[REL] ProMods v2.68

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Cajun_Man0001

Re: [REL] ProMods v2.16

#3211 Post by Cajun_Man0001 » 21 Apr 2017 13:45

MandelSoft wrote:I see a lot of version errors with sign models. Do you have any mode that changes the signs? If so, that is most likely the culprit.
I found it. After slowly adding one mod at a time and starting new each time. It turns out it was the mod svetofor that was causing it. It is a mod that puts a traffic signal on the opposite side of the intersection facing the opposite way. So when I was at a light I could see it. Other wise when I was the first one at the stop I cannot see the signals, this gave me the ability to see it cause on the other side would be one.

But now I'm back to not being able to see the signal if I happen to be the first at a intersection.

Oh well, there is always view #2 till the signal changes. :)
SlavikSD

#3212 Post by SlavikSD » 21 Apr 2017 15:55

@Cajun_Man0001, I congratulate you on finding the error! :)
I also have a mod on a traffic light. In this mod no file /model/sign/city_limits/germany_enter_exit.pmd
[ external image ]
Maybe try my mod?
Cajun_Man0001

#3213 Post by Cajun_Man0001 » 22 Apr 2017 00:05

@SlavikSD, Sure, just point me where it is and I'll try it. Thanks!
SlavikSD

#3214 Post by SlavikSD » 22 Apr 2017 01:09

@Cajun_Man0001, try the mod. Maybe you will like it.
thfswe

#3215 Post by thfswe » 22 Apr 2017 18:22

MandelSoft wrote:I can confirm all of those.

The first section is a definition change we're unaware of. We can fix this soon on our end (maybe in a hotfix too!)
The second section is caused by companies literally being next to each other, borking up the pathfinding algorithm. There are not many companies affected by this, and we try to solve these problems eventually
The third section refers to one specific prefab, though this is not a critical error. I have to revise it soon enough.
thfswe wrote:Not every user can afford that fee, and since you still make money out of the slow option through ads .. it´s a lame statement.
Through adfly that you use for the slow download is filled with adware and other shit.
But you seem to be ok with spreading adware and other shit to the users ...as long as you make money out of it.
You also probaly get money direct from scs by making the so called freeware that forces users to get the dlc´s, why do i say that ...you had a meeting with scs a while back....so some honesty from the promods team and the so called freeware add-on would be nice ..but that will never happen.
Also while I am at it...clean up your homepage ...it is just a god damn mess to read you have to look hard and long to find any information about latest updates.

From day 1 I have supported promods by using the fast download, but now I am saying bye bye to promods simply by the fact that you demand that people have to buy this or that dlc to use your so called freeware addon....well sorry it´s not a freeware addon .
I have stopped byuing any dlc´s from SCS until the day that SCS actually do something to improve the game, other then stupid paintjobs and other useless stuff it´s not a truck simulator ..it´s a driving simulator and for that genre ther are more fun driving simulators out there.

But as mr Sebor said in an iterview, we got 5% of the users that can´t handle any upgrades to the game engine(dx11) and we do not whant to let them down.
Well mr Sebor sounds like a smart plan, why upgrade the game and looose 5% of the users when we can upgrade the game and possible gain more users...seems plain stupid .

Had to register to post this and will probably get deleted ..but no worries I womt return
Ahum, may I falsify a few of these statements?

First of all, my forum name is not yellow just because I visited SCS back in August for a few days. No, I'm actually on SCS's payroll, full-time. I work at the office like any other SCS employee and I had to move to Prague, which was a huge change for me. All work I do there is for SCS and has nothing to do with ProMods. Heck, I don't get a penny for ProMods (though, it was what got SCS interested to hire me). In fact, SCS can't merge ProMods into their map for performance (ProMods is known for being more demanding) and legal reasons (ownership of the work, usage of brand names). So basically, all work I do for SCS is starting from scratch, working with their norms and their assets. The only thing I can use from ProMods is my expertise and experience (and yet I still learn new things every day).

Second, The DLCs are manditory because they come with loads of good assets. Our work is deeply integrated into all map DLCs, so splitting up is techincally impossible. By the way, how much does it cost anyway? Let's do the math:
  • ETS2 base game: €19.99
  • Going East DLC: €9.99
  • Scandinavia DLC: €17.99
  • Vive la France DLC: €17.99
  • TOTAL: €65.96
So basically, ETS2 + all map DLCs is about the same price of a new release of an AAA-game or console game. All these prices are the current maximum prices. There are no sales at the moment, so in case of a sale, you may pay even less. Even if you don't download ProMods, this is still a pretty good deal. This game is not like Train Simulator with its endless €30,- DLCs.

Now how much of this money do we get as ProMods, you may ask? Nothing. Not a penny. It's all for SCS. We may generate extra sales for them and they may thank us for that, but we don't get a fee from them. No, we do this because we want to and we like to do what we do! Our passion is our greatest motivator, not money.

