Are you willing to pay for a upgrade of the base map?

How much are you willing to pay?

0 - not interested
4%
0 - I think we shouldn't have to pay
17%
Less than £5
6%
£5 -£10
15%
£10 - £15
25%
£15 - £20
33%

Total votes: 269

JUseeTV

Re: Are you willing to pay for a upgrade of the base map?

#91 Post by JUseeTV » 13 Aug 2017 09:46

@ThunderSky
Because with this patch this branch would be removed and to avoid that you would have to play in offline mode because then you wouldn't recive the 1.29 update and you still could play on temporary branch 1.17
I am not giving any sort of support, requests or Q&A through private messages, such messages will be ignored. Please use the appropriate topics, they are there for a reason.
ThunderSky

#92 Post by ThunderSky » 13 Aug 2017 09:50

Ah, but you mean Steam Offline mode?
I was thinking to MP etc lel.
JUseeTV

#93 Post by JUseeTV » 13 Aug 2017 09:55

Yes Moh an I were talking about steam offline mode
I am not giving any sort of support, requests or Q&A through private messages, such messages will be ignored. Please use the appropriate topics, they are there for a reason.
Rhythmosaur

#94 Post by Rhythmosaur » 13 Aug 2017 10:10

JUseeTV wrote: 13 Aug 2017 09:40 When I read through all posts in this topic a idea came to my mind: Why not upgrading part by part of the base map for example they start in the west of Germany and the west of the UK and then with the next or the after next patch for example the north of Germany/UK (...)
It appears, in a way they just do that. When I entered this discussion HERE I speculated, based on what they did when VLF! came out, that they might proceed in the very same way, thereby updating the old map bit by bit in the process. Now with the announcement of Bella Italia, it seems my guess back then is at least not too far off: Again we will have the standard part of Italy updated for free. It has been argued that more central and isolated parts, say Netherlands or the UK still present a problem for this strategy. But, hey, we also have isolated spaces for new DLC. For example, if they do (another prediction of mine?) "Viva España!, which is a rather large chunk, especially if it includes Portugal, and which borders a DLC only, couldn't they update the UK (or a part of it, say Scotland), in the process for free?

I think this strategy works, and I am pretty sure SCS has one or more plans in the drawer about how they gonna do this. From their conduct so far, I am confident that it will be an equally mutually satisfying solution as their current strategy.
Hire Kriechbaum!, please!
JUseeTV

#95 Post by JUseeTV » 13 Aug 2017 10:16

I agree with you this maybe the strategy how they will do it for example for the UK Ireland DLC and UK upgrade for all or for the Netherlands maybe Texel and a few more cities and upgrade for all and for Germany maybe more roads and cities and as said before upgrade for all
Lombra

#96 Post by Lombra » 13 Aug 2017 10:48

Moh1336 wrote: 13 Aug 2017 09:31 It's entirely possible that the next update (1.29) will drop temporary branch 1.17 (Scandinavia DLC update) so people would literally have to play in offline mode all the time. Unless SCS decide to keep that branch. If I am honest, I think SCS are really generous with the amount of "old branches" they keep alive. I would be tempted to drop it to only the last 5.
What's significant about 1.17 that people would want to use it?
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#97 Post by Mohegan13 » 13 Aug 2017 11:01

I posted a similar thing on Steam earlier but I will post it here.

IF SCS decide to update old Europe, we already know it will be free and use a dedicated map team if they do, but IF they do I imagine the UK and Germany will be the last parts to be updated outside of central land locked European countries like Switzerland.

Once Italia is released SCS only really have 2 DLC map options left open to them, Balkans and Ireland. This is because every other location will require DLC to DLC connections, although they might be able to squeeze in Finland.

So in what order would you do it? While MAP DLC team works on Balkans, free upgrade team would work on the Eastern most countries that aren't DLC. So Austria, Czech, parts of Poland that were in base. Upgrade these countries and then add in options to by-pass Go East for people who want Baltic states DLC but not Go East DLC. This alone will offer SCS more map DLC expansion options. From Balkans, through Ukraine, and even potentially Romania.

After which looking at minor updates to 'free' France would be the next step to include a rail export depot in some locations such as Paris, and Dijon, to offer transport to Spain and by-passes the need for France DLC. In theory the UK could use the Plymouth port to access Spain & Portugal as well. But that wouldn't require an update to do as it already exists for the France connection.

Like wise we could potentially see a Finland DLC by using the Rostock port, and if SCS were feeling really generous add Gdansk to the base map for the extra port connection. Finland also has the possibility of adding Northern Scandinavia with it if SCS feel generous on their map offerings.

Once those areas are done, the remaining original Euro-map countries can begin getting a free overhaul purely for the visual improvements.

I mean yes, they could always force DLC map purchase for future map packs, but I really don't think that is something they want to do. With ATS they have the rail export companies that could easily be used to by-pass missing DLC states, and if that is their plan, it makes sense to update European countries in the same way. It wouldn't need mass updates, so much as adding ports/rail in appropriate cities near the boarders. But the affected countries may as well get a general update along with the additions.

At this point I really think any base map upgrades are going to go hand in hand with DLC to DLC connectivity options.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Rhythmosaur

#98 Post by Rhythmosaur » 13 Aug 2017 11:06

I couldn't quite follow Mohi there either. If you can (are allowed to), please, elaborate. In the meantime I have done some homework: I exhumed the announcement of 1.17 Beta in the Blog, summarizing the changes coming with the update, alongside the announcement of Scandinavia. That was Thursday, April 16, 2015. and still seems like it was yesterday. Doesn't time fly?

http://blog.scssoft.com/2015/04/beta-up ... ublic.html

EDIT: Disregard, Mohi, We were busy typing at the same time, so you already explained.
Hire Kriechbaum!, please!
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#99 Post by Mohegan13 » 13 Aug 2017 11:15

Lombra wrote: 13 Aug 2017 10:48 What's significant about 1.17 that people would want to use it?
1.17 is the last version of the game that was possible to use Promods without requiring purchase of the Scandinavia DLC that came with 1.17.1, following on from previous replies.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
xXCARL1992Xx

#100 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 13 Aug 2017 11:58

why doesnt SCS just put Going East and Scandinavia into ETS2 and sell it as bundle for say 25€ so that, when you but ETS2 as a new user, you get Going East and Scandinavia with the basegame

and the DLC dependence is nearly non existent
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”