Are you willing to pay for a upgrade of the base map?

How much are you willing to pay?

0 - not interested
4%
0 - I think we shouldn't have to pay
17%
Less than £5
6%
£5 -£10
15%
£10 - £15
25%
£15 - £20
33%

Total votes: 269

Prince

Re: Are you willing to pay for a upgrade of the base map?

#71 Post by Prince » 09 Jul 2017 20:26

CARL1992 wrote: 24 Jun 2017 15:42 they would have to go through all the licensing again for all trucks that are in ETS2 and the trucks that are finished but not approved

i think we can wait a long time before ETS3 so i hope they update ETS2 as long as it is possible
This unfortunately.

Plus, they have "just" released ATS. I don't think they would have invested the resources and money in the 10+ years it will take them to finish USA if they had a ETS3 on the horizon. I've seen statements from staff where they say they are going to rebuild Germany because almost all the junctions on the highways are wrong, fix graphics, performance and so on in the base map, but I don't see that coming either.

I honestly don't understand how they are going to make money on this old simulator anymore. But I have said that for years now and they are still here, so they obviously have something up their sleeve.
xXCARL1992Xx

#72 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 09 Jul 2017 20:29

they make the money with the game itself and the small (paintjobs) game changer (new features like heavy haul) and big DLCs (mp pack) money, and the sales too bringe little money in
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Shurpecks

#73 Post by Shurpecks » 10 Jul 2017 09:30

Yes, i'll pay with big pleasure. I've paid twice for UK map (UK truck simulator and did saw same map in ETS2), paid three times for German map (GTS, GTS Austria edition and ETS2.In ETS1 German map was bassicaly same by the way, just less cities) and now to read about some "conscience"? Funny.

If it's embarrassing to take money straight and need to stop all others projects for a year or more, just need to do little step by step.
For example first do a "Harbour DLC" to make harbours of Amsterdam, Rotterdam and finnaly to add Antwerpen in scale 1:5 with all harbour infrastucture and under this "sauce" rework Benelux. Also in this case can start from north Germany (i mean Hamburg, Bremen, Rostock and to add Lubeck). It'll help to make a good coridor from France to Scandinavia across reworked Belgium and Netherlands and reworked A1 in Germany. After that to do some "Irish-Scotish" DLC and rework UK base and than to do "Alpine roads DLC" or something similar (add some new "view" roads like Grossglokner/Hochalpen strasse, to do normal tunnel across Montblanc and zone around with new cityes) or just to pick up liitle price on DLC "Italia" or to do the same or in Alpine DLC just rework all "DAS" countryes with new roads on the south of Germany.

But, personally i think that need to rework Hungary immidiately, it's just a disaster IMO and no one from Hungarian players didn't say nothing in the forum here (or i just didn't found in search). Compare how beautiful they did Slovakia! And it's the same DLC by the way. The Budapest bypass road, some sea containers and port warehouses in such "sea harbour" cities like Debrecen and Szeged, terrible problems with traffic in Pecs are some strange houses everywhere, which are simply piled up, without any logic even the part, which was added later (IRL houses other there is more like those in the eastern part of the Czech Republic just usually white or beige color).

Of course have PM and you can just sit and wait when they do everything themselves. But I think this is wrong. Devs often demonstrate that they listen to the fans and remake some things (like the Belgian paintjob for example) and Hungary on the map of ETS2 is small and they could do it quickly.
Rhythmosaur

#74 Post by Rhythmosaur » 12 Aug 2017 22:55

Rhythmosaur wrote: 05 Jan 2017 15:44 [...]
They would update Northern Italy and maybe Switzerland and Austria for free, while getting the cash for the improvement via the Bella Italia DLC (that's just the name I'd choose; I have no inside knowledge). So while more DLCs hit the market, piece by piece, the old map would be updated, too.
[...]
[
For the record, I still maintain I had no inside knowledge there. The idea however is almost compulsive as it fits to "Vive la France", describes the country precisely and maybe our developers really watch closer than we are aware :lol:

And back to the topic, my guess about their strategy seems to be correct.
Hire Kriechbaum!, please!
Stuferus

#75 Post by Stuferus » 13 Aug 2017 01:48

stop the ets3 discussion.. there will be no ets3.. this is just to get scs to redo germany, belgium, nederlands, austria, swiss, luxemburg, lichtenstein and the uk.. but most important for me.. redo germany.. even if it is a donation or payed for patch.. i dont care.. please take my money and redo the german autobahn already. thank you.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#76 Post by Flemming V » 13 Aug 2017 06:19

Stuferus wrote: 13 Aug 2017 01:48 stop the ets3 discussion.. there will be no ets3..
No, many does not even know that ETS3 and ETS4 are already in ETS2, next implementation will be ETS5 in ETS2.. Amazing work over the last 5 years so fare..
pigbrother

#77 Post by pigbrother » 13 Aug 2017 06:25

Very... poetic, Flemming V.

Indeed, I can't remember a game that changed so much over the years, save for subscription based MMOs, where the business model and development cycle are different.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
ThunderSky

#78 Post by ThunderSky » 13 Aug 2017 06:31

Why do i have to pay again for the base map?
If I do, i will spend 40€ (20€ old base + 20€ new base).
Who buy ets after this, will pay only 20€. And the same if relesed with dlc, no.

Just play promods.. it's free.
pigbrother

#79 Post by pigbrother » 13 Aug 2017 06:40

You don't pay again for the base map, you pay for a new base map. Or you can enjoy Promods for free, as you like.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
ThunderSky

#80 Post by ThunderSky » 13 Aug 2017 06:45

This no make sense..

Not all of us have 1000€ every month to spend.
And just to pay again the same thing, no make sense.

Return to “General discussion about the game”