Hard times in Scandinavia

R0adrunner

Hard times in Scandinavia

#1 Post by R0adrunner » 15 Sep 2015 20:09

The virtual life of a multi-millionaire trucker finally got so boring i decided to leave that all behind and start fresh. With time, if all goes well, this might become the story of a guy who started out with nothing and eventually got his first truck the hard way.

Basically i'm starting off with DocMoriarties Hard Economy Mod and ProMods latest map

I'll try to post a screenshot from each trip along with a short description. Time will tell how well i can keep up with that. My headquarters is located in Turku, Finland. Here we go, hope you enjoy.

Oh, and i'm not a native English speaking guy, so i'll apologize in advance. Feel free to correct me as needed!

First day on the job and supposed to do a local fertilizer delivery in Turku. 3km and 355€ At least they put me in a decent truck for my first job.

[ external image ]

I guess the boss was pleased cause he sent me straight away to Lahti with another load of fertilizer. Turku-Lahti 211km and 1432€ Volvo this time around. Nice!

[ external image ]

I'm supposed to switch to another truck in Lahti and head back home for the night. Let's see what we have here. Wow, a brand new Merc and some tractors to pull. Lahti-Turku 277km and 1831€

[ external image ]

It turned out be mostly agricultural related deliveries for my first day. Tired but pleased to be home. With 3618€ in my pocket i say goodnight and see you later!
Last edited by R0adrunner on 07 Oct 2017 12:20, edited 1 time in total.
I've never done that before, so I'm sure I can do it (Långstrump, Pippi)
Hard Times in Scandinavia a.k.a. HTiS (story and pics)
Movin' on - my ATS adventures
My WoT page
Tigerclaw

Re: Hard times in Scandinavia

#2 Post by Tigerclaw » 15 Sep 2015 20:46

Very nice story, like the shots too.

And your English is perfect. So for a non-English speaking person, you're doing better than me (and was born here 54 years ago lol)

Looking forward to future posts :)
Tony
WhiteLineFever

#3 Post by WhiteLineFever » 15 Sep 2015 20:49

Good luck to you !
I too gave up everything for the hard economy mod and promods maps.
One truck, one small garage and hardly anything in the bank....love it :)
'Crack On to Macon'

One Renault Magnum, one tin shed for a garage, 520 horses under the right foot and a donkey behind the steering wheel
MrCapital

#4 Post by MrCapital » 16 Sep 2015 08:25

Nice story. I'm looking forward to see your career develop.
[ external image ]
- retired modder - do not disturb -
Hakan

#5 Post by Hakan » 16 Sep 2015 11:02

Nice shots and Trucks ! :D
R0adrunner

#6 Post by R0adrunner » 16 Sep 2015 18:26

Thanks all for your kind comments! Let's continue.

Second day on the new job and it's not looking good. I was sent off to Lahti to pick up a milktank for delivery to Mikkeli. Time was already tight and at first i couldn't find our depot. I finally found my truck and tanker for the first job of the day and got on my way, but halfway to Mikkeli i suddenly lost the steering.

This actually happened for real. The G27 just lost it and the tiny led on the shifter went flashing. After un/re -plugging the USB-cord all was good to go again, but i sure lost some valuable time there. Luckily the truck and trailer took no damage as i was able to slow down enough before touching the barrier. Anyway i ended up being late for my drop-off and got my penalty for that. Well, better luck next time. Lahti-Mikkeli 160km and 1057€

A local newspaper guy even got this pic of the accident and the traffic-jam building up.
[ external image ]

This is not good, not good at all. For my second job today i was assigned a delivery of sawdust panels to Helsinki. It was all running nice and smooth until this guy decided to pull out right in front of me on the highway. The damage penalty just wiped away my income like that. Mikkeli-Helsinki and 221km for nothing. I knew it was ment to be hard but this is really something else...

The pic is from the beginning of the trip. Little did i know what was to come.
[ external image ]

But hey, with the finnish sisu built into my DNA i'm not giving up that easy. Chin down and towards new disappointments :D My last job today will be hauling truck rims from Helsinki to Stockholm. If everything goes smooth i'll be in Turku in good time to catch the evening ferry to Stockhom, where i'll arrive early tomorrow morning. I will report back to you from that trip next time.

Finding my way out of Helsinki.
[ external image ]
Last edited by R0adrunner on 07 Oct 2017 12:26, edited 1 time in total.
I've never done that before, so I'm sure I can do it (Långstrump, Pippi)
Hard Times in Scandinavia a.k.a. HTiS (story and pics)
Movin' on - my ATS adventures
My WoT page
CobraBlue6

#7 Post by CobraBlue6 » 16 Sep 2015 18:30

I love the idea for this thread 8-)
Hakan

#8 Post by Hakan » 16 Sep 2015 21:13

Nice shots and Story
SimulatorSam

#9 Post by SimulatorSam » 17 Sep 2015 12:48

Very interesting story, we'll see your company gradually expand, which I don't think has ever been done on this forum :D
abasstreppas

#10 Post by abasstreppas » 17 Sep 2015 12:59

Great idea, great story, great shots, great English! Well, it can't be any better :D

Return to “Screenshots”