WHY!!!!!

DaStig

Re: WHY!!!!!

#11 Post by DaStig » 06 Aug 2017 11:52

SiSL wrote: 06 Aug 2017 05:06Not always.
Same here, all the stuff I ever made public is on my dropbox: no nonsense, no adds, just fast & easy download. If you find any stuff I made outside my dropbox, it's uploaded there by someone else, not me ...

DaStig
Last edited by DaStig on 06 Aug 2017 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
Member of GTM Team | ETS2 Screenshots | ATS Screenshots | Flickr | Facebook
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | MSI B450M Mortar | GTX 1070Ti 8GB | Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM | 3x SSD Samsung 850 Pro 250GB | Dell UtraSharp 27" U2719D

[ external image ]
CobraBlue6

#12 Post by CobraBlue6 » 06 Aug 2017 13:51

Moh1336 wrote: 06 Aug 2017 09:16 I've noticed in the past couple of weeks that Sharemods has become even sketchier. Now It is force opening new windows (regardless of my adblock, ublock, pop-up settings)
I noticed this as well. I stopped it by totally disabling javascript on sharemods.com
Wolfi
Beta tester

#13 Post by Wolfi » 06 Aug 2017 14:03

Yeah I admit, I use Sharemods primarilly, because it's easy to upload and manage stuff and it rarely breaks on me (and yeah, the tiny tip I'm getting from each download is enuff to fund me a nice cold beer from time to time, for all my work :P ). I used to use Mediafire, but I noticed that it blocked some files for no apparent reason and at least for me it throws out quite a few weird adds (despite beeing blocked by multiple Chrome addons), while Sharemods doesn't.
At some point in the near future tho, I plan to switch entirely to Steam (probably when SCS drops down support for non-Steam game versions). I'm making less and less mods (not really sure why I make them really :? ), so I can deal with the inconveniences of it... I guess.
At the same time... I only use non-Steam mods (I also count here mods downloaded through Steam and moved manually to mod folder :P ), because... fuzzbutt :P
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Blackspots

#14 Post by Blackspots » 06 Aug 2017 16:45

You should just block the IP server address for Sharemods in your router. It's what I do (there's already another thread on this). Also, I think why people hate Steam and everything related to it is because they're worried big brother is watching them.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
SiSL
SCS Software

#15 Post by SiSL » 06 Aug 2017 17:19

ShirBlackspots wrote: 06 Aug 2017 16:45 because they're worried big brother is watching them.
[DUMBVTC]pwnz0458 is worried about CIA & NSA might be interested and use him for his trucking skillZ!

(or may be they should not install anything not open source, including this game, who knows, may be Checz Intelligence might be tracking him too , I think everyone thinks they are Kevin Mitnick in their pyjamas)

PS: And ATS users don't have that excuse I guess :)
Reef

#16 Post by Reef » 06 Aug 2017 17:42

People worried about big brother and yet there they are using the internet and mobile phones and walking down the high street with surveillance cameras everywhere and let's not mention the keyhole satellites, but yeah that's not the problem, Steam is LUL!
SiSL
SCS Software

#17 Post by SiSL » 06 Aug 2017 17:43

Yeah, everyone has smart phones now with both side front and back "survaillence cams" with full time GPS, Siri is listening their talks all day, and love selfies and stuff , yet uuuuh, big brotha' watchin' us gaming bro' :D
aradeth

#18 Post by aradeth » 06 Aug 2017 19:03

Ad-free Dropbox and GDrive have download limits.
Other file hosters with lots of ads are free and don't have dl limits. They have to show the ads to maintain the site. It's that simple.

For example Dropbox has 20gb daily dl limit and GDrive has 1.25 gb. If i upload my 165 mb VNL mod to dropbox it allows only 121 dls per day. It's like a joke compared to filehosters with ads. I already explained this on other twin whining topic but the same people ignore it. A forum classic.

Btw people who use dropbox and GDrive act like they're elites of the forum. This is a new trend here. Don't judge the people only from your limited perspective on this situation. There are reasons to use those hosters with ads.
DaStig

#19 Post by DaStig » 06 Aug 2017 19:40

aradeth wrote: 06 Aug 2017 19:03Btw people who use dropbox and GDrive act like they're elites of the forum. This is a new trend here. Don't judge the people only from your limited perspective on this situation. There are reasons to use those hosters with ads.
Not really, the main reason for me to use a dropbox, is that is automatically syncs with a folder on my computer. Update or add something to the folder on my computer, and it's updated online also. And also, for the skins I made, a dropbox is more than big enough. Things get different for bigger mods, such as your Volvo of course.

On the other hand, you're right about DL-limits on GoogleDrive and Dropbox, but I never experienced any problems with that at all. Recently I signed up for a TransIP account (www.transip.com), which offers an add-free storage space of 1TB !! ... not sure if it's available in every country though and there will be DL-limits also (haven't seen them yet). I use it for offline backups of data (as an emergency backup).
Member of GTM Team | ETS2 Screenshots | ATS Screenshots | Flickr | Facebook
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | MSI B450M Mortar | GTX 1070Ti 8GB | Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM | 3x SSD Samsung 850 Pro 250GB | Dell UtraSharp 27" U2719D

[ external image ]
Axel Slingerland

#20 Post by Axel Slingerland » 06 Aug 2017 20:03

ShirBlackspots wrote: 06 Aug 2017 16:45 ...is because they're worried big brother is watching them.
[conspiracy_theory]Anyone who is worried about whether big brother is watching them or not should watch themselves carefully, because big brother IS watching everyone, and they have been since the Internet was made public. The Internet is the largest surveillance network ever introduced.[/conspiracy_theory]

The question is, what if this isn't just a conspiracy theory? What if it's actually true? [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers

Return to “General discussion about the game”