ETS2 Steam Trading Cards

MartinoPio

ETS2 Steam Trading Cards

#1 Post by MartinoPio » 29 Jun 2013 08:29

[ external image ]

Hello friends of Euro Truck Simulator 2, as many of you have read in the official blog of the SCS Software, soon to those who own the program "Steam", will receive trading cards and medals if you play ETS2. I wanted to know what do you think, as it seems to me an interesting novelty.

Let me know! :mrgreen:
Thetrucksimaddict

Re: ETS2 Steam Trading Cards

#2 Post by Thetrucksimaddict » 29 Jun 2013 11:03

I've got5 a reason to connect my game to steam now :D
Centrino2

#3 Post by Centrino2 » 29 Jun 2013 23:59

Well, looky here, we nearly got a patch along with some cards. Too bad it is going to have to wait (again)... no problem. 8-)

As usual though, there are trolls, trolls and more trolls. At least SCS is trying to improve the game unlike some other companies... like a certain company that made a F1 2011 game and screwed it up by updating, and never fixed it since. :roll:
Thetrucksimaddict

#4 Post by Thetrucksimaddict » 30 Jun 2013 00:40

yeah some games companies are just shocking with there updates, I played The sims 3 quite a bit, and whenever a new update was out, it came with a ton of bugs, im actually glad SCS are delaying the update to knock out of the bugs, makes for a more enjoyable game, than a frustrating pile of **** :P

on a note with the badges though, any idea how we go about obtaining the badges? like I've played a few hundred hours real time on one profile of mine, will I be able to obtain cards with that profile or do you have to earn them some other way? so bassically what i mean is, if you earn a badge for playing over 100 hours on the game, woud I need to play another 100 hours, or will I obtain that card right away?
DocMoriarty

#5 Post by DocMoriarty » 30 Jun 2013 22:25

When i hear trading cards am anything else than excited. Not sure whats the deal with Steam ones but there are other games out there that use trading card systems for major ripping off ppl. I guess the idea behind such stuff here is to get more ppl buy their stuff from Steam to get the benefits off these cards. Yet i really like "services" like Steam less and less due to recent experiences.
n4gix

#6 Post by n4gix » 30 Jun 2013 23:44

I wouldn't touch Steam with a fifty-foot bargepole... :roll:
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)
miep möp

#7 Post by miep möp » 01 Jul 2013 08:52

I couldn't care less about those trading cards or steam achievements in general. The bad timing for that blog post is more important, because people are getting angry due to the slow speed SCS is working at.

SCS should market their engine changes better, so people understand how important it is that the engine now loads smaller sectors instead of the whole map. Furthermore, people need to understand how big the DLC is compared to the upgrades in GTS, UKTS and ATS. Unless you serve people all the explanation on a silver plate and spoon feed them, they just don't get it.
MartinoPio

#8 Post by MartinoPio » 01 Jul 2013 11:00

The SCS Software introduces these cards just because Steam has made it possible to get and just as the other games, they did, too. They have lost a lot of time to do so with respect to time to make the next patch.

Regarding the cards (if you did 100 hours of game) using Steam, you will receive perhaps their badges. :mrgreen: I want to highlight the perhaps.
celestra

#9 Post by celestra » 03 Jul 2013 14:58

no way am i having 6gb of steam trash on my computer just to get a few pointless cards
MartinoPio

#10 Post by MartinoPio » 03 Jul 2013 15:47

You do not need to download Steam. If you've got already good and you can try this news, if you do not have and you do not care, there is no need to download Steam :mrgreen:

Return to “General discussion about the game”