Third, be glad we offer a free option anyway. We could've hidden it behind a paywall completely, but that's no fun for any of us. We may revise the speed cap on our download server soon, but since it's a free server anyway, you should expect limitations and some kind of catch. Nothing on the internet is really for free, even if it looks like that. Because one way or another, keeping up a website costs money, and it has to come from somewhere...

Finally, you only registered here to rant and complain? Sounds a bit like a roundabout way while we have our own dedicated forum. If you really don't decide to come back, well, don't complain later that you're being ignored. I mean, what's in it for us to appease to someone who already turned our back on us?

I'll leave you here to think about it...

well intresting but as you said...I have an account on your forum, even tho it´s a joke to call it a forum, it is just a mess to read, in any forum that works with game mods or similar you usally find pinned topics about latetst relaeases, problems...bugs etc...and most importent of all...updates and releases.

I have all major dlc´s so far including france, so I have tested your map and it so full of bugs, and after some searches ... reading on your forum...ohh must be a model update and we didn´t test that area beacuse it was not changed in this relase...then you have a problem..well it is a bit obvious that if you update models you will have problems else where .. but why beta test the map ...we only changed a few places ....see the problem here...
Also refeering all probems and bugs to the upcoming so called hotfix. that also takes some seraching to find.....so where is that hotfix....any serious modder would have done that as soon as possible...Promods excuse would be ...we are only a few people working on this map...
And if you even post a something releated to the topic you get told to use the search function

Well there are a few other maps oyt there..MAHPRO...released for 1.27..works like a charm without lags or fps losses...that must be hughe team.
RUSMAP, I guess a hughe team there to since the map runs on 1.27 without major fps losses or bugs.......................................

And been reading on your forum about map updates ..........been reading some of the topics for tha past year...when are those updates coming.....probably never...

And who Am i to say all this...
Well was part of a great team who developed a game to a working 1:1 simulator with hydraulics and a few motion sensors for a public place in my country.
Some forums have been set up and they are still working today as they where intended from that start.......
Probably would I guess that I have modded games, while you still where dipers, today I only mod for my self with varios games, beacuse as many of the other very talanted modders outa there you get tired of people staeling mods etc.

Finally the question you did not answer....
Adfly is the worst spreader of spy and adware...why do you decided to use that ..or is that PROMODS policy to support that...there is other and far better sites than that site to use if you need ad income!!!!

The rest of this story will continue on PROMODS site
MandelSoft
Beta tester

#3216 Post by MandelSoft » 23 Apr 2017 11:12

thfswe wrote:well intresting but as you said...I have an account on your forum, even tho it´s a joke to call it a forum, it is just a mess to read, in any forum that works with game mods or similar you usally find pinned topics about latetst relaeases, problems...bugs etc...and most importent of all...updates and releases.
thfswe wrote:And been reading on your forum about map updates ..........been reading some of the topics for tha past year...when are those updates coming.....probably never...
That's not true. We have these pinned topics. We have information about the latest releases (even some dedicated non-forum pages to it). But apparently you quickly glanced over there:
Troubleshooting: https://www.promods.net/viewforum.php?f=5
ProMods Blog: https://blog.promods.net (for all the relevant news about releases and such)
thfswe wrote:I have all major dlc´s so far including france, so I have tested your map and it so full of bugs, and after some searches ... reading on your forum...ohh must be a model update and we didn´t test that area beacuse it was not changed in this relase...then you have a problem..well it is a bit obvious that if you update models you will have problems else where .. but why beta test the map ...we only changed a few places ....see the problem here...
We keep the changes to a minimum just to keep the number of possible new bugs to a minimum. 2.16 is considered to be a minor/maintenance release (all 2.x0 releases are major releases). Since we don't change much in minor releases, we don't require much beta testing in theory. And for most maintenance releases, this usually worked quite well, but as with anything, this mod is so complex that small bugs can easily sneak in unnoticed. For instance, there is one bug where the collision of one variant of one prefab that is only used once in that setup in a location that didn't receive any changes.

