the bottom of your log
rado84

#6 Post by rado84 » 29 Apr 2015 22:35

The game crashes with other mods which don't contain any company data. It does that also with just "YOHIO mod pack" which has nothing else but DDS files - this is the mod pack I showed you, the one from my Facebook pictures album. Well, you can see them for yourself.

http://rainbow-lodge.us/nf/the3mods.7z

Granny, I have no idea why it reads it can't find data, when the only company file my mod contains is the one for transinet. The file from my mod is exactly the same as the original game file and the directory tree is also exactly the same.
Could it be because the game is looking not for a single file anymore but for the entire load of companies? All versions till 1.13 (in which the mods worked fine) only checked the available files in the mod and if no other files were found, it was simply using the original ones located in base.scs. Meaning that for the mod to work I have to copy all the companies files to it?*

*Nope, it's not that. Just tried it.
87granny

#7 Post by 87granny » 29 Apr 2015 23:25

Yes but there was a cargo def change in between I had trailers that I needed to update to the new cargo system or they would crash the game 1 being Bora's Schmits pack
rado84

#8 Post by rado84 » 30 Apr 2015 00:05

The file for transinet is exactly the same (regarding syntax of cargo definition) as the one that scs_extractor spitted out when I unpacked 1.16 base.scs 2-3 days ago, so it shouldn't be a problem. The only difference is the displayed named of the company in the route adviser - "Coca-cola" but the file is still named transinet.sii. Both files (original and edited) have 3807 symbols and 151 lines. If there were anything different NPP would indicate it. Somewhere in previous posts there's a link to all the 3 mods, so you can see for yourself I haven't touched the cargo files and I have changed only the company display name.

Even if this is the cause of the problem, it still doesn't answer the question why the game crashes with mods containing only DDS files which have the same folder tree and file names.
Attachments

[The extension 7z has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Reinhard

#9 Post by Reinhard » 30 Apr 2015 08:32

rado84 wrote:The file for transinet is exactly the same (regarding syntax of cargo definition) as the one that scs_extractor spitted out when I unpacked 1.16 base.scs 2-3 days ago
No, it absolutely isn't. It is like it was in 1.3, not 1.13. Since version 1.4.1, there is a whole new cargo system, and this in_cargo/out_cargo stuff in that file is obsolete since then.

However you got that file, it isn't extracted from version 1.16.

Return to “Bugs 1.16”