Wishlists Megathread

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#2221 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 Oct 2017 09:00

im entitled to my opinion

i dont want to buy a shed only to pay 180k again so i can assign drives to it, it is useless
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Grimples

#2222 Post by Grimples » 29 Oct 2017 09:38

Post deleted, please keep it civil, thanks.
Last edited by Reef on 29 Oct 2017 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reason in post
Trident R.S.

#2223 Post by Trident R.S. » 29 Oct 2017 10:05

Agree with Grimples, but i prefer a new one-slot garage with a better look, maybe with a house at the side of a garage that dont look like a ruined ex military shelter.
bobgrey1997

#2224 Post by bobgrey1997 » 29 Oct 2017 10:29

I think they only want it as a fast travel target. If you already own your home garage, the only reason to buy another is to hire drivers. A single won't do you much good. The only good thing about the tiny one is it would be cheaper. So, if you only buy garages for fast traveling, why pay so much for a triple when you have no use for the space?
Well, you see, this is a TRUCK game. A game about DRIVING TRUCKS, not teleporting them. Garages are bought to store trucks for your drivers. A tiny garage will be useless. If you only want it because you only want to hire one driver, upgrading to a triple and leaving one space empty will still be cheaper than buying a single.
Carl and I "criticised" it because as you request it, we request against it. It is like saying "no", but with a reason, rather than just "no".
Grimples

#2225 Post by Grimples » 29 Oct 2017 10:45

You wont be paying full price for a tiny garage, you will be paying the equivalent of one slot, extra slots will cost you more, buying one slot at a time is what i am really asking for. I kinda like those scruffy little garages & yards, it brings back memories from my very mischevious childhood :twisted:

No good saying sorry when something is done but still... my apologies to Carl for being so abrupt.
bobgrey1997

#2226 Post by bobgrey1997 » 29 Oct 2017 11:41

Actually, what is the "equivalent of one slot" According to the $180,000 to buy a new, 3-spot garage, that makes each slot cost $60,000 If you upgrade your current garage, it also (apparently) cost $180,000, to add two slots. That is $90,000. So, the tiny garage will likely cost $45,000 under that idea. However, I highly doubt they would be made that cheap, probably still at least $100,000. Even then, I would hate to buy a new garage and have it only be a single spot. I saw a thread a while back, I think on Steam, that was talking about having a garage in every city. I came up with an idea there: multiple garages in each city and some in the middle of nowhere in between. This would create variety (seeing garages in a variety of environments), create an appearance of more companies based in the area (it could look like those garage may be owned by them, even though they, obviously, aren't), and it would offer more options (you can own a garage in the commercial district, downtown, suburbs, etc. of a city or even not in a city at all). If they did this, I would be okay with many of them being single-space. With the singles looking rural anyway, it would be nice to see some of them in a farm area or in a wooded area. Also, they could add different models of each size so that you can chose one that you like the look of.
LeafeonGold

#2227 Post by LeafeonGold » 29 Oct 2017 12:12

I wouldnt mind having the ability to buy the tiny garage for sleeping and teleporting, actually.

It would be pretty useful, since often I only populate 4 garages, and any other i get for fast travel and fuel are empty. Plus, I could save that 180,000 euro for all my rediculous show trucks. :lol:
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW |//| 32GB RAM
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens
San_Sany4

#2228 Post by San_Sany4 » 29 Oct 2017 13:21

I would like to buy small garages, too. I really like how they look like. I don't hire drivers so I don't need all this space. I don't teleport, but I like to change trucks often.
My World of Trucks profile. My Steam profile.
ETS2 since 1.4, ATS since 1.0. Vanilla player.
Ilmiont

#2229 Post by Ilmiont » 30 Oct 2017 09:14

How about another spin on the idea... lots of companies IRL don't have their own garages, they just rent out spaces in communal vehicle yards. This isn't really in the game at all yet. In the future SCS could add "yards" to the game, where you can rent out spaces for a recurring fee. This would let you get established more quickly at the start of the game and give you options if you just want to park a few trucks in a certain area.

Some of these yards might be just small areas with a few spaces. Others might be bigger, with fuel facilities, while still others could be fully equipped with maintenance facilities.

I think SCS could address these land ownership elements in the future, although it's clearly not a priority. The games currently feel geared towards large commercial enterprises with dozens of trucks, spread across large "garages." But many transport companies just rent spaces in out-of-town yards, parking lots or on rural farms. Maybe one day we could rent a space in a EuroAcres/Bushnell Farms prefab that acts as a parking space.