The problem with this patch is that we had to convert thousands of models. Now, 99.9% were no problem. It was 1% that was corrupt, of which 5% of that was broken beyond repair and required full replacement map-wide. We had to replace those and thus we've gotten rid of some ancient models that were broken for a long time without any notification. However, this was not enough, as we found out some more undocumented changes in the game that either lead to glitches or even crashes. We tried to fix those before the release as quickly as possible, which was more difficult than it sounds; you first have to figure out what exactly goes wrong and then you have to figure out how to solve your problem. All the while the community is breathing in our neck to come with a new release because ProMods 2.15 doesn't work with the latest patch and they want to keep on playing the map with the latest patch. So with that kind of time pressure, you really want to release the map as soon as possilbe, and then there is always the risk that a few bugs slip into the game. And there are a few bugs that get reported over and over again, so it may look that there are a lot of bugs while in fact it's the same bug being reported repeatidly. Another thing is that people blame us for bugs that are caused by other mods (like Project Balkans that causing numerous invisible walls on our map areas). I don't know what your experience is with "full of bugs", but I can assure you that other maps have relatively the same amount if not more bugs.
thfswe wrote:Also refeering all probems and bugs to the upcoming so called hotfix. that also takes some seraching to find.....so where is that hotfix....any serious modder would have done that as soon as possible...Promods excuse would be ...we are only a few people working on this map...
Fixing is easy; the main problem is redistribution. We prefer to distribute the fixes in one batch instead of hotfix upon hotfix upon hotfix. Even with just a single hotfix, there are a lot of tech savvy users that have no idea how to apply the mod in-game, even when we give instructions on the download page!
thfswe wrote:And if you even post a something releated to the topic you get told to use the search function
If you get the same questions being asked ten times a day, it's no wonder you get tired of answering them, especially when one quick search would do to find your answer. We can better spend time on, you know, developing and fixing the mod than to answer the same redundant questions over and over again.
thfswe wrote:Well there are a few other maps oyt there..MAHPRO...released for 1.27..works like a charm without lags or fps losses...that must be hughe team.
RUSMAP, I guess a hughe team there to since the map runs on 1.27 without major fps losses or bugs.......................................
Well, those map mods (or most map mods in general) don't get into the same complexity levels as we do. They basically re-hashing what SCS (and FLD) gave to them, added some extra models, but do nothing extra under the hood. We, however, try to push the limits on our map and try to implement new features that other map mods don't have, such as:
  • New prefabs and road templates for each country, totalling a few hundred new items. This includes snowy roads and roads with uneven collison surfaces.
  • New sign template assets varying from new models to fonts and symbols, all tailor-made for each country.
  • >2500 new sign templates, five times more than SCS has in total.
  • Complete rebuilds from scratch of default map areas; half of Belgium and Germany is completely new.
  • Thousands of new models.
  • Hundreds of custom interchanges. (Fun fact: SCS abandoned making new single-prefab based interchanges in the France DLC because of performance issues regarding loading the prefab geometry and drawing distances).
Funny enough, both MHAPro and RusMap use some of our assets. So even if you completely despise ProMods, you can't escape it completely with these mods; they both have to thank us for something one way or another...
thfswe wrote:And who Am i to say all this...
Well was part of a great team who developed a game to a working 1:1 simulator with hydraulics and a few motion sensors for a public place in my country.
Some forums have been set up and they are still working today as they where intended from that start.......
Well, good for you. But does it include a customer service in a dozen languages serving thousands of users, while at the same time, it also has to back-end the download the mod itself? Then things get a bit more complicated...
thfswe wrote:Probably would I guess that I have modded games, while you still where dipers, today I only mod for my self with varios games, beacuse as many of the other very talanted modders outa there you get tired of people staeling mods etc.
Well, good luck with developing mods in 1992...
Please don't assume my age again, for your own sake...
thfswe wrote:Finally the question you did not answer....
Adfly is the worst spreader of spy and adware...why do you decided to use that ..or is that PROMODS policy to support that...there is other and far better sites than that site to use if you need ad income!!!!

The rest of this story will continue on PROMODS site
Nothing is really for free on the internet. Every website has to generate income one way or another to keep up the server. We could've hidden ProMods behind a pay wall, but we've always offered a free alternative. But even with the free alternative, we have to generate some income to cover the costs of our quite beefy dedicated server (and that ain't cheap). Adfly only harms if you actually click on these dodgy advertisements. And if you don't like that, there's always Adblock.

I think we're done talking here, sir.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.
Evil_Jason

#3217 Post by Evil_Jason » 29 Apr 2017 15:56

You did an incredible job creating this impressive map.

But I am missing one connection:

In Austria, the motorway A10 between Klagenfurt and Salzburg

I would totaly appreciate it, when that motorway is added in the next big update.
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
Highflyernl

#3218 Post by Highflyernl » 29 Apr 2017 16:23

The A10 is on their wishlist, but it's not their priority. Remember, progress is pretty slow, so don't expect that in the next year or so:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10525&start=370
Cajun_Man0001

#3219 Post by Cajun_Man0001 » 30 Apr 2017 10:18

SlavikSD wrote:@Cajun_Man0001, try the mod. Maybe you will like it.
Sorry it took so long to get back, computer issues. But this did the trick. I can go to Portsmouth without it crashing. :)
EarthMover

#3220 Post by EarthMover » 09 May 2017 13:53

Great job again with 2.16, been enjoyed it a lot. Quick question, can i create new def file and just put it in without losing save games/causing other problems? I would like to try louder volume settings etc.
Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Asus P8P67-M | Kingston 16GB DDR3 | W10 | Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Devices: Oculus Rift CV1, Logitech G27, Almar Scania SKRS shifter, Gametrix Jetseat. RL Ride: Scania R500 Streamline

Return to “Maps”