AI headlights mod v1.28

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
Llewelyn

AI headlights mod v1.28

#1 Post by Llewelyn » 24 Jul 2017 20:10

Headlight mod like my old one but working :)

Now updated for 1.35 - I think I have all the new vehicles. If you find any AI vehicles with silly short light beams, and can identify them, let me know and I'll chase 'em.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhm5l378i055h ... 5.scs?dl=0

replace any older version in your mod directory/disable in mod manager.

---------------

NOTE: this is nothing to do with flares. It modifies the light spread on the road in front of AI vehicles to a more realistic look, matching the truck low beam.

This is something that SCS have always got wrong, although I suspect I know why: if you have the AI lights illuminating the road they also tend to illuminate the inside of the cab, not all that likely especially if you're towing a box trailer :D

somehow, the back of the cab is transparent to headlights, it seems. However, I still prefer having credible looking lights on the road - stock, they look like someone turned the headlamp adjustment all the way down so it only shines about 10 yards.
Last edited by Llewelyn on 01 Sep 2019 13:26, edited 1 time in total.

Llewelyn

Re: AI headlights mod v1.28

#2 Post by Llewelyn » 24 Jul 2017 20:12

This image is the same as before. However that's OK because functionally, so's the mod :)

Llewelyn

#3 Post by Llewelyn » 25 Jul 2017 21:58

Apologies, that stupid Solera car has it in for me.

If you already downloaded this, please download it again and overwrite the one you already have. The name was wrong in the Solera files, now corrected.

Blackspots

#4 Post by Blackspots » 26 Jul 2017 04:03

Llewelyn, where do you find that advisor mod like that? Most have it as a single line across the screen.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

Bagnio

#5 Post by Bagnio » 27 Jul 2017 03:35

I am using "Realistic headlights alternative version" and "realistic headlight range." Can I disable those and use this one?

Llewelyn

#6 Post by Llewelyn » 28 Jul 2017 12:42

If those mods affect YOUR headlights only, there's no need. I have a different mod for that job. The mod above is ONLY the AI lights, and should work with other mods provided they don't touch the AI. Either that, or putting mine higher up the list should give it priority.

Llewelyn

#7 Post by Llewelyn » 28 Jul 2017 12:48

Sadly the RA mod stopped working. I don't know if it's been updated. it came from "Route Advisor Mod Collection v4.5 [ETS2 v1.22¡­] " and the mods are all called KAAC-something There were a whole bunch of them, you picked the one that gave the style you wanted.

Try viewtopic.php?f=34&t=157951#p264082 it's changed to version 4.7 so might be working (I must look ;) )

Looks like there is a version for ETS2 1.27/ATS 1.6 look at the end of that thread. Just going to see if it works :)

[edit] the updated for 1.27/1.6 version works fine here on latest 1.28 beta. It doesn't include this text from the earlier readme, though, which kinda tells you what is what in the different options. You just copy the one you want to your mod folder. :

Code: Select all

¤ý Added [Keep Aspect All Center(KAAC) Option]
¤ý Added [General Small Map(GSM), Ordinary Normal Map(ONM), Special Big Map(SBM) Option]
¤ý Added [Center Bottom, Center Top, Right Edge, Right Top Option]
¤ý Added [1 Line Text Bottom(1LTB), 1 Line Text Top(1LTT) Option]
¤ý Added [3 Line Text Bottom(3LTB), 3 Line Text Top(3LTT) Option]
¤ý Added [No Frame(NF), With Frame(WF) Option]
¤ý Added [Map Black Background(MBB), Map Clear Background(MCB) Option]
¤ý Added [Text Black Background(TBB), Text Clear Background(TCB) Option]
¤ý MBB & TBB(half transparency), Running Line Position(Center Middle)
¤ý Added [First F3 key(With Map), Second F3 key(No Map) Function]
¤ý F6 ¡­ F8 Window [With Frame -> No Frame]
¤ý 200 KAAC Mods[GSM(80) + ONM(80) + SBM(40)]
¤ý Total 200 Mods(Please use only the one mod that you like)

¡Ø F2 Mirror Mod Deletion
   Delete hud_left.sii and hud_right.sii in ui Folder
¡Ø ui Folder is in *.scs file.(Please use WinRAR)

HTH

Spectracon

#8 Post by Spectracon » 29 Jul 2017 04:23

Awesome mod man, we've been needing this for a ling time! One question though, is it possible to increase the pop in range for the light beams from the vehicles? They seem to pop in within like 100 yards. It just ruins the immersion. Of course this is clearly SCS's range they set because even without your mod (vanilla save) its the same pop in range, Its just that its more apparent with your mod since the headlight beams range is much larger. Cheers man.
Kenworth W900

Llewelyn

#9 Post by Llewelyn » 29 Jul 2017 17:05

I never found out how to do that, and yes, it would be better. I'm convinced the AI headlights are defined centrally somewhere, but I can't find where. This mod uses the old-fashioned way, of defining the lights in each vehicle's sii file.

Llewelyn

#10 Post by Llewelyn » 04 Aug 2017 16:04

If you go in the config file and make

Code: Select all

uset g_light_span_factor "4"
uset g_light_distance_factor "4"
the lights and illuminated signs are visible further off. There's a setting for light_span but it's not clear to me what that does, except if you set light distance using in-game options to "low", both of those settings are 0.25. If you set "high" they are 1. I set them both to 4, but the fade-in point for the light beams remains the same, somewhere about 200m I would guess.

Return to “Traffic”