ConverterPIX - Game formats to middle formats

Post any tutorial and tools you might find it useful for other creators.
Andrei_03

Re: ConverterPIX - Game formats to middle formats

#101 Post by Andrei_03 » 21 Apr 2017 15:15

Wow! :o This looks really promising. :) If it's good, i'll throw away Zmod 3 and use this instead. :P
Braakie

#102 Post by Braakie » 22 Apr 2017 19:41

mwl4 wrote:Small fix has been released (fixed generating .pic files):
https://github.com/mwl4/ConverterPIX
Hi mwl4,
Would you like to look at this problem, when i convert the daf xf 105 truck files, the truck.pic file does not properly save the advanced coupling parts. I had to reassign all adv_cpling collision locators when importing into Blender Tools.

I've described the problem here viewtopic.php?f=160&t=176424&start=1070#p737653
CrazyGijs

#103 Post by CrazyGijs » 22 Apr 2017 21:32

how do I use the parameters? I'm so confused... :lol:
[ external image ]

Intel Core i5 9600k, Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F, 16GB 3000 Mhz Corsair RAM, ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2070 Super OC 8GB, Logitech G502, Fanatec CSL Elite wheel base & pedals LC + P1 rim, Driving Force Shifter + DIY Scania SKRS.
CristianoH125

#104 Post by CristianoH125 » 24 Apr 2017 19:33

ehhh why isnt my Converter pix, converting dds to tga ? :?
What a Lovely Day... !
MDModder

#105 Post by MDModder » 24 Apr 2017 19:56

Converter pix, converting .tobj
CristianoH125

#106 Post by CristianoH125 » 24 Apr 2017 20:06

Well yeah saw it right now :lol: Thanks anyway :)
What a Lovely Day... !
Volvo F12

#107 Post by Volvo F12 » 25 Apr 2017 09:13

CrazyGijs

Step 1 Down load the mwl4 app from the first page of this topic
Step 2 Unzipp PIX and place it in a file on your pc hard drive and make sure you aware the path directory were you placed the app
Step 3 After you placed the Pix-app in your hard drive got inside the file (follow this path ConverterPIX-master\bin\win_x86\converter_pix.exe)and live the window open
Step 4 Open a new window and navigate on the folder were you all ready have extracted the game base file
Step 5 Grab your game base and drag it all the way to the window you have all ready open and conteins the converter_pix.exe and place it over the converter_pix.exe.If you do it correctly a DOS console will appear and the conversion will start.(it will take a while..so be patient)After the complision of the task a new file will be created next to your game file you draged previoysly and wiil go by the name base_exp.This is the file that conteins the converted games to middle format archives.
Those are the steps for massive conversion of games base file.
Now due to the fact that massive conversion will not convert properly the animation archives (pma) you will have to do it manually..so
Step 1 Go to your windows search q-bar(on win 10 it is located on the bottom of the tool bar and its the one with a magnifying glass icon)and type cmd ..a DOS console will appear.
Step 2 Drag your converter_pix.exe on to the DOS console and press enter.The DOS console will process the comand and a introduction of mwl4 app will appear showing instructions of some basic command of the app can handle.
Now pay attention
Step 3 find your directory were you placed the PIX (see the advice i wrote you on the first step 2) and copied and paste it on the DOS console..DO NOT HIT ENTER...more command lines needed.
Step 4 Locate your unconverted game base file diectory ...copy the directory ...type -b on the DOS screen and paste the directory of your unconverted game base file..IMPORTANT..make sure that this specific directory is placed among ""...again..DO NOT HIT ENTER...more command lines needed.
Step 5 Locate the directory of your pma you desire to convert in your game base file....type -m and then paste the directory path of the pma...mwl4 uses a fine example of what the command should look like on page 5 in this topic...have a peek.
Step 6 Hit enter.

If you have done the procedure correctly..a comfrmation message will appear on the DOS console.

Thats it ..your pma archive is on your base_exp

Have fun

Cheers
LoaderSaints

#108 Post by LoaderSaints » 28 Apr 2017 16:17

Am I doing something wrong here? I have extracted the ZIP file but when I try to run the exe (double click on it) the CMD window appears and then just closes right away. :?
IonutL

#109 Post by IonutL » 28 Apr 2017 20:49

Right above your message is explained how the converter works.
LoaderSaints

#110 Post by LoaderSaints » 29 Apr 2017 07:26

@IonutL
Those instructions are very unclear.
Volvo F12 wrote: Step 3 After you placed the Pix-app in your hard drive got inside the file (follow this path ConverterPIX-master\bin\win_x86\converter_pix.exe)and live the window open
This does not make any sense, "got inside the file". I interpret that as opening the file = double click on it.
However, I received some help from a friend who told me to create a batch script instead, as I do not wish to convert the base from SCS. :)

EDIT: I think I got it working now. :)

Return to “User Tutorials & Tools”