Virtual Speditor Program - Job scheduler program (Upd. 24.10.2023)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
supric

Re: Virtual Speditor Program

#11 Post by supric » 22 Jan 2016 10:07

The complete idea was to set all needed cargo to one trailer, as it's your "own trailer" ;)
natvander
SCS Software

#12 Post by natvander » 22 Jan 2016 10:31

I get the same result. File wasn't decoded properly.

EDIT - would help if I enabled Java...
Last edited by natvander on 22 Jan 2016 11:27, edited 1 time in total.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Roktaal

#13 Post by Roktaal » 22 Jan 2016 11:02

This tool is great as it is but there is room for improvement so here is a short list of mu suggestions:

1. Let us choose which savegame file to edit.
- As it is now, the tool automatically takes the autosave. Would be a nice improvement if we could select which file exactly we would like to edit.
2. Ability to select which current route to change.
- A list of currently available routes where we could select which one to change.
3. Country letter beside the city names.
- Would help with finding a location we would like to visit.
4. Localization file.
- This would help those players that don't speak english very well. I'm sure there is lots of people that will help with translations. I am volunteering to do Italian and Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian translations.

Hope these would be considered because I think they would really improve this great tool.
Thanks for all your work
Flemming V
Global moderator

#14 Post by Flemming V » 22 Jan 2016 12:26

This is a fine tool, but please remember that the save game is the file, that almost the entire game is build up on.
So if something happen to your save game file, everything is lost. Remember to take backup of your profile folder.
Maybe even only use this on secondary profile and perhaps a MP profile.

This tool decrypt (unpack) your save game file and one single dot placed the wrong place in that file will corrupt the profile.
That said, this tool did exact what it supposed to do on my secondary profile without any problems or what so ever.
and as the file is now decrypts, there's 1000 things that this tools would be able to do if implemented.
xyzan

#15 Post by xyzan » 22 Jan 2016 12:42

steowd wrote:I have been waiting no a mod like this for years ,
THANK YOU :D :D

It works perfectly , other than a small pay bug (getting payed 23,000 ) to go 200 km , but very small . that can be fixed
It is not easy, as there are no distances between cities in save game. I can put whatever you want (100km, 10 000km), but I cannot calculate distance. Payment is calculated using distance entered in the program. I can do it with parameters entered in config file or give a field to enter aprox distance - I'm not sure, if you can estimate it correctly.
Roktaal wrote:This tool is great as it is but there is room for improvement so here is a short list of mu suggestions:

1. Let us choose which savegame file to edit.
- As it is now, the tool automatically takes the autosave. Would be a nice improvement if we could select which file exactly we would like to edit.
2. Ability to select which current route to change.
- A list of currently available routes where we could select which one to change.
3. Country letter beside the city names.
- Would help with finding a location we would like to visit.
4. Localization file.
- This would help those players that don't speak english very well. I'm sure there is lots of people that will help with translations. I am volunteering to do Italian and Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian translations.

Hope these would be considered because I think they would really improve this great tool.
Thanks for all your work
1.What actually Flemming said - I'm not allowing to edit any save game, so you will have ability to save your game before editing save, and keep that save safe - that is why it allows you only for autosave. If I'll allow this, believe me - there would be some people who will have a claim, that I broke their save - I won't do that!
2. I don't understand that - can you explain more? There are few jobs in each company, I'm editing always first one. If you want to go somewhere, is there any difference which job is changed? Please explain me more.
3. I was thinking of sorting it by countries - however, that would require keeping kind of DataBase connecting cities - countries. There is no such a info in savegame. Then, there would be some mods, that I don't have, I don't know country etc. The same with new version of mods - It would require updates for that.
4. Most probably I will do localization in some time. This is first version at this moment. I wanted to check if it will be used at all!

Flemming, thanks for this warning you gave to people. It is included in ReadMe as well - If you think it is wise to add it to the first post, I can do that! I've checked the program with some people for a quite long time now, so it is rather save. But as it is editing save file, the risk is always there.
Yes, I can do a lot of stuff with decoded save and create a program for that, but I actually don't need them ;) I wanted to have speditor to visit new parts of map having proper cargo :)
cyrkie

#16 Post by cyrkie » 22 Jan 2016 18:31

Very nice :D. A lot of good work. Now 100% map is easier.
Best Regards
aradeth

#17 Post by aradeth » 22 Jan 2016 23:44

I can't get it work.

- change g_save to "2"
- start the game, load profile, exit profile.
- run the program (both java-rcredist installed before)
- find save path-load.
- select cargo, add cargo and save file, exit the program
- go to the game, load profile

But there isn't any selected job. ?
Satiel

#18 Post by Satiel » 23 Jan 2016 11:32

I was waiting for something like this for ages :)
Thanks!

Just a little problem.... i put uset g_save_format "2" in config.cfg in the last line of the file, i run the game i save and exit, i go back to config.cfg and the line is gone!!
And of course the savegame are still in the other format...
Tried with notepad and notepad++ with the same outcome...

Suggestions?
supric

#19 Post by supric » 23 Jan 2016 12:11

"uset g_save_format ..." string already exists, you don't need to add it, just find it & change it's value to 2.
DorinDXN

#20 Post by DorinDXN » 23 Jan 2016 16:43

aradeth wrote: ..
But there isn't any selected job. ?
The job(s) you added should be available for selection and not selected, though.

I'll recommend, even if it introduces two additional steps, to (1) set back the g_save_format to "0" after exiting the game/profile otherwise the old auto-save lag will be back, then, of course, (2) to set it to "2" if you want to add some jobs again.

cheers,
Dorin
Sent from my Mercedes or Peterbilt as seen here and it remains to be seen here

Return to “Others”