Trade Connections event

jaws

Trade Connections event

#1 Post by jaws » 01 Sep 2017 14:08

Hello, i like to ask, whats the point in doing your new event when your just going to add it later as a buy DLC? :roll:

Link http://blog.scssoft.com/
8-) I am Always on latest patch.
Forum TUT! SCS Support->-> support@scssoft.com
I dont use mods....(Or maybe i will soon again..)
Carthoo

Re: Trade Connections event

#2 Post by Carthoo » 01 Sep 2017 14:22

You can buy it as of yesterday from other players, if you want. Those who dont want to pay, can get it for completing events objective.

Actually I probably dont understand the sense of your question...its the same as in many other games. Do the event, or buy it, or ignore it completely - its players choice.
Fluent in a few languages, sarcasm and irony included. /truth on - currently overloaded, sorry for not answering your PMs - will do so once I got some time

"I can confirm by denial. What's your superpower?"
piva

#3 Post by piva » 01 Sep 2017 16:01

If I complete this event. Can I complete it else more that one time, for sell penats on Steam?
johnporter29

#4 Post by johnporter29 » 04 Sep 2017 21:19

Where does it say that the items or whatever your talking about is going to be sold in/as a DLC?

The thing I get from that article is that they are working on the next major update to WoT and that the event uses the Steam Inventory System to add items into the game, these then can be sold via Steam if you don't want them.
johnporter29
Owner/Player of Euro Truck Simulator 2 & it's American brother!
PC: i9 9900K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070, 1TB M.2 (NVMe) SSD, 512GB SSD, Seagate 2TB, MSI 34" Curved 100MHz 1440p Monitor
Belan

#5 Post by Belan » 04 Sep 2017 22:15

jaws wrote: 01 Sep 2017 14:08 Hello, i like to ask, whats the point in doing your new event when your just going to add it later as a buy DLC? :roll:

Link http://blog.scssoft.com/
I have to ask, why slap a gift horse in the mouth?
Your bad English is a lot better than Google Translate
Axel Slingerland

#6 Post by Axel Slingerland » 05 Sep 2017 02:45

It's human nature to ask questions. Why do you ask? [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Sora

#7 Post by Sora » 05 Sep 2017 07:07

To my awareness, it's not being added as DLC. It uses the Steam Community, which is a slightly different community-based service that's quite a bit more of a hassle to deal with. Essentially, rather than buying it from the Steam Store, you purchase it from other players who have completed the event (and in doing so they lose access to the content, as though there's a finite amount of them.)

Completing the event has three purposes.
-It increases the amount of these items in circulation.
--This does not inherently lower the overall value of these items as long as they are not actively being circulated, but it does mean that there's more potential for them to be traded in the future.
-It allows you to sell these items for a small profit, if you decide you do not want them in the future.
-It allows you to save some of the money it would cost to buy the full set, if you decide that you want to collect these items.
--Because of the two combined, you can buy and resell them on a whim unlike normal DLC, although as some money is lost due to fees this is typically not optimal unless you're smart/lucky enough to capitalize on price fluctuations.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#8 Post by Mohegan13 » 05 Sep 2017 08:17

jaws wrote: 01 Sep 2017 14:08 whats the point in doing your new event when your just going to add it later as a buy DLC? :roll:
They can't sell it as DLC even if they wanted to. All the content is in the base game. :lol:
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
jaws

#9 Post by jaws » 06 Sep 2017 09:24

You have to be real stupid if you buy these on steam.
8-) I am Always on latest patch.
Forum TUT! SCS Support->-> support@scssoft.com
I dont use mods....(Or maybe i will soon again..)
MazTrucker

#10 Post by MazTrucker » 06 Sep 2017 09:43

Well I got lucky.
I completed the event and got the France gold pennant which costs 2,79 euros on the steam market currently.
I won't sell it tho.
But I'm wondering, did I get really lucky or does it always give the pennant of our country? also gold one, as there is non gold pennants too.
I got the UK and Poland normal pennants, which I'll sell.
Do you think the prices will go up once the event is closed? I don't know if I should wait or not.

Return to “General discussion about the game”