This guy don't like ATS or SCS?

Frontiersman

Re: This guy don't like ATS or SCS?

#61 Post by Frontiersman » 29 Oct 2017 16:55

drbky wrote: 29 Oct 2017 16:29 "We are not going to abandon either game and we still have plenty of plans left for both" That sounds nice,but i'm a middle aged guy and at the snails pace ATS content is realased ill be either dead and gone or too old to care..Btw how about more wot events for ATS..lol
Some random thoughts inspired by your post:

We never hear from those that have passed on in the last 18 months.... no internet in paradise, I guess?

Imagine the repercussions if a game included the pitch "ALL future expansion will be released before you die! GUARANTEED!

Too old to care? When ever I do kick the bucket, it'll be because someone placed the bucket in front of my Logitech pedals. :lol:
flight50

#62 Post by flight50 » 29 Oct 2017 17:36

bobgrey1997 wrote: 29 Oct 2017 16:46
flight50 wrote: 29 Oct 2017 15:25 You and I are very similar in some ways. Perhaps that is the Arkansan in me that connects with ya, lol.
You're from North Little Rock, right? I think we talked about the craziness of construction at the Big Rock Interchange?
Yes Sir that is I, lol. If I had interest in the editor, I too would pass time that way. I don't care for the ET2 feel just as you but it's trucking for me. I also play F1 racing to distract me. I actually get more joy from F1 than ET2. By this time next year, we will at the least have one additional map. If SCS has no setbacks as they did with NM and crank out the the first one quicker than anticipated, we could see a 2nd state at years in. If not perhaps Q1 or Q2 in 2019. Either way, I will jump back to ATS over ET2. I will purchase ET2's oversized cargo and Italy as well to keep my support up for SCS. I do know ATS just better have oversized on its menu before Q1 2018 ends. Otherwise people will flare up, lol. Lately though what one game gets, the other will as well. But I will probably only log a hr or two per week in ET2 once NM releases just to make a delivery and then turn back to ATS.

When 1.29 is official, I sure hope most of the more popular mods are updated to go along with NM. Ones such as real company logos, real gas stations, greyhound bus and realistic mirrors if they have not already fixed that in the base game. Those are my must have mods. People have better relations with the environment they are familiar with.
old.Trucker

#63 Post by old.Trucker » 29 Oct 2017 18:15

MandelSoft wrote: 29 Oct 2017 12:58 ... of being outdated like some areas on the ETS2 map are (*COUGH!* Germany *COUGH!*).
The core of ETS2 map is actually copy/paste UKTS (UK) + GTS (Germany & Austria) maps.

but anyway thank you for opinion ...
Understanding 'map editor' is really easy, all you have to do is understand 'map editor' ... :o
(BigTrucker) old.Trucker = more millions km in: 18 WoS series (+Extreme Trucker) + Rig'n'Roll (California) + ETS + GTS + UKTS + STDS + ETS2 + ATS

Peterbilt & Mercedes + TruckersMP = Trucking
T6A5

#64 Post by T6A5 » 08 Nov 2017 22:08

I know this thread hasn't been touched in a few days but I wanted to give my 2 cents re; ETS2 vs ATS.

I personally play ETS2 far, far more than ATS, and that is for two reasons - me being European myself, and the size of the game map, doubly so when you run a map mod like Promods. There is definitely a lot more, and varied, terrain to explore in ETS2. I've just picked up ATS though and I've noticed that it's very good for a change of scenery, since the desert is so wildly different to anything in ETS2. The game tends to get the most mileage out of me when I'm getting burned out by ETS2.

My other issues with ATS are specific features that are lacking in the truck design area - such as the fact that you still can't add extra floodlights on the front grab bars (a MUST for night drives), or interior accessories. All in all, I do think it's a solid game, just a bit lacking in things for me to do as compared to ETS2.
Axel Slingerland

#65 Post by Axel Slingerland » 09 Nov 2017 01:27

Have you ever seen Hard Truck: 18 Wheels Of Steel? That was SCS's first truck sim. I played it for off and on for 10 years. Never lost interest in it until I found out that SCS were still at it, and had been making truck sim games the whole time. I saw one of Squirrel's ETS2 video's on YT and was interested immediately because it was 100 times better. I bought ETS2 about 3 days later, and now (4 years later) I have driven over 2 million kilometers. I always restart when I completely fill in the map, and my average is about 200,000 km per restart. The map has increased in size a number of times, between adding ProMods on occasion but mostly just sticking to the base map and the official map DLC's. I see myself playing ETS2 a lot longer than HT:18WoS. You know, 10 years multiplied by 100 times better. I realize this is an ATS thread about a guy who doesn't like it anymore. But my point is, who cares if he doesn't like it? ATS and ETS2 are closely related, and there's plenty of people who do like them.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
canuckster

#66 Post by canuckster » 09 Nov 2017 01:37

Meh I haven't played ATS for nearly 3-4 months, doesn't mean I won't play it when NM comes out.
A Lannister always pays his debts.
Pining to drive the Trans-Canada Highway... some eventual beautiful day.
wolfedg

#67 Post by wolfedg » 09 Nov 2017 01:43

Axel Slingerland wrote: 09 Nov 2017 01:27 ...But my point is, who cares if he doesn't like it? ATS and ETS2 are closely related, and there's plenty of people who do like them.
Exactly. That and I seriously wonder about all the complaint threads that have shown up of late, especially on steam forums. But then I got to thinking these complaints actually prove that the 'I'm leaving' or 'this game is terrible' or 'i wont pay that price' complainers are either trolls or liars because only a troll would spend time complaining about a game they don't like or want. Everyone else would move on to other things without saying a word.
canuckster

#68 Post by canuckster » 09 Nov 2017 02:08

Hopefully SCS pays no attention to those trolls, I'm sure they don't, still I think 12 Euros is too little for NM, I'd easily pay 20+, but whatever.
A Lannister always pays his debts.
Pining to drive the Trans-Canada Highway... some eventual beautiful day.
RichardHeade1

#69 Post by RichardHeade1 » 09 Nov 2017 09:17

Yeah, the guy made some good points however, Yoo Toob is full of kids and fools making money from advertising, so, the more that watch these 'rant' videos the better for them, don't forget that.

The thing that makes me smile most, is that I'm British, but, I hate driving on the England map, it's dreadful, however, I love ETS2 as I've been to every country in Europe on holidays and business, so, I enjoy the various terrain and vegetation differences, Olive Trees and Alpine Mountains, we don't have those here, it's all new and enjoyable. I am a little surprised that Europeans don't like ATS as they both drive on the right, you would have thought it is an easy transition to make, unlike the Brits who have to adapt to this massive change, some hate driving on the righthandside and give up, I'm surprised the kids have mastered it, to be honest, and have also come to terms with automatic clutches as well, it's more than just a hobby to us, we're being re-educated....... :mrgreen:
Vinnie Terranova

#70 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 09 Nov 2017 10:37

Personnally I like ATS somewhat more than ETS2, although I'm from Europe. I think it mainly has to do with the width of the lanes: in ATS the lanes are somewhat wider and thus more easy to drive than ETS2. ETS2 is harder to drive when you don't have a steering wheel but just the keyboard.
That being said I've driven all the roads in ATS, so I'm waiting for NM to pick up ATS again. But when I'm finished NM I think I will take another look at ETS2, because I think it's a matter of time to get used to the smaller lanes in ETS2.

Return to “General discussion about the game”