One other bonus from implementing this kind of model - you'd be able to see other parked trucks in the yard too, AI vehicles that are also "operating from there" or staying the night. The current garages feel a bit empty because it's only ever your own truck that's nearby.
Ilmiont on World of Trucks

EU: 2012 Volvo FH16
US: 2016 Kenworth W900 / 2015 Volvo VNL
Jaga

#2230 Post by Jaga » 30 Oct 2017 23:33

Special Transport got me thinking about some of the things I have wanted in ETS2, through the many years I've played it. I was always surprised that more "shiny bells and whistles" were added, instead of more "meat and potatoes" (like the ST DLC). Improving the look of trucks is nice - improving ETS2 gameplay would be nicer.

Here's a wishlist of items I would love to see, either as standalone DLC or as packages inside DLC (many of them work together). All would contribute/expand the game in different ways greatly. Feedback is welcome on any or all. I would like to think the developers come out here from time to time to read this topic for ideas from fans, and that some of these might make the cut one day.

Ride Along - Ride in the passenger seat of your employees' trucks as they perform jobs, helping them level up faster by giving them "advice" if your rating is higher than theirs. You sleep when they do, watch them gas up and use tolls, etc. Other drivers in your company continue to perform jobs just as if you were driving your own truck.

Now You See Me - Visually see your company's trucks driving along routes if you are near enough to an active driver.

Instructor - Add your employees to your truck while you drive (in the passenger seat), greatly improving their leveling speed (for the duration of their ride with you) if your rating is above theirs.

Contracts - Get your reptutation high enough by doing a good job for a company (shipper) and they may offer you a lucrative Contract. Better per-distance wages, bonuses for early deliveries, higher xp earned while performing a haul for a contractor, etc.

Better Communications - Employees now make use of Emails to let you know when they leveled up, what skill they improved, what the next skill they are going to improve is, if they think they should train something else, etc. Contracts (see above) update you on any changes via email. Investments (see below) do the same for all correspondence.

Competing Companies - Have their own drivers and trucks, can take the same jobs your drivers have access to, make profits and can expand just like you do (no physical garages)

Convoy Jobs - Take special jobs (similar to Special Transport jobs) where you lead a convoy of your trucks/employees from a shipping pickup location all the way to their destination. Might only be available if a Contract is active (see Contracts above)

Investments - Invest in shippers all over the world! Companies like Tree-Et, WGCC, Euro-Goodies, eAcres and more will sell you stock in their company (if you've worked for them enough and have a large enough company yourself) which can rise or fall. Completing successful jobs for these companies can help their stock improve (early deliveries could raise it even more), and deliveries for them while you have a running Contract (see above) guarantee to improve their stock. Dividends pay out regularly to stock holders, but stock can be sold only after holding it for a minimum period of time.

Subcontractors - Hire freelance "subcontractor" drivers to boost your revenue stream. They drive their own trucks, but work for your company for a period of time splitting their profit with you. They benefit by being able to take jobs from any city you have discovered - the more of the world you know, the better they perform. They don't use Garage spots, since they are their own bosses. Their starting skills are higher than the average hirable employees from Recruiting Agencies, and they raise skills how they want. Use them long enough and they might offer to work for you permanently, but you'll have to "buy them out" along with the cost of their trucks, which become yours in the process.

Disasters - Employees can now crash their trucks (either minor or major accidents), have engine failures on the road, run into natural disasters like falling rocks and flooded roads which slow their job progress and damage their trucks, trailers with malfunctioning items like bad refrigeration, and so on. Your reputation with the shipper and overall company standing can help mitigate some of the cost of these infrequent incidents. Updates sent via email to the player (see Better Communications above).

Bonuses - Give out bonuses to your drivers for good performance, or as holiday rewards, or just to say "thanks!". Bonuses raise morale and employee performance for a short time based on their size/value. Sometimes just improving the truck an employee drives enough can act as a bonus all by itself.

Negotiations - Higher skilled employees may sometimes ask you to give them bonuses, or for improvements to the trucks they drive as perks for being more skilled. Fulfilling these desires raises that employee's morale, and their job performance for a little while. Failing to do so lowers their morale, and can (if done enough times) lead to their resignation and an empty truck in your garage.
Last edited by Reef on 30 Oct 2017 23:53, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Text colour changed - Green is reserved for moderator use only.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”