Are you willing to pay for a upgrade of the base map?

How much are you willing to pay?

0 - not interested
4%
0 - I think we shouldn't have to pay
17%
Less than £5
6%
£5 -£10
15%
£10 - £15
25%
£15 - £20
33%

Total votes: 269

thebigbadonion

Re: Are you willing to pay for a upgrade of the base map?

#111 Post by thebigbadonion » 13 Aug 2017 15:31

Personally, I would be more than happy to pay for a remake of the vanilla map. I've always been quite vocal about this though. The original map was fine on release. SCS was a small company and cutting corners by reusing old game maps, and quickly putting together the rest of Europe was necessary to actually get the game out in a reasonable time frame. But as time has gone on, new DLC has come out and the game has evolved massively. One major drawback to the experience at this point is the map. SCS have absolutely committed to a long term development plan for the game, and want to develop both ETS 2 and ATS simultaneously and have them more as "sister" games rather than one being a direct sequel to the other. In their vanilla states, right now there's such a gap between the 2. ATS is made up mostly in this new mapping style we've been seeing since Scandinavia, and ETS 2, really does feel like its the much older game that it is. I've gotten to the point where I can't enjoy the game without a map mod such as promods. Which always introduces bugs and other issues.

As for the Spain DLC thing. what would be so hard about including one of the roads through France with the vanilla game, and just activating it when either DLC is present?
Scaniadriver1

#112 Post by Scaniadriver1 » 13 Aug 2017 15:38

as long as not a new laptop is needed because of bigger system requirements - why not?
more miles to ride and chill after work.not to forget its helps them to when their products are buyed.to be honest i dont have any skin dlcs but all other stuff definetly.
spend so much money on playstation games (those are rotting now in the living room cabinet lol)so this definetly no problem.their dlcs are also not really expensive too and have quality also....so hell yeah im in too
Reef

#113 Post by Reef » 13 Aug 2017 15:47

Let's face it the base map looked outdated and out of place ever since the Going East release even.

It was my biggest disappointment when I bought ETS2 (at launch) that they'd re-used the poor quality UKTS map, I was hoping that the small fuel stations would have been removed from the Motorways (as there are none like that in the whole of the UK as it's illegal) the M4/M5 interchange was still completely wrong (the M4 is one continuous Motorway from start to end not chopped in half at the M5) no tolls on the Severn crossing or Dartford crossing, no M6 toll road, no M42/A42 linking the M5 to the M1, and a 101 other things.

But we'll just have to hope that they'll "eventually" get around to updating all of the base map.

And I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for people complaining they can't play the game on a social media tool (which is what the majority of laptops are) It's a PC game not a mobile app after all!
Scaniadriver1

#114 Post by Scaniadriver1 » 13 Aug 2017 15:57

can imagine what you think especially when you are from a country which is on the map too...i am from austria(wels) not so a small place with more towns as in the base game so no problem with it.i am happy what i have lol.

the laptop thing,yeah youre right...but when you look a little on the technical side it works too.ok no full hd nasa graphics set but 26gb of stuff works but thats another story and not for this thread lol
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#115 Post by Mohegan13 » 13 Aug 2017 16:01

Reef wrote: 13 Aug 2017 15:47I was hoping that the small fuel stations would have been removed from the Motorways (as there are none like that in the whole of the UK as it's illegal)
I've debated many times putting that on MANTIS as feedback. But I don't see anything being done about it unless a UK rework happens.

Another little niggle I have with that prefab is that on single lane roads, the AI indicate the wrong way when leaving. Unless I am mistaken the exit of this type of prefab should be like a junction. Indicate left (UK) if you want to travel in a forward direction and right to go in the opposite. AI however treat it like a slip road exit, they indicate right at all times regardless of direction of travel.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Reinhard

#116 Post by Reinhard » 13 Aug 2017 16:05

The only interesting question is: will there be a re-worked map? The only weak hint that I see is that SCS never did anything to pimp the old parts up in the slightest, not even replacing vegetation, reaching the quality of the new one in Scandinavia and France. If they don't have any big plans for the central oldest parts of the map, I'd would have expected at least this.

If it would be a DLC I don't mind, and if a future Spain-DLC wouldn't work without France? Why should I care? Putting a warning on the Steam shop page should be enough. Anyone who's not able to understand why, should get himself a globe of Europe, for intense study. Complainers will complain anyway, about this one or another, it's hard-coded in the DNA.
Last edited by Reinhard on 13 Aug 2017 17:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reef

#117 Post by Reef » 13 Aug 2017 16:07

Moh1336 wrote: 13 Aug 2017 16:01 I've debated many times putting that on MANTIS as feedback.
You and me both buddy.
Moh1336 wrote: 13 Aug 2017 16:01 Another little niggle I have with that prefab is that on single lane roads, the AI indicate the wrong way when leaving. Unless I am mistaken the exit of this type of prefab should be like a junction. Indicate left (UK) if you want to travel in a forward direction and right to go in the opposite. AI however treat it like a slip road exit, they indicate right at all times regardless of direction of travel.
Yeah I'd noticed that as well and yes you're right you would indicate to the right pulling out (unless you were turning left out of there oc but SCS decided all our fuel stations are one way only for some reason)
TruckerPat12

#118 Post by TruckerPat12 » 13 Aug 2017 18:14

In my opinion, the biggest thing, that would need to be fixed in Germany is the "Frankfurter Kreuz"-Highway-Intercection south of Frankfurt. It is the biggest of it's kind in all of Europe and should be in the game. For that to work of course the A3-connection between Frankfurt and Cologne needs to be added. This connection should habe been there all along, since it is one of the most traveled roads in all of Europe. It was just expanded IRL. I know there are a lot of mods, that take care of the issue, but I prefer SCS-maps and I am willing to pay for a re-work.
Stuferus

#119 Post by Stuferus » 13 Aug 2017 18:50

a rebuild of the vanilla map would also lower accient count in the multiplayer mod and help if scs makes it multiplayer them self..
its a real pain to change lane every time an exit comes in vanilla germany right not.. thats why i if i play singleplayer use promods..

i would really love to see germany aka the vanilla map rebuild. :)

if scs would have a donation link they had no money problems.. there are many of us - im sure, that would not only pay for the vanila rebuild but also love to help (offtopic) with the truck licenses to get the new renault and man ingame (/offtopic).
mira666

#120 Post by mira666 » 18 Aug 2017 17:20

a few months ago I was all for a free upgrade of the vanilla map, having now immersed myself in the VLF DLC for several months I find myself driving there more than anywhere else simply for the improved graphics and the more realistic road layout. I would quite happily now pay for an improvement of the base map (whether its via crowd funding or DLC or both)
ETS2 and ATS Vanilla Gamer 2012-Now

Return to “General discussion about the